Pewter
    2000 Z28 SS

Anybody tested a Professional Typhoon intake?

Looking for any qualified tests and reviews of the Professional Products series of intakes. I'm considering the 96mm unit but would like to hear from tuners or shown some comparison charts. My 00 Z SS Has mild head work a Comp Cams Xr265 cam and LS7 lifters and comp cams trunion bearing upgrades. After installing the B&M 2400 stall speed to keep it a sleeper daily driver I'm thinking of using this intake with 42lb injectors and not letting the nitrous bosses go to waste with a mild shot of giggle gas. Need info since nothing but the description from the manufacturer is out there?

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Save your money and go with a LS6 intake.

LS7 lifters are now OEM replacement for all LS motors.

Comp Cams Xr265 cam - that's a really high/steep cam for a LS1. Those valve springs are going to need checking every 15-25k miles. TS&P MS3 & 4's aren't even as steep as that and you have to check the valve springs at that interval.

If you do change your cam, don't take it for granted that the push rods are the same length. Always measure, compcams sells a pushrod checker for $20. Also with most aftermarket cams Chrome-moly rods are just common sense to order, wait till you verify the length you need before ordering.

Budget for a tune session as well. Check around for tuners. Not all are good or know what LS motors like. I drove 3 hrs to get mine done because no one local had a good rep or were too new at tuning to chance it.

You might be close enough to Frost to take it to him. TunebyFrost.com
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 SS

I did measure my pushrods and got the Lunati pieces of the correct length As for the cam she is just a hair taller than factory LS6 at 551/558 and just a hair more duration at 212/216 but I ordered it custom to pull down the lobe CL to 114.5. I only needed to enlarge the TB blade air bleed to get my proper idle speed. I'm using GM BLUE springs so I'm basically just a LS6 fortified with LS7 parts. This was done during a rebuild that included King bearings/ Mahle pistons. The car runs awesome and it seems a little better breathing on both sides will be the best way to draw a bit more out of it

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

When I looked at the cam specs I saw 259/267. That's why I said that was a steep cam for LS1.

Thread Information