Thread: 87 camaro help

87 camaro help

Well 1987 camaro v6 fuel injected last time it ran thier was a small fire but a famer changed a fuel filter incorrectly and fuel got fire on the exhaust my question is that is it possible that all the electrical is not killed, obviously needs some fuels lines, but could most of the electrical be in a safe form.

The car is partly buried in snow so I couldn't take a good look from what i could see looks like damage was surface but never know whats underneath.

It's also sat for two years since the fire so anyother suggestions to help get it running it's an hour drive so i just want to get it running drive it home and start fixing it up.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

How much are you paying for this car?

500 canadian dollars

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

I sold a high mileage (212,xxx), running just fine V8 89 RS that I had for $1,000.

Probably could've gotten more but it was sold to a friends son so I gave him a deal.

lol this one is a random one in a farmers field just gonne beat the shit out of it till the engine blows than drop in a 350 probably

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by mroth2008 View Post
    It's also sat for two years since the fire so anyother suggestions to help get it running it's an hour drive so i just want to get it running drive it home and start fixing it up.
    2.8L I'd say it's possible it's ok. However I'd still plan for there to be damage.
    Wire insullation dont take much heat before it melts away then you may have exposed wires everywhere. I think you'd be better off towing it.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

lol this one is a random one in a farmers field just gonne beat the shit out of it till the engine blows than drop in a 350 probably
    To convert from a 2.8L v6 to a 5.7L v8 is heck of a lot of work. You talkin' almost a ground up change over. Cross member, suspention, rack, rear end, just to name a few. But if you think it's worth it I'd strip it to bones and start over. Good project if you like the work involved I say go for it. Dont forget to post project pics.

ohhh I will when I get started I already got 300horse 350 sitting in the back of my garage and another one from from 87 1/2ton plus 283 turbofire 220hp(with two barrel), got the engines no space in garage thou dam peoples 57 mercury f:100. Than they want to do 64 fleetside 1/2 ton they can do that one, 12 bolt posi 283 turbo350.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    To convert from a 2.8L v6 to a 5.7L v8 is heck of a lot of work. You talkin' almost a ground up change over. Cross member, suspention, rack, rear end, just to name a few. But if you think it's worth it I'd strip it to bones and start over. Good project if you like the work involved I say go for it. Dont forget to post project pics.
    All that is needed is different motor mounts. To the op if this is what you have planned then it might work. You have to see how much got burned. Check all the wiring including behind the dash. Put in a battery and make sure everything works. If you have to start chasing electical shorts it might not be worth your time.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    All that is needed is different motor mounts. To the op if this is what you have planned then it might work. You have to see how much got burned. Check all the wiring including behind the dash. Put in a battery and make sure everything works. If you have to start chasing electical shorts it might not be worth your time.
    I had an 89 sixcyl and the 92 25th with 350 there was not anything there on the 89 that would support a v8s weight or power. But if you think it will work give it a try. My v6 had a different cross member too. Had a rack for a six not an eight too.

well I don't mind lots of work I enjoy it it's going to be a daily driver for awhile and elcectrical shorts are the big of deal to me and yes I'm going to check everything getting all my stuff ready for when i go to grab it and waiting for when I have a day off work going to be at least a week before I can go do this so I got lots of time hopefully next weekend thanks for all the tips nothing reali i didn't imagine.

Why must I love projects

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Thumbs up

well I don't mind lots of work I enjoy it it's going to be a daily driver for awhile and elcectrical shorts are the big of deal to me and yes I'm going to check everything getting all my stuff ready for when i go to grab it and waiting for when I have a day off work going to be at least a week before I can go do this so I got lots of time hopefully next weekend thanks for all the tips nothing reali i didn't imagine.

Why must I love projects
    Cause a good project makes it yours and only yours. It can become personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Smittro View Post
    Cause a good project makes it yours and only yours. It can become personal.
    true very true

so tomorrow I go get the car well try to get it running if it dosn't run going to get it towed home 60 mile drive thats how I'm spending my second day off

Thread Information