01 modded gtp

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I don't think its worth it but that is just me. I like to build my car up on a budget. I think with a little searching and some talks with our sponsors you can get the parts you need for less money

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Nope
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

01 modded gtp

The thing is when I am only 17 and I get the car I will not have alot of money to spend on mods. What could I do to the car for that price? Also does anyone know a good place in Mass to install the mods because I am a car newb and do not know how to do anything

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by EnjoiJoe View Post
    The thing is when I am only 17 and I get the car I will not have alot of money to spend on mods. What could I do to the car for that price? Also does anyone know a good place in Mass to install the mods because I am a car newb and do not know how to do anything
    well the first thing you can get is a lid, find one used save a few pennies put it on yourself very easy install.

For other things first off what tools do you have?

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    well the first thing you can get is a lid, find one used save a few pennies put it on yourself very easy install.

For other things first off what tools do you have?
    The thing is I have no tools

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

The thing is I have no tools
    well then,
    I personally think you should go and spend about $50 - $150 on some tools first to save your money in the long run. I would buy some metric sockets a ratchet, screwdriver set, cheap jack with stands, and buy as you need or even rent borrow.

The lid and the loudmouth exhaust should be things you can do yourself.

here do some reading on what you can do your self
    http://installuniversity.com/lsx/cam...documents.html

that should help you out. A shop charges about $75 an hour for labor. so I like to do most/all my own work to save money. Plus its FUN for me
    Last edited by 02Sweet; 05-11-2009 at 10:08 AM.

01 modded gtp

well then,
    I personally think you should go and spend about $50 - $150 on some tools first to save your money in the long run. I would buy some metric sockets a ratchet, screwdriver set, cheap jack with stands, and buy as you need or even rent borrow.

The lid and the loudmouth exhaust should be things you can do yourself.

here do some reading on what you can do your self
    http://installuniversity.com/lsx/cam...documents.html

that should help you out. A shop charges about $75 an hour for labor. so I like to do most/all my own work to save money. Plus its FUN for me
    I have a jack and stands are there any good sites to buy tools from? Also what is a good loadmouth exhaust system to buy???

P.S sorry to ask all of these questions, but I just want to learn as much as I can.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

I have a jack and stands are there any good sites to buy tools from? Also what is a good loadmouth exhaust system to buy???

P.S sorry to ask all of these questions, but I just want to learn as much as I can.
    http://kentucky-speed.com/slp-slp-ex...95c29e09618a8e
    that is the "loud mouth" exhaust

check out ls1sounds.com to figure out what "catback" exhaust sound you like.

For tools I just go to the local sears b/c if you break them they replace them for free no questions asked.

don't worry about all the questions you are better asking searching as long as you can before you spend money that way you can't waste it.

This is the install instructions for SLP's loud mouth exhaust. Its a catback system. Check out how to install it and if you think you can tackle the job you will save yourself some money.
    http://www.slponline.com/inst/31042A.pdf

so what other questions do you have?

01 modded gtp

http://kentucky-speed.com/slp-slp-ex...95c29e09618a8e
    that is the "loud mouth" exhaust

check out ls1sounds.com to figure out what "catback" exhaust sound you like.

For tools I just go to the local sears b/c if you break them they replace them for free no questions asked.

don't worry about all the questions you are better asking searching as long as you can before you spend money that way you can't waste it.

This is the install instructions for SLP's loud mouth exhaust. Its a catback system. Check out how to install it and if you think you can tackle the job you will save yourself some money.
    http://www.slponline.com/inst/31042A.pdf

so what other questions do you have?
    How much HP could a laod mouth and lid add

black
    02 vette vert

you may hate me for this [and probably others will too] but at 17, fairly new driver, know nothing at all about cars,dont you think you could start out with something a little less deadly than an LS1 car? or at least make sure you respect the potential of the machine, and totally understand the consequences of bad judgement and peer pressure. sorry if i sound like somebodies dad but i have my reasons for this message. if anyone wants to have a fit about what i said, feel free but i wont be responding or defending.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    you may hate me for this [and probably others will too] but at 17, fairly new driver, know nothing at all about cars,dont you think you could start out with something a little less deadly than an LS1 car? or at least make sure you respect the potential of the machine, and totally understand the consequences of bad judgement and peer pressure. sorry if i sound like somebodies dad but i have my reasons for this message. if anyone wants to have a fit about what i said, feel free but i wont be responding or defending.
    I can say I partly agree with you. But on the other note its somewhat normal for young kids to have these cars. I am fairly young by most standards. I was 24 when I bought my camaro and I am 26 now. But look at the age for sti, evo, etc.. drivers, they are mostly "younger" drivers. Now back to the fbodies, I just hope they can respect the "potential of the machine" like dklow put it. A higher powered rear wheel drive car is a different animal of a car. But for enjoi he did by a VERY hard car to do big mods to. I believe my 02 Z is by far the most difficult car to "work" on then every other car. The tight spaces and lack of a lift make this car a pain in the ass compared to the "older" muscle I am used to. So learning on a fbody 4th gen is a large task

01 modded gtp

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    The only mods I am going to do are exhaust lid and rims if your consider rims a mod.

Black
    98 Z28

If your looking for tools the advice about going to sears was very good. Just to clarify though you have to get craftsmans from them to let you just walk in and swap your broken tools. Companions cost less and are made by craftsman but they dont have the same warranty or durability as the craftsmans. In the long run spending the money now on craftsmans will save you alot down the line.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

The only mods I am going to do are exhaust lid and rims if your consider rims a mod.
    Then I would just go with in the budget on the exhaust and lid and call it a day

01 modded gtp

Then I would just go with in the budget on the exhaust and lid and call it a day
    I think that is what I am going to do until I A.Get more money and B.Get used to the power. Also thanks for the help

I did all the "FREE" mods I could first from Install University..Great site!
    My car responded VERY well to them. Do all those first then do alot of research and keep upgrading it as time and money allows. That's my .02 worth

Psycho Therapist
    I take "the" out of

Slp sucks

If you are just going for the sound of the exhaust, then I would recomend a Power stick muffler. Mostly like a slp loudmouth, but alot cheaper. I bought one three years ago for my 86 camaro I was rebuilding, and then bought a 2000 trans am and put it on that. Nice tone to it, and it welds right in. the price range is around 60 and the install was around 30. If you google powersticks, and run across a company called chambered exhaust, then you will be on the right track.

Thread Information