Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    UberTapping Friction Pimp Anthracis's Avatar

18D Cock Diesel
    1999 Z28; 98 SS #2043 RIP

Beware of online scam guys!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260107650909

I paid over $2600.00 to this guy. I got nothing in return. No communication. No nothing. His name is Christopher Caprio and his website was www.capriomotorsports.com. After I paid him, the website was taken down and his company telephone number no longer works.

The telephone number for this company is also disconnected now. I got scammed and hope that you guys be careful about online shopping. His shop address is listed as: 3870 Sandpiper Drive, Hanover Park, IL 60133. The number is (630) 247-6875 but it no longer is any good.

I contacted paypal and ebay but they have done nothing! Don't believe all of the BS about your transactions being secure. I am an educated guy and I checked his ratings and thought that he was an honest business owner. Apparently, I was wrong.

I even contacted my bank! No one seems to help!

Just be careful out there. I am now out $2600+!!!!!!! If you guys know of anything else I can do, please let me know. I need y'alls help!

Thanks guys!!

Blue
    99 Z28

That really sucks man. Get a lawyer.

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Keep calling, u may have just talk to a representative that doesn't care to do their job, or was having a bad day, or was tired, etc... Call and ask to talk to their boss. And don't end the phone call until you are satisfied. You shouldn't be out $2600, someone will step up and take care of it for you. Get the police involved also if you have not yet.

18D Cock Diesel

I would call but the number is disconnected. A lawyer wouldn't touch this case because the likelihood of payoff is minimal. Also, I would spend more than $2600 trying to collect. Shame on me for getting scammed! Only recourse is small claims and I am not going to IL to file a small claims case. Its just a lose-lose situation. What a damn shame! People can do this sort of thing and get away with it. I think I may start selling some shit on Ebay that don't exist!!! But I'm not a worthless loser like that asshole.

white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260107650909

I paid over $2600.00 to this guy. I got nothing in return. No communication. No nothing. His name is Christopher Caprio and his website was www.capriomotorsports.com. After I paid him, the website was taken down and his company telephone number no longer works.

The telephone number for this company is also disconnected now. I got scammed and hope that you guys be careful about online shopping. His shop address is listed as: 3870 Sandpiper Drive, Hanover Park, IL 60133. The number is (630) 247-6875 but it no longer is any good.

I contacted paypal and ebay but they have done nothing! Don't believe all of the BS about your transactions being secure. I am an educated guy and I checked his ratings and thought that he was an honest business owner. Apparently, I was wrong.

I even contacted my bank! No one seems to help!

Just be careful out there. I am now out $2600+!!!!!!! If you guys know of anything else I can do, please let me know. I need y'alls help!

Thanks guys!!
    hey i live real close to that address, you want me to drive by and see what is really there??

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

just want to see how this turns out.

18D Cock Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by conny9784 View Post
    hey i live real close to that address, you want me to drive by and see what is really there??
    Hell Yeah! But don't engage the party in any way. Just see what type of place it is. I think it may be a home. It could be an old address for the guy too! So do not do anything other than drive by the place if you have time. This is very much appreciated. If it is indeed a business, please get a phone number or something. I just found out that another guy named mark was also scammed by this guy.

I will get to the bottom of this thing one way or another!! Thanks for the help man! Its good to know that there are some good people left out there.

by the way his DOB is 5/9/83. So if you see a geezer, its not him!! lol

NBM
    1998Z28

I would contact the Attorney General for his state and let them know what happened. You aren't the only he took for sure and somebody in his state might have a law suit against him already.

eating bulldog
    son of biscuit

thats badass that there is people out there helping other people out

2005 GTO M6 Black
    2000 Z28 A4 Red

You should be able to sue his arse and get your money back especially if someone can verify his exhistance for ya.

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Quote Originally Posted by Anthracis View Post
    Hell Yeah! But don't engage the party in any way. Just see what type of place it is. I think it may be a home. It could be an old address for the guy too! So do not do anything other than drive by the place if you have time. This is very much appreciated. If it is indeed a business, please get a phone number or something. I just found out that another guy named mark was also scammed by this guy.

