Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

anyone raced a Dodge Neon SRT-4 ?

A guy I work with has a Dodge Neon SRT-4. I pulled up beside him on the interstate and tried to get him to race but he would not bite. Another guy at work swears that the guys Dodge will beat my stock 01 SS, a4. I am not sure what year his is but read some reviews and they say they will run around 99-101 mph in the quarter and limited @ 153 top end. Anybody raced one or have some input ???

Light Pewter Metallic
    2000 Camaro SS M6

I have a client/friend who owns a Dodge dealership. And yes, I've dealt with those SRT-4s and with the SRT-8s and with the SRT-10 trucks. The SRT-4s are a joke. Way, way slower than me...a serious laugher after all the hype of telling me it would eat me up, etc. The SRT-8s are better, but still slower than my SS. And the SRT-10s did not even put up as much fight as the SRT-8s.

white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

Those srt-4's are very quick, dont have top end though. Several of my buddies had those and I raced them. We were nose to nose until I hit 3rd gear. For a 4 door 4 cylinder front wheel drive turbo car, that thing kicked some ass. Dont under estimate those things, especially if they are tricked out

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

look in the kill section

Red
    01 camaro ss

yea the srt-4's can be fast. they got a guy around here with a stage 3 and he ran like low 12's, high 11's.

nbm
    00SS

Thery are slow stock. I raced one stock vs stock u will win. I have a 00 vert SS even with the added weight I won. He was hagging for abit till I hit the pedal all the way.

Electron Blue
    2003 Z06

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    A guy I work with has a Dodge Neon SRT-4. I pulled up beside him on the interstate and tried to get him to race but he would not bite. Another guy at work swears that the guys Dodge will beat my stock 01 SS, a4. I am not sure what year his is but read some reviews and they say they will run around 99-101 mph in the quarter and limited @ 153 top end. Anybody raced one or have some input ???

Stock for stock you should win if you can drive. They trap anywhere from 99-103mph.

Stock they are comparable to an LT1, slightly faster from a roll. What kills their times is the FWD.

Watch out though, they are VERY easy to mod and respond to mods as well as a Supra. Which is why I bought one

You can get 260-300whp with bolt-ons (WGA, return-line, tune, etc). That's in a 2900lb car. You do the math

Pg2 has the quick facts, pg1 if you want to read a short summary of their road test:
    http://www.caranddriver.com/shortroa...t-4-page2.html

Rodzilla Tha Cavity Filla zero_proto's Avatar

teal
    99 Z28 with an SS complex

srt-4's can be very quick, just listen to the car, it is easy to tell if they are modded, they sounded pretty vicious. Becareful with them, because they can be very destructive. Still i win though.......so far. I know of a few srt-4's out here that can spank me.

pewter
    1999 camaro Z28

i got a chance to run one last summer but it was down town rapied city SD
    from a light was a hella run first geer then half way throught 2nd and my gf started yelling cant say i won cant say i lost nose to nose all the way he was smiling at me and gave me a thumbs up i noded and went on my way with my heart pounding in my chest I LOVE THAT FELLING.

Red
    2001 SS (M6) #4581

haha yeah that "feeling" is what drives us all i think. no drug in the world can touch that rush.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by ss_caramo View Post
    haha yeah that "feeling" is what drives us all i think. no drug in the world can touch that rush.
    there needs to be an aaa for speed addicts

Hugger Orange
    1999 Camaro SS

I have a stock 1999 SS and a buddy of mine has a SRT-4 and he has a fair amount of work done to it, including a 50 trim turbo (whatever that means). In the quarter I generally beat him by a car or two but then he added this turbo and I beat him even worse due to the lag of a larger turbo. From a roll he can hang with me but still doesn't compare to my Camaro.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

If they are not atleast modded to a stage 2 equivilent they are pokey. Stage 3 they go good.

black
    2000 camaro z28

if his car is stock there is no way he beats you! i raced one when my z28 was stock and it was my buddies and his srt was completely stock and hes a pretty good driver...by 50mph i started pulling away and it just got worse...but be careful a worked srt4 can be a serious sleeper

Black
    2005 GTO

I raced a stage one that my buddy owns. Not sure how much more hp that is over stock mabye 15-20 would be my guess. All I had at the time was a lid and catback. From a 60 roll I eat him alive he got the jump since I was in 3rd and did't downshift to 2nd by the top of 3rd I was flying by him like he was standing still. I could only imagine what I would have done to him if I started in 2nd.

He talked alot and I mean alot of smack before we raced always leaving little signs around work srt4>ls1 and stupid shit like that. I was very humble and did talk much smack just let the car do all the talking which it did plenty of that. He did't say to much afterwards other than admiting to getting beat pretty good. I did't rub it in to hard since other than he drives a srt-4 he's a pretty cool guy.

Thread Information