Thread: 2002 Camaro SS

2002 Camaro SS

Guys can you tell if this car is a SS or a z28?

I called him and he said is ss. The car has 48,000 miles

It has a SALVAGE title. As you can see it was hit from the back and the bumper needs to be fixed. Also needs a clutch.

I have seen lots of Camaro ss and 2002 is a 35th. Also i can't see the badge on top of the stereo. Also do all the ss come with leather? This one is cloth.

How much to install a clutch? Parts+Labor for something that can hold around 450hp.

If the car checks out to be good and no big problems is it a good deal?

http://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/1211987558.html
    Last edited by Koskesh; 06-09-2009 at 01:02 PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

I wouldn't touch a salvage title with a 10-foot pole attached to a 100 foot crane, but that's just me. You never know what kind of weird problems you'll come up with, some that are very hard and expensive to fix. For example, if the frame is bent in any way, any aftermarket suspension parts you buy may not fit correctly. If it was hit from the rear, your rear end could have damage that you wouldn't know about just looking at it. So many variables with salvage titles.....there are better deals out there man, with the money you would be spending on the clutch + buying the car, you could put a good chunk of change down on a NICE SS with low miles, that already has the LS7 or Spec 3+ clutch installed....just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I wouldn't touch a salvage title with a 10-foot pole attached to a 100 foot crane, but that's just me. You never know what kind of weird problems you'll come up with, some that are very hard and expensive to fix. For example, if the frame is bent in any way, any aftermarket suspension parts you buy may not fit correctly. If it was hit from the rear, your rear end could have damage that you wouldn't know about just looking at it. So many variables with salvage titles.....there are better deals out there man, with the money you would be spending on the clutch + buying the car, you could put a good chunk of change down on a NICE SS with low miles, that already has the LS7 or Spec 3+ clutch installed....just my opinion.
    The thing is i have a 2006 STI as a DD. BUt i always wanted a camaro ss. I cant get no more loan do to having a current one now.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by Koskesh View Post
    The thing is i have a 2006 STI as a DD. BUt i always wanted a camaro ss. I cant get no more loan do to having a current one now.
    In that case I would still not put the last of your allowed car credit line on a car that could very well be a lemon....that craigslisting is VERY vague. I would at LEAST take it for a very very long drive, and squeeze as much information as you can out of the seller before diving in, and that's only if your desperate to own an SS Camaro...if not I would look into a Z28, you could probably find a decent one without a salvage title in that price range...

black
    02 vette vert

im not sure i see the damage on the rear. maybe im thinking glare or reflections but its really paint damage. for an 02 ss to be totaled, and end up with a salvage title there should have to be a lot more damage than that. somethings funny here. kbb is around 12-13k on that car. and it has ss badges, hood and spoiler but it has 16" z-28 wheels.

pewter
    2001 z28 lingenfelter 383

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    im not sure i see the damage on the rear. maybe im thinking glare or reflections but its really paint damage. for an 02 ss to be totaled, and end up with a salvage title there should have to be a lot more damage than that. somethings funny here. kbb is around 12-13k on that car. and it has ss badges, hood and spoiler but it has 16" z-28 wheels.
    good look!! didnt notice the wheels till u said somthing........take it for a ride!!! dosnt hurt

Arctic White
    1999 Trans Am A4

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    I wouldn't touch a salvage title with a 10-foot pole attached to a 100 foot crane
    hah, that's funny.

i'm not sure if SS's came with cloth. 23,559 - 2002 camaros came with leather seats, and that's way more than SS's made that year. the rims look more like ZR1 rims, but idk. the guy has a license plate on it, so that might help you find the car through the DMV...if that's possible.

black
    02 vette vert

Quote Originally Posted by tonyjnjz View Post
    good look!! didnt notice the wheels till u said somthing........take it for a ride!!! dosnt hurt
    true. any of us can spout all the advice we want, but were not looking at the real car, just pictures. still have a problem with that salvage thing though. and the right front wheel is the clearest angle, ill bet the 4 that i have in the basement thats a 16" z-28 wheel.
    Last edited by dklowrider; 06-09-2009 at 03:31 PM.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by dklowrider View Post
    true. any of us can spout all the advice we want, but were not looking at the real car, just pictures. still have a problem with that salvage thing though. and the right front wheel is the clearest angle, ill bet the 4 that i have in the basement thats a 16" z-28 wheel.
    I was debating that one myself, I couldn't get a good enough look, and the rear badges don't look like mine, or anyone elses I've ever seen...they look white, even the bowtie looks white....

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wink

I have an 01 v6, and I have that exact interior. Judging from what I can make out from the pics, it looks like it has misaligned body panels everywhere, yeah could even be body damage or panels from a couple cars. I'd look it over very very closely. 47k @ $4700.00 was my first red flag on it though.
    Last edited by Smittro; 06-09-2009 at 06:09 PM.
    :\Users\Steven\Pictures\d6ftg5nh.gif

Suggestion: If you are particularly irritated by another member's posting habits and are constantly fighting the urge to flame them, you can click on that person's profile, and select "Add to ignore list." This will make that person's posts invisible to you.

Black
    98 Z28

The spoilers pillars seem to be a bit boxy, maby its aftermarket, or it could be the angle. Also get the vin and call SLP to see if its a real SS.

thanks guys. I aint buying it.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

The post was deleted by the author-how much did they want?

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    The post was deleted by the author-how much did they want?
    $4700

None

Good Plan... something was wrong on that deal!!!
    The rims, seats and badging do not add up to a true SS.

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 Z28 Hardtop

the leather seats don't make it not an SS.
    leather was an option on all trim levels.
    The wheels are definately not SS. they came standard with 17s.

Thread Information