Black
    2001 Camaro SS

The beasts of Minneapolis!

Ok. so I have had this car for 8 days and rarely see any on the road. Just curious as to who owns an fbody in the area? Anyone go downtown and meet up on the weekends? I know there is usually some illegal street racing going over there...

Red

If you are a younger, hell raiser type, join up with the mnfbody.com crowd. If you are a bit more mature, the northstarcamaroclub.com crowd may be more to your taste. Both clubs do show up together at a few events, and there are members that join both. As for rarely seeing fbodies, where in the cities are you, we are north of the cities and see them all the time.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by 67rsss View Post
    If you are a younger, hell raiser type, join up with the mnfbody.com crowd. If you are a bit more mature, the northstarcamaroclub.com crowd may be more to your taste. Both clubs do show up together at a few events, and there are members that join both. As for rarely seeing fbodies, where in the cities are you, we are north of the cities and see them all the time.
    I live in Burnsville and I dont see too many. Atleast not since I have gotten mine. It's probably because it's getting colder but I would like to see some more out there. I will check the sites, thanks.

Red

The weather will definately change what you see. We already have the 67 put away for the winter, and the 94 is getting put away this weekend. It is the truck time of year out here... Next spring, there will be plenty of chances for you to see some F-bodies, plan on attending some of the local shows! Do everything you can to get to Carcraft and the Blacksmith show next year. Don't judge Northstar too harshly on the website, we are working on it right now, and hope to have a much better site together soon. Unfortunately, this time of year, not too many people are willing to take the cars out, though there is a show at the convention center in January that draws a few f-bodies. If you decide you are interested in joining on e of the local clubs, try attending a few of the meetings before next spring so you can get a good feel for what each clubs goals and tone are. CarCraft Nat's is also a great place to meet with some of the members from the clubs, see their cars, and find the right fit for you. There are a lot of good cars in the area, we hope to see yours at one of the events as well...

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Hi i'm from cottage grove area, lots and lots of fbodies here.. I still see some around but i put mine away already and same with my bro.. But i agree try to go to Carcraft nationals at the fairgrounds, awesome.. Hope to see you around

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ghui99ss View Post
    Hi i'm from cottage grove area, lots and lots of fbodies here.. I still see some around but i put mine away already and same with my bro.. But i agree try to go to Carcraft nationals at the fairgrounds, awesome.. Hope to see you around
    Too early to put away! It's 65 today. Shouldnt be any rain for the next week and this weather is great for these cars. They love the cool air! I'll see you around!
    2001 Chevrolet Camaro SS M6
    Thunder Racing 224/224 .563/.563 112 LSA
    FLP longtube headers (No cats) and y pipe
    GMMG catback
    Underdrive pulley
    LS1 motorsports lid
    PRO 5.0 with Lous Short stick
    Lower control arms,adjustable panhard bar, subframe connectors.
    NITTO 555RII's

Black
    1999 Camaro SS

Say speedworld, how do you like your tr224 cam? I am lookin into gettin a cam and want somethin streetable, I am also probably goin to pick up some heads too while im at it... Just wondering your opinion on the cam.. Thanks

Black
    2001 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ghui99ss View Post
    Say speedworld, how do you like your tr224 cam? I am lookin into gettin a cam and want somethin streetable, I am also probably goin to pick up some heads too while im at it... Just wondering your opinion on the cam.. Thanks

I love it. It's my daily driver and works great. Not a very hard idle but enough to make it sound pretty mean. The power is great at every level. It's been great for me. I have stock heads and intake, but once I upgrade I will pushing quite a lot of power to the wheels.

Thread Information