Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2002 camaro ss

2002 LS1 Police Interceptor

There's a 2002 Camaro for sale that's got the police package. It's quite cheap, and I have done some research and found nothing on the car. Does anyone have any info on these vehicles?

Pewter
    2000 Camaro ss

I think only fords are police interceptors, try looking up b4c package

Black
    2002 camaro ss

Sorry, you are right, they screwed up on the ad and I just didn't catch it. It is the B4C, EX F.H.P., whatever that means. I haven't found anything on it, and this is all the information the seller has on the car.

Black
    2001 Camaro

B4C = RS looks and Z28 drivetrain
    Probaly x Florida Highway Patrol

red
    1999 transam

there nothing diffence from what you have just hoses and highoutput alt.

white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

wikipedia says...

B4C
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1992 Chevrolet Camaro B4C used by California Highway Patrol

2001 Chevrolet Camaro B4C used by Florida Highway Patrol

B4C is Chevrolet's Special Equipment Options (SEO) code for a "Special Service" police package Camaro. The B4C package has heavier-duty (HD) features over a non-police vehicle as well as some options specific to the installation of police equipment. The Chevrolet Camaro B4C option has been available since 1991 when it was introduced. Some other Chevrolet vehicle models are designated by another SEO code, known as 9C1 for the Caprice, Tahoe, and Nova Police vehicles.

HD features include oversized front and rear sway bars; high-output alternator; larger (in years after 1991) four-wheel disc brakes; separate engine, power steering and transmission oil coolers; certified 145 MPH speedometer. Most of the heavier duty option parts come from a combination of parts from both the regular Z28 and the racing and handling package of the special 1LE option list.

Along with the demise of the Camaro and Firebird, the B4C option was produced until 2002, when it died with them.

Millennium Yellow
    '02 Corvette

Quote Originally Posted by conny9784 View Post
    B4C
    From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1992 Chevrolet Camaro B4C used by California Highway Patrol

2001 Chevrolet Camaro B4C used by Florida Highway Patrol

B4C is Chevrolet's Special Equipment Options (SEO) code for a "Special Service" police package Camaro. The B4C package has heavier-duty (HD) features over a non-police vehicle as well as some options specific to the installation of police equipment. The Chevrolet Camaro B4C option has been available since 1991 when it was introduced. Some other Chevrolet vehicle models are designated by another SEO code, known as 9C1 for the Caprice, Tahoe, and Nova Police vehicles.

HD features include oversized front and rear sway bars; high-output alternator; larger (in years after 1991) four-wheel disc brakes; separate engine, power steering and transmission oil coolers; certified 145 MPH speedometer. Most of the heavier duty option parts come from a combination of parts from both the regular Z28 and the racing and handling package of the special 1LE option list.

Along with the demise of the Camaro and Firebird, the B4C option was produced until 2002, when it died with them.

FHP=Florida Highway Patrol I would check it over if possible. They usually have 100k+ miles on them before they stop using them.

Black
    2002 camaro ss

Thanks guys. Yes, it has 101k miles (160 km here in Canada) and I am purchasing it tomorrow. Will post some pics...

Le Mans Blue
    2004 Z16

I saw a few of those FHP Z28s while I was stationed in Jacksonville. One of the officers would bring it to some of the local car show/gatherings. Nothing really special about it asides from heavy-duty cooling and alternator...

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

cops beat the living shit outta performance patrol cars like those or the new chargers. i wouldnt buy a used one that had any history of police use.

Black
    2001 Camaro

I have a 2001 A4 b4c and I understand it was rann hard but with the one I found only 2 peolpe drove in the field and I got all the service records with it, which could be fake but I think they are legit. I know car has been 150 plus quite a few times and what lets go, I didn't like everything but for the money I felt mine was a good deal. I would have normaly agreed to never buy a cop car but some aren't to bad some are. Anyone thinking of getting a b4c is not getting it to have a nice SS. I have given car little tlc and driven it and can't complain.

Black
    2005 GTO

I really wish the fhp would sell some of the ones they have sitting around at the local fhp station down the road from me. They don't even use them they just sit there. I would love to snatch one up if they were a decent price. I talked with a fhp guy a few years back about them and he said most the guys hate them because there no room in them plus they can't carry anyone in them they have to call for another car if they arrest anyone. The 3 fhp guys that cover my area are huge guys like 6'5+ and well built so I could see them haveing alittle trouble fitting comfortable in them.

