Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: B4c

blue
    83 mustang 347

B4c

anyone ever had a B4C police interceptor? I found a place that has 12 of them in stock all under 100k miles and around 7500-9000. All of the cars are restored to factory condition with brand new paint jobs, brand new painted rotors, new tires, and basically anything else that needs to be fixed. got any opinions on them?

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Ive driven one before..my Firhawk feels faster..but then again the camaro was an auto and my car is a stick...

Personally..i wouldnt buy one because of the HARD 70k or 80k it could have had on it. Im sure those cops drive the shit out of them..dont quote me on that though.

blue
    83 mustang 347

i see what you are saying but its never going to see DD use. it will be moer of a weekend toy to take to the track.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

OHHH.okay..then yeah by all means I would get it

NBM
    99 TA

price is a bit steep, i usually see these cars listed on the forums for like 4500-6500 but not with new paint jobs etc.
    if it is a car you like and you want to spend the $$ then go for it.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

My 94 was a B4C and it was a great car. Just because they are B4Cs though does not mean they actually served. As far as I know mine never did. Was always great people thinking I had a 6 cylinder and try and get an easy win racing me. Basically they are the same as a Z28 just different badges and alt. Hard to find car in 94 I think they only made 668.

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

I have a b4c car and it has never been a cop car (fleet vehicle). Mine has about 16k on it now and of course I have never had any problems with it. Good luck and enjoy.....

White
    2002 B4C

I just bought a 2002 B4C from the CHP. I have contacted the officer that had it and also the autotech that took care of it. I have the entire history of the car and all of the service records. I paid $8,700 for mine. It was ragged on at times I'm sure, but probably not any harder than we rag on our own LS1's. I also happen to be a police officer. I rag on my own Crown Vic at times, but only because it just won't go when I push on the gas pedal. If I had a Camaro or the new Charger for a police car I wouldn't need to rag on it to get somewhere because it would have plenty of power.

Oddly enough one of my co-workers originally bought this car a year ago from the CHP. I advised him not to buy it where it was a police car with 100,000 miles on it. I reminded him how we drove our own police cars. He bought it anyways and I went with him to California to get it. I was surprised when I first noticed the great condition of the car, and even more surprised of how well it drove. We drove the car back to Idaho and it drove awesome!!! I changed my mind during the trip and told my buddy that if he ever sells it that I would like to buy it. He had it for a year in his garage and put a whopping 2000 miles on it. Now I have it, and my wife and I are driving it everyday! Oftentimes more than our other newer vehicles.

I think that you will find two types of B4C's out there. Those that were beat and those that weren't. Generally an officer that trashes the car will trash it through and through. You will be able to tell just by looking at it. Fortunately for me the CHP only took delivery of 63 of these arctic white Z's in 2002. The officers that got them were generally hand picked.

Trentster

White
    2002 B4C

Oops spoke too soon. I just popped an SES light. Passenger side cat is bad. I just went by the dealer and they cleared the code. They banged on the passenger side cat and now stuff us rattling around inside it like there is something wrong with the engine. It is the most hidious sound until you get about 1500-2000 rpms. The good news is that it is apparently covered under a warranty that gm extended for 12 years or 120,000 miles. They will be ordering me a new passenger side cat today and taking care of me for free. The only thing that baffles me is that they are only replacing the one on the passenger side. What's up with that?

Trentster

blue
    83 mustang 347

Thanks fellas good stuff. The cats apparently going bad on ls1's is apparently a common thing my roomates went bad twice and his o2 sensors went bad twice as well in 3 years
    Last edited by ztrouble; 10-03-2007 at 06:05 AM.

Blue
    2002 Z28 Camaro M6

Quote Originally Posted by ztrouble View Post
    Thangs fellas good stuff. The cats apparently going bad on ls1's is apparently a common thing my roomates went bad twice and his o2 sensors went bat twice as well in 3 years
    I went through 2 sets of them in about 2 years with my LT1... damn speed bumps.

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

I wouldnt pay much more then 5 grand for a B4C

Black
    '02 B4C Camaro

bought a n '02 B4C 100,000mi car in febuary $5500 needed some paint work.
    i repainted the hood ,spoiler, right door & front fender. ex texas HP car. i'm sure they ran the shit out of it. but i dought if they ran it any harder than i do.
    it's easily mistaken for a 3800 car which is fun. beat an SS about a month ago he looked over in total disbelief when i went by him with the cut out open.
    i,ve got about $6800 in it now. 2K in more mods planned, a pretty good value IMHO.

pics
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...203/02B4Ca.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...203/02B4Cb.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...203/02B4Cd.jpg

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

how do u guys find b4c camaros? and is it true none of them are ttops?

Rally Red
    2001 Camaro B4C

I have a B4C that I got from kansas highway patrol, when I bought it it came with all of the maintenance records. I dont know if all states do maintenance as much as kansas but my car has had mobil 1 every 3000 miles since it was new, and they also serviced the tranny every 17k miles.

When I got mine there were two available the one I got was driven by a driving instructor so he was pretty nice to it most of the time because it wasnt on duty very often. and the other one was a car that was on duty everyday and you could tell that the officer that drove the other one wasnt nearly as kind to it.

You should be able to tell pretty eaisly how hard the person who drove it were on the car.

Also when I bought mine the officer said that a lot of camaros that were used as police cars were not B4C's but just Z28's so if it is important to you that you actually get a B4C you should check the rpo codes on the inside of the driver door, it will say B4C.

I am very happy with my B4C, it is also cool to tell people that your car used to be a police car, and with the stock exhaust it would be really easy to mistake it for a v6 so that is always fun

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Yea but the police cars are always going to be beat on tho. Think cop driving especially in a camaro, not worried about tickets, they will always find a way to "be in pursue"

Black
    '02 B4C Camaro

110 is back stroke. i'd do 100-130mph all day long thats not beating on it.
    it's called jail or a mandatory court appearence.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ATCharming's Avatar

Silver
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    how do u guys find b4c camaros? and is it true none of them are ttops?
    bump on my post... i need a response!!!

Red
    2002 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by ATCharming View Post
    bump on my post... i need a response!!!
    Yeah, at least the LS1 B4Cs can't be had with T-Tops. Not sure about earler models, but I doubt that T-Tops were available on them also. You could get just about every other option available on the Z-28 on them though.

I bought one new at the end of the 2002 model year when a local dealer ended up with around 16 of them that were ordered but weren't accepted by Henderson PD. At least that was the dealer's story. Most of them ended up as ZL1 conversions by GMMG.

It was a Sebring Silver M6 car with all the power package options (cruise, PDL, PW, P seat, etc.), leather, 12-disk CD changer, Hurst shifter, TCS, etc. The only option available on the Z-28 it didn't have was chrome wheels (and T-Tops, of course).

The only difference between my B4C and my Z-28 (other than color and options) was the B4C had 1LE lower control arms, a body colored roof, and no Z-28 badges. Same alternator, same programing, same brakes, etc.

Not sure where you can get them, but if you find out, let me know. I sold the B4C when I needed some bucks.

Black
    2001 Camaro

I also have a 01 B4C got it with 91K and so far it has been good to me at 101K. Came with all maint. records. The cars are prone to mtr.and trans mounts and flywheel cracking, rearends failing; which must people know the rears are weak.
    Ran mine on highway against WS6 m6 and was quite shocked how well I kept up, which could have been other driver not running/shifting early but we stayed nose to nose from 100 to 150. all I have is lid, bellows, lower filter case mod and now tb bypass.

Thread Information