02 Z28

98-02 maro headlights.

ok. everytime i turn my lights on, then turn the highbeams on, my low beams and fogs turns off. is there anyway for me to have all the bulbs on (low beams, high beams, fogs) all at the same time?

another question, my Z still have auto headlights. like, i will drive around and when it gets barely dark the lights will come on. im talking about its just sunset. freakin lights already turns on by itself. since i just ordered my hids online, is there anyway to disable automatic headlights?

*thanks in advance...

SOM
    2002 SS

Quote Originally Posted by vonskee-z28 View Post
    ok. everytime i turn my lights on, then turn the highbeams on, my low beams and fogs turns off. is there anyway for me to have all the bulbs on (low beams, high beams, fogs) all at the same time?

another question, my Z still have auto headlights. like, i will drive around and when it gets barely dark the lights will come on. im talking about its just sunset. freakin lights already turns on by itself. since i just ordered my hids online, is there anyway to disable automatic headlights?

*thanks in advance...
    Almost all cars switch to low/high only. If they are all on you will tax the charging system big time as it will drain a ton of power. Might even overheat the wiring to the bulbs.

black / black
    '91 Z28 / '10 SS

Do a search. I found the write up somewhere here!

The Firebird has the high/low beam from the factory. In the Camaro you have to connect two wires under the dash. The size of the wires should be the same as in the Bird so no problems with damaging something.

For the Foglights mod you have to cut some wire in the enginebay.

ok, found it on LS1tech: http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/stereo...same-time.html
    Last edited by swisscheese; 01-18-2010 at 06:57 AM.

Junior Member jason_a_marzewski's Avatar

BRIGHT RALLY RED
    2002 CAMARO Z28RS

I'm very pleased with the "six-shot" setup I have, which have I run successfully without system failure or retaliation from on-coming traffic, for the last six years.

Using two wiring harness packages, which I purchased from JC Whitney for $24.99 each, I am able to operate my high-beams, low-beams, and fog lights all at the same time when I activate my high-beam switch. I have HID bulbs in all six lamps: 4000k in the high- and low-beams, and 3000K in my fog lights. As the HIDs draw less current and produce less heat than incandescent bulbs, I haven't had to worry about heat buildup melting the headlight lenses, frying the wiring, or alternator failure as could happen with using this number of incandescent bulbs for prolonged periods of time. However, as all HID ballasts require a substantial amount of initial current to ignite the bulbs, unless you have a deep-cycle battery and/or heavy duty alternator, I don't recommend constantly switching between high- and low-beams without allowing a few minutes of time between switches for your battery to recharge. (I have an OPTIMA Yellowtop deep-cycle battery, so this isn't a problem for me.)

However, I don't recommend that someone complete this modification unless they are prepared to treat other drivers with respect and never use this combination in on-coming traffic. The "six-shot" system should only be used to illuminate deserted roads when there are no cars immediately in front of or coming toward you. (I only use my "six-shot" system on back county roads, where I need maximum light to ensure that I can see nocturnal creatures when they cross the road and road kill that could potentially knock the ground effects off of my car.)

The kits I bought can be found at JCWhitney.com at this page location:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/SIMULTANEOUS_HIGH_LOW_BEAM-ON_KIT?ID=12;0;0;0;100001;ProductName;0;0;0;0;2003 365;0;0

Good luck with your installation!

Artic White
    2002 Camaro SS

This link has some useful info on disabling the auto headlights.
    http://xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html
    2002 Artic White SS 35th Wheels|Full Hotchkis Suspension|Koni SA|Magnaflow CME|SLP lid|www.fquick.com/The_Guz

02 Z28

thanks fellas. yeah, me and homeboys like to cruise alot. backroads most of the time and its mostly at night too. decided, since im always in front might as well have all lights on.. i have the single halo ring headlight, you think having all on for a while would do any damage to anything?

Thread Information