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

Quote Originally Posted by Ripper415 View Post
    cops beat the living shit outta performance patrol cars like those or the new chargers. i wouldnt buy a used one that had any history of police use.
    And other camaros don't get beat? I'm pretty sure I drive mine harder than cops do. And from the stuff I've read on here, other people do too.
    JIGGER RACIN'
    2000 Camaro SS, vert., auto., LS6 intake manifold, SLP lid, K&N filter, SLP LoudMouth II, C5 Z06 replica 17x9.5 rims
    1/4 mile time = 13.310 sec. @ 105.22 mph, 2.051 60'

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2939958

http://i158.photobucket.com/albums/t...amarolaeft.jpg

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

yeah some people abuse their cars and race them all day long, etc but many others like me prefer to take it easy on the cars. i mean nothing is more thrilling then lighting up the tires at a red light and zooming off redlining the tach but if you continue to do that stuff a lot it WILL break the car. why do you think these cars are worth more stock then modded? its because the average person would prefer to buy a car they knew was treated well, and modding usually means people would abuse it. think about auto auctions you see on tv, its always the stock, original parts, low mile, garage queen cars that go for the big $. if you wanna beat on your car all day and enjoy yourself that way by all means go ahead, you bought it and can do whatever. but i also consider my car an investment and will (hopefully) get more than i paid for it when i sell it many years from now.

white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

yeah some people abuse their cars and race them all day long, etc but many others like me prefer to take it easy on the cars. i mean nothing is more thrilling then lighting up the tires at a red light and zooming off redlining the tach but if you continue to do that stuff a lot it WILL break the car. why do you think these cars are worth more stock then modded? its because the average person would prefer to buy a car they knew was treated well, and modding usually means people would abuse it. think about auto auctions you see on tv, its always the stock, original parts, low mile, garage queen cars that go for the big $. if you wanna beat on your car all day and enjoy yourself that way by all means go ahead, you bought it and can do whatever. but i also consider my car an investment and will (hopefully) get more than i paid for it when i sell it many years from now.
    PREACH ON BROTHER! ive said this same thing to my friends who beat the shit outta their cars for years and now whos laughin..

I have a need for speed! jigger1166's Avatar

Artic White
    00 SS Vert.

And those cars deserve to get a higher price.
    But I wouldn't say that the police Camaros get "the livin shit beat out of them". Once in a while they may get a high speed pursuit. But that's what the Camaros are on the force for, patroling the highways. They aren't regular cop cars, on the city streets, in "stop and go" traffic, like our cars are. I wouldn't be affraid to buy one.

white/yellow
    96/2010 camaro ss

Quote Originally Posted by jigger1166 View Post
    And those cars deserve to get a higher price.
    But I wouldn't say that the police Camaros get "the livin shit beat out of them". Once in a while they may get a high speed pursuit. But that's what the Camaros are on the force for, patroling the highways. They aren't regular cop cars, on the city streets, in "stop and go" traffic, like our cars are. I wouldn't be affraid to buy one.
    i work at a police dept and let me tell you, cops beat the piss out of their squads. especially if its a performance car. their answer: "who cares, i dont have to pay for the car or the gas". ive never seen cars get driven so hard for so long.

Impulse Blue
    2006 GTO

I know I'd drive the shit outta one if I were the cop....

Navy Blue Metallic
    2001 camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by tyxpx View Post
    I know I'd drive the shit outta one if I were the cop....
    One of the local cops I know got a new Magnum and before the paper tag was out of date, he had it to 140mph. But he still will not race me. I don't think its ready for its first oil change yet.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    SS #2988, A4, Navy Blue Metalic, 335HP Dual Dual Exhaust, Chrome 10 spokes, Floor mats, Dash plaque, and SS Grille
    Best ET 13.08 @ 106.1, 2.00 60', with SLP lid

Pewter
    2002 Camaro SS

yea i worked as park security a while back as like a shitty summer job (not that bad actually, got $10/hr to sit under a tree in the beautiful summer weather and read the newspaper) and cops would come in and talk to me and my partner about stuff and then as they were leaving they would like try and do burnouts in their automatic crown vic squad cars lol

Thread Information