I will get to the bottom of this thing one way or another!! Thanks for the help man! Its good to know that there are some good people left out there.

by the way his DOB is 5/9/83. So if you see a geezer, its not him!! lol
    Since he's scamming folks out of their hard earned $$$ what makes you think that's his real BD? I'm not trying to be harsh, it's just that he's already lied about the transaction why not lie about everything else? Lot's 'o fishing going on out in cyberspace.

white
    2002 z28

thats what sucks about long distence buying/ trust these days. and like the person who got scammed it will prob cost more for the lawer then the scam.

well i hopw everything works out for you bro and get that piece of shit.

or instead of getting a lawer you should pay that guy on LS1.com to best the shit out of that guy and least you get something out of the deal

18D Cock Diesel

I'd rather do it myself thanks

Silver and Black
    1998 Z/28

Did you pay with PayPal? That's supposed to be secure... right?! I buy/sell different things on eBay, and want to know how this turns out...

Best of luck!!

ASC #753
    2002 Collector's Edition

Like I said, keep calling Paypal and Ebay. You will eventually get a worthy representative that will take care of this issue. And your bank of all ppl should definately be trying to help you out, go in there in person and ask for bosses. If that don't work, get numbers to their corporation. I wouldn't just accept this loss personally.

Hope things are made right for you man, that really sux.

Senior Member 440 rwhp trans am's Avatar

red ta orange gto
    97 trans am 06 gto

look at their feed back they haven't sold anything for a while. i don't like companies like that. he probably went out of business 4 months ago and now wanted some quick cash. i always call and talk to people before bidding. good luck
    Click for full size

Quote Originally Posted by 440 rwhp trans am View Post
    look at their feed back they haven't sold anything for a while. i don't like companies like that. he probably went out of business 4 months ago and now wanted some quick cash. i always call and talk to people before bidding. good luck
    yea that looks really sketchy, i remember when i bought my supercharger off ebay i opened the box and inside this huge box was a bunch of small boxes, one was a hampster cage box, another a diaper box. I sat there for a minute and was like WTF? I paid 2k for a hampster cage and a diaper box!!!! but then i opened it and i found all the parts.

good luck man

18D Cock Diesel

Thanks guys. I have been hounding PayPal and now they are saying that they were able to put a hold on the funds and account of the seller. But they can only refund one of the payments I made. Let me give some background info. The rear I bought from them came out to $2600+ And I have a daily spending limit on my card of $2500. So I asked if I could make two equal payments. They were fine with it...so I paid twice in the amount of $1334.98 to chris@capriomotorsports.com via PayPal.

PayPal is now saying that I can only be entitled to recover on one of the payments if the seller does not respond or whatever. I guess there is some poophole...er...I mean Loophole that says if it is a single item bought or sold, only one payment is recoverable.

Make sure you guys take note of this. I will not give up. I will be going into my bank and also making a claim. I already made a claim by phone but I will follow up in a branch as well.

Any of you guys have any experience with this?? I hope this works out...I am so mad! I looked at the guy's feedback and since he had 89 and good feedback, I thought it was ok.

As 440 rwhp trans am said, I should have noticed that they didn't sell anything for some time! D'OH! I should have seen that. I am pretty observant most times but that one slipped by! Costly mistake on my part.

I know that I will get some sort of help from somewhere but I just wish I didn't have to deal with the BS. The Camaro has been in the shop getting some other work done (new heads and cam) but we have been waiting on this rear end for like three weeks now. The shop is charging me storage fees now. I have to go get the car back, look for another rear end, take it back, pay more for the work, etc...etc...What a load of crap!

It will be worth it in the end though! One step at a time. I will be dogged in my determination to get my funds reimbursed first.

This sucks!

Guys, thanks again so very much for your help and input. You guys gave me some good ideas and feedback. I will implement as much as I can and I will let everyone know how it turns out!

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Make a Police Report

You should call your local police department and make a report. I deal with this stuff all the time. Most of the time I can get peoples money back with a few simple phone calls. There are ways to trace were the money goes and find the person. Like I said I deal with this all the time. Your local police department should help you. If you need further help PM me. I will do what I can to help you get info.

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

What about just stopping payment or refusal to pay? Like stopping payment on a lost check. Can you even do that? What are they going to do sue you for not paying and give you a bad feedback.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Thread Information