Thread: 2002 Z28

98 Z28 M6

2002 Z28

hey, im going to look at a 2002 Z28 M6 with 83k miles. asking $12600? seem fair? also anything i should check beside the basic stuff?

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

lot of miles for a ohio z28....so im assuming it has winters on it.....more details...what color is it? how good of shape is it in? any mods? clean title? aftermarket wheels?

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by biga0206 View Post
    hey, im going to look at a 2002 Z28 M6 with 83k miles. asking $12600? seem fair? also anything i should check beside the basic stuff?
    check www.nada.com or www.kellybluebook.com and see what it retails for

pewter

check the clutch/ and the tranny make sure it shifts smooth in every gear with NO grinding in any gears........real commment prob in 6 speed fbodys ...make sure the clutch pedel feels firm to and engagues properly

98 Z28 M6

i did kbb but i just wanted to see what everyone else had to say.

here is what he says about it

2002 Camaro Z-28 - Black w/Charcoal leather.

Leather
    T-tops
    Power locks
    Power seat
    Power windows
    Rear defrost
    Factory power steering cooler
    Tilt
    Cruise
    6 speed
    Monsoon w/in dash CD and 12 disc changer
    Traction control
    Keyless entry/alarm
    T-top shade inserts
    83,000 miles (5k oil changes with Mobile 1)
    Transmission and rear axle fluids have been serviced as well (a couple times).

....loaded (everything but SS and automatic)

Plus, it has the following:

Centerforce Dual Friction clutch (done 1 year ago/10k or so ago)
    Fidanza Aluminum Flywheel (done with the clutch, actually, the clutch was done with it)
    Welded SLP SFC's
    Graphite color 10 spoke SS rims
    K&N filter
    GM performance parts extended wheel studs installed on all corners
    There is no rear seat in the car, but I can get a set of the correct leather seats if someone wants them.
    Front grille has been removed and an SLP tag bracket installed.

The only mechanical negative is that the rear end has a noisy bearing in it. It's not getting any worse and has been that way for a while now. I just haven't taken the time to change the bearings out.

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Why no seat? Why sub frame conn?
    If you can't do the rear thats going to cost a FEW hundred, The rear has already been apart twice it sounds like? Sounds like there is a good chance this has been beat upon.
    I personally would look for something less messed with,
    they are still out there,if your not in a hurry you could find a much better deal.
    some examples: for sale now in my area
    .01 "SS" red 6 spd t-tops 42k mi. 1 owner mint car, Totally unmolested, never driven in winter, + babied i drove it. was asking 15000,drpped to 13000 couldn't sell it all summer + into the fall,+ got desperate, + i think $12k could buy the car now if it hasn't sold.
    .Flawless 01 red Z/28 auto,loaded,29k mi,totally stock,
    owned by 60 year old couple, cleanest i've seen,just sold for $9000.
    .01 "SS" red, auto, 86K mi.Center exaust,SLP intake, Mats, etc.((Wants $10,000 payoff)).It's on auto trader .com for $10900
    .01 "SS" black 6-spd Borla exaust,the add says, excellent shape,$10K
    At least the 1st 2 cars i know are "MINT" + unmolested. (i drove both),+ Low Miles + 1 is An SS.
    $12600 for a non SS car with 83 k mi needing interior work + rearend work + has the sound of maybe being an abused car, is too much,And I'd be willing to bet when you get there you will find more wrong with the car then the ad says, I would at least have him fix the rear, + have him get the seats he's talking about,+ why is the grill removed? He's asking way too much for a car with so many issues to be dealt with after you buy it.
    I would keep looking. Too many nice ones out there to mess with a questionable one, thats not priced right.

pewter

sounds like some good deals out by u mystic...that 01 z with 29k for 9k is a steal and a half

mystic teal metallic
    1998 Z/28

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    sounds like some good deals out by u mystic...that 01 z with 29k for 9k is a steal and a half
    Yaeh, the car was gorgeous, It was close to the one i own now,so i looked at both the same day,
    but as soon as i saw the Mystic color + the tan int,there was no question which was coming home, + mine was less money.That red one actually just sold , a couple of nights ago,I saw it driving thru town, so i called the seller + he said he sold it that morning,quite a coincidence they both ended up in my town because, they both came out of NH, about 75 miles away from here. That low mile ss is a good deal too, I should see if he still has it. I'll bet if he does it can be had real cheap by now.He wanted to but a house + wanted rid of the payments.
    Moral of the story: Shop around ,especially this time of year.I would try auto trader .com + you canpunch in local cars like 25 mi.- 200 mi. radious from your zip code. Good Luck! The search for the right one is half the fun.

98 Z28 M6

yea thats what i was thinking. that is a lot of miles, i understand its an ls1 and they are god, but for what i wanna do in the feature i dont know how long it would last. i might take a look at it but still keep searching.

Thread Information