Thread: Cam

Cam

Looking for some help in deciding which size cam to install in my m6 2000 Z-28. I have done exhaust, stronger gears in trans, and rearend gears. The car dyno 330 hp/327 torque.
    Last edited by Arctic white; 12-07-2015 at 05:09 PM.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

Is the car just a weekend warrior or a daily driver? Do you track it? Are you planning to do a stall too? Are you looking for more low-end torque or top-end? Do you have stock gear ratio in the rear?

Those are important questions to think about which will help decide. You can get a little more aggressive since you're an M6 and not sacrifice driveability.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

Sorry it's a daily driver. I take it to the track when it's warmer. I have 4.10 gears Moser gears. T56 tick performance level 1 gears. Ls7 clutch package. Pacesetter long tube headers and Texas speed Rumbler catback. I'm looking for a little more hp and torque.
    Last edited by Arctic white; 12-07-2015 at 05:33 PM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

FBJ recommends the 228 cams for DD or mild bolt on's like you have. Got to give you a warning though increasing engine output will raise the risk on blowing the rear. Street tires you should be ok as long as you don't launch it at 4k rpms or above.

What ever cam you get try to get it as a package deal that comes with the cam and springs together. You'll also need to plan on new push rods as well as tuning.

Thank you very much. I'm planning to get cam kit that comes with all of parts. I don't launch 4k. I can't get traction on the tires that I have. I appreciate all of your help.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

Check out Texas-Speed they have some good advice when you call their help desk. Personally I'm doing their As-Cast heads with a 233/239 cam. The whole package is like 2500 but you also need to consider a larger volume oil pump (ported LS6 or Melling) timing chain, fuel pump and injectors. A lot of little stuff but it'll just maximize the performance
    98' Trans AM RIP

00' WS6/Black/Pacesetter LT's/Magnaflow Exhaust/SLP lid/Nick Williams 92mm TB/FAST 92 Intake/BMR Strut Tower Brace/BMR Rear LCA's/BMR Panhard Bar

Pewter
    2002 Trans Am WS6 M6

Also check out tick performance. Martin does some excellent custom grinds and stocks lots of off the shelf typical grinds.
    Last edited by raynor139; 12-23-2015 at 01:06 PM.
    Mods - Lid, Skip Shift Eliminator, MGW shifter, UMI SFCs, Founders Lower Control Arms, Founders Panhard Bar, Founders Adj. Torque Arm, UMI Torque arm mount, MWC Drive shaft safety loop, KONI Yellows, Strano Springs, Strano Sway bars, UMI Upper and lower A Arms, 160 thermostat, TSP headers and TSP true duals Monster stage 2 clutch, racetronix fuel pump, Strange S60 rear axle and tune by Frost.

Black
    2000 WS6 Trans AM

At the track this summer I was talking to a guy who has a pair of Z06's and he was running Brian Tooley custom ground cams...he had a lot of good things to say, maybe check him out too.

Thread Information