red
    1998 z28

Camaro HPE650 vs Mustang SuperSnake vs Challenger

Black
    2000 trans am ws6

Thats so bad ass!!! put some sticky tires on the supersnake tho eeeaak

Owning a 9 sec ricer is like coming out of the closest: at first you'll surprise everyone, but in the end you're still gay

Black
    98 Z28

3 nice cars. As much as i talk smack about everything not Chevy, these cars are all American at the end of the day. However, if i bought that Challenger and was told i got 700+ HP and dyno'ed it i would be PISSED!

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

Hmm 612 RWHP for a 650 HP car and 635 RWHP for a 750 HP car. One overrated one underrated. I'd like to see what the weight of the added stuff to the HPE car is that stocker was in the high 3800 so it's gotta be as much or more than the 4095 lb super snake. Shows what power under the curve will do for you though. Even though the super snake was traction limited it still didn't trap as high as the HPE.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

well they did bring the right challenger, they didnt say what this one was rated at. the one they were supposed to bring was 750, but it was a roots mount 7.2L, the one in the video is a centrifugal 6.2L.

speaking of, even though its weaker, that challenger sounded raunchy as hell

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

oh and many of you will agree with me that a lot of styling for the mustang is jacked from the camaro concept, the one in transformers. but now look at those damn wheels, recognize them?

Navy Blue Metallic
    2002 Z28

that camaro sounds orgasmic

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

still wouldnt buy any of them even if i had the money,

procharged ls7 t/a FTW
    Last edited by justinmc978; 10-28-2009 at 11:18 AM.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by justinmc978 View Post
    still wouldnt buy any of them even if i had the money,

procharged ls7 t/a FTW

I feel you, Im not a T/A guy but I love Gen 4 camaros. If I had the money to get a new car it would be another 2002

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

I had to jump over to Youtube where this video is hosted to see what those weak ford guys would be crying about. I was getting flash backs to when motor trend did the 2010 SS vs 2010 GT and the Camaro kick the GT's butt. Anyways I went over to YouTube and one ford guy had posted that it was not fair cause the Super Snake did not have slicks on the back. Why can they not just deal with the fact that ford always under powers all there cars?

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by supercopone View Post
    I had to jump over to Youtube where this video is hosted to see what those weak ford guys would be crying about. I was getting flash backs to when motor trend did the 2010 SS vs 2010 GT and the Camaro kick the GT's butt. Anyways I went over to YouTube and one ford guy had posted that it was not fair cause the Super Snake did not have slicks on the back. Why can they not just deal with the fact that ford always under powers all there cars?
    Being as im a diehard Chevy fan ill allways defend them. But to be honest, the super snake is nice looking. To anyone complaining that the Super Snake was cheated dident really get the jist of the comparing. They took 3 cars, moded by 3 different companies and compared them the way the company gave the cars to them. If you wanna retry the test with different tires then what shelby put on them then lets be fair and put the same ones on the other 2 cars.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by FullBlack4thGen View Post
    Being as im a diehard Chevy fan ill allways defend them. But to be honest, the super snake is nice looking. To anyone complaining that the Super Snake was cheated dident really get the jist of the comparing. They took 3 cars, moded by 3 different companies and compared them the way the company gave the cars to them. If you wanna retry the test with different tires then what shelby put on them then lets be fair and put the same ones on the other 2 cars.
    Yes my best friend just got a 2010 Gt its that real light blue color, Its fast and clean but my 2002 b4c with no mods I killed him in a race, it was close till the end. I say close we were neck and neck we went about a half mile at the end I put a few on him. But at the end of the day its a nice car just under powerd.

BLACK
    2001 WS-6

ive driven on of the SRT 8 challengers, and it feels like a heavy family car with a big engine. i thought it was a sloppy driving car, my TA had a lot less body roll in corners. all in all...not impressed!

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

With Ford'a live axle, it'll never be able to put the power (no matter how much) to the ground. Each magazine has had the same prob with the factory Shelby's that put out 540hp.
    A regular Vette will beat it everytime with 436hp.

Black
    98 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Hyde View Post
    With Ford'a live axle, it'll never be able to put the power (no matter how much) to the ground. Each magazine has had the same prob with the factory Shelby's that put out 540hp.
    A regular Vette will beat it everytime with 436hp.
    They just did a comparative article in car and driver i believe. It was supposed to be for ultimate American Car or something. The Shelby cost less, had more HP and still lost to the Corvette GS. Ill post more info if anyone cares, if you don't i wont look for the magazine, lol.

Jetstream Blue Metallic
    2008 Z06 Corvette

They just did a comparative article in car and driver i believe. It was supposed to be for ultimate American Car or something. The Shelby cost less, had more HP and still lost to the Corvette GS. Ill post more info if anyone cares, if you don't i wont look for the magazine, lol.
    I have that mag, and it was the one I was actually referring to. Great write-up and it's always nice to see a Ford lose.
    In the article it writes that how are they going to explain the lose to the big Ford Boss. It goes on to mention that if or when Ford decides to finally spend some money on the Mustang and put in an IRS, then they can expect the car to hook up.
    I'm paraphraising a bit here...

Black
    2000 Z-28

I'm a diehard chevy fan as well and I will admit that the stang looked nice. My thing is, they knew the kind of power it was making and put the wrong tires on..who's fault is that? Put slicks on both of them and I'm certain the camaro will overtake it again in the 1/4 mile based on the trap speeds. Like somene else mentioned, overall for the price tags associated w/ these cars they're not providing that impressive of a level of performance.

Black
    2002 Z28 B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Johns00Z28 View Post
    I'm a diehard chevy fan as well and I will admit that the stang looked nice. My thing is, they knew the kind of power it was making and put the wrong tires on..who's fault is that? Put slicks on both of them and I'm certain the camaro will overtake it again in the 1/4 mile based on the trap speeds. Like somene else mentioned, overall for the price tags associated w/ these cars they're not providing that impressive of a level of performance.

So true....nuff said

Thread Information