Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Red face 50 year old chevy virgin needs help.

I have been a Mopar man all of my life ever since I saw that brand new Superbird on the dealers lot in Caldwell, NJ in 1971 when my father took me to pick up his 1971 Plymouth Fury II. It had a 383 4bbl and an auto trans. I loved it when dad had to " blow the carbon out of the engine " when he put his foot to the floor.
    Well, over the years I have owned Hemi's, 6 pak's, Magnums, Comando's, Scat Pack's and R/T's and it always ends up the same. I have to work on them every weekend and spare minute I have. You do not own a Mopar and just get in and drive. You always have to fix or adjust something first. Well, now its different.
    I just bought a Sebring Silver 2002 35th Camaro SS with SLP parts and only 29k on the clock. It is a 6 speed and it has the following SLP parts. Headers, 3" center exit exhaust, Air box with K&N filter, MAF and smooth bellows and strut tower brace. I was told it has the Koni shocks as well, they are red but I did not see a name on them. Well, I have put 200 miles on it so far and it seems fast enough. I have read it should do 13.2 @ 108 as it sits. I want a little more. I am thinking about sending the PCM to Frost for a reprogram. Do you think this will get me into the low to mid 12's ? I do not want to go too crazy but I just love to grab a Mustang every now and then. My Mopars always loved a good Stang, I'm sure Camaro's like them also.
    Please let me know if anyone out there can help me get to my goal. I am getting spolied just getting in my Camaro adn going for a drive with clean hands, no more Mopar mechanics, Just enjoyment. I should have done this 35 years ago. Thanks for your help, Keith.

Black
    2002 Trans am WS6 pkg

You should be just fine as it is with stangs, id put a mild cam in it and thatll hit the 12's or just practice on launch. There are many different approaches you can take to hit what u want. Just depends on how much you want. Oh and welcome to the dark side!!!

Frost is an excellent tuner, and his mail order tunes are the cheapest out there I've seen for the work he does.
    It will definately make your car run better, but whether it gets you in the 12's is tough to answer. You could always base line the car first and see where you are at.
    There are "cam only" cars out there in the 11's that aren't that radical and street driven. 12's are pretty easy to do in these cars without much work at all.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

Welcome to the land of f-body modding.
    These cars can take mustangs stock if you launch good. Give it a shot and you won't be disapointed.

Silver & Blue
    02 Camaro SS, 04 GTO

Thanks

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to stay out of the engine until I have to go in. It has only 29k and has been on Mobil 1 since birth so I am going to try everything I can before surgery. I am sending the PCM to Frost this week and I hope that will do it. I took the Maro out for a walk this weekend and was just minding my own business when I heard a buzzing sound like I had blown a speaker or something. I turned down the radio and found the noise coming from my 6. A late model, electric blue Subaru WRX with two guys about my son's age. I did nothing at first but they kept playing with me so I felt it was time to see what the car really has. I dropped a gear, put my foot to the floor and watched the rice box get smaller and smaller in the rearview mirror. I did not know it but I was doing 130 before I let off. I just got so caught up in the torque, it was like a high I have not had since my Hemi days except this car has fantastic brakes, WOW. I hit the whooo pedal and this thing was at 60 before I knew what was going on. I did not know what this car was able to do in a pinch but with more driving I will soon find out.
    I will let everyone know how the Frost tune works our, I am going to the track in a couple of weeks to a test and tune night to see what it will run. Thanks again for all of your help.
    ps. Does anyone know how to post a picture of my car with my name ?

Thread Information