Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro SS

2000 SS salvage value

is there anyway to tell the salvage values of my wifes 2000 SS camaro, ins wants to give me 6800 for it, but Iam think I might buy it back, but they have to have it inspected again for a buy back price.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Do some math: Add the price to fix the car (parts and labor) to the buy back price and see if the sum exceeds the fair market value of the car in unwrecked condition. You also have to consider that as a wrecked car it will now have a lower value even when fixed.

Anytime I've ever dealt with this the insurance already has the prices figured and told me what they'll give and what I can buy it back for, they have never had to come back out and re-evaluate.

Usually from what I've had experience with it's a couple thousand difference. If they offered you 6800, they may come back and say we'll give you 4500 and you can keep the car.

This is just a guess because I don't know who you are dealing with but that's how it's worked with the insurance I've dealt with.

From there I take the difference and figure if there is that much money in parts in the car and make a decision on whether I'd want to keep it to strip or not.

Once they are totaled I never have much interest in fixing them, they'll always have that salvage title attached to it and they are nearly impossible to sell like that later down the road. Most of them, if wacked hard enough, never seem to really drive the same either.

Still plenty of good ones out there forsale. Either strip it, or let insurance have it and go find another one.
    Last edited by Firebirdjones; 07-22-2015 at 06:31 PM.

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro SS

I am more thinking of using the drive train in a 66 biscayne or 73 vette

guess I have wait and see what state farm wants for it and go from there

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Hard to tell from the picts, but it doesn't SEEM to be that much wrong with it. Bent control arm, strut, knuckle, and a few misc parts. I hate to throw any car away, but it really depends on how much damage has been done to it. Sure you could use the drivetrain for another vehicle, then sell off the rest of the car and make some pretty decent cash doing that also. Sometimes you can make some BIG money stripping and parting out the car.
    1998 Pontiac TA, stock heads, FAST 90, FAST 90 TB, FLP LT, off road y-pipe with cat delete, flow master muffler, comp cams 54-457-11 223/231-610/617-112 LSA, Pro charger D1SC with FMIC @ 8psi, FROST tune, VIG 3200 stall, built 4l60e, snow meth kit, MOSER 12 bolt 373 gears, Derale 13900 trans cooler.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

I'm with FBJ, I'd strip it and sell what I can OR find a V6 roller and swap over.

Parts Value:
    LS1 (in stock, fair condition) - $1000
    Transmission - $1000
    The ecm and wire harness (to replace is doing a swap) - $800 for the harness and $300< for the ECM
    LS K member (if it's not damaged) $250< I've seen them going as high as $400. You need this if you're doing a LT1/V6 to LS swap.
    Interior (if in good condition ) Front Seats - $300, Rear $50ish, The plastic - $200, Center console $75ish.
    T-tops - $150 a piece.
    Tail Lights - $75-150 (Depending on condition)

Your time to strip parts off and sell..

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro SS

well I was quite surprised to get a call this afternoon from statefarm, and again when they told me I could buy the car back for 500 bucks, needless to say I bought it back, the engine runs great even though it has 150k on it, trans was just rebuilt in april with vette servos and tighten up(neck breaker if on it) just had put new calipers on the front and have new quad CME to go on the stainless steel loud mouth. so its well worth the 500.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Wow! I am impressed they let it go for that.

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Good deal for sure.

Now, rebuild candidate? Or a part-out candidate? What are the plans?
    2000 Trans Am WS.6 M6

SLP lid & bellow w/ K&N, GMMG catback w/ Corsa Clones, UMI SFC, UMI Adj. Panhard, UMI Adj. TQ arm w/ relocation kit, QTP Longtube headers ORY, LS6 intake, EGR/A.I.R delete.
    Eibach prokit, Bilstein HDs, Nitto NT555s, skip shift elim, whiteface overlays, 20% tint, matte black decal/overlays
    YouTube.com/DarrenWS6

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro SS

really thinking LS1 in the 73 vette

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by RONS98TA View Post
    Hard to tell from the picts, but it doesn't SEEM to be that much wrong with it. Bent control arm, strut, knuckle, and a few misc parts. I hate to throw any car away, but it really depends on how much damage has been done to it. Sure you could use the drivetrain for another vehicle, then sell off the rest of the car and make some pretty decent cash doing that also. Sometimes you can make some BIG money stripping and parting out the car.
    I'm with Ron. What did happen to the Camaro?

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Other than figuring out the cross member for the transmission, dropping the LS1 into a C3 shouldn't be too bad a deal. We have a '74 in our stable and although it was never my favorite car to wrench on, it is a neat car to drive.

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro SS

wife fell asleep, ran off road and down the ditch running along side the road until she hit a culvert pipe and did a General Lee impersonation for about 55 feet and landing back in the ditch,both air bags deployed. wife fractured her back in 2 places. but is most upset about losing her SS

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

Ouch! Sorry to hear that she was injured.

Silver
    '02 Trans Am WS-6, 6M

Quote Originally Posted by pajeff02 View Post
    Ouch! Sorry to hear that she was injured.
    I hope your wife has a speedy and full recovery.

Is the damage is mostly suspension and airbag damage?

Navy Blue Metallic

2000 SS salvage value

wow she's lucky...
    http://www.ls1.com/forums/f7/my-6-liter-build-174257/

http://www.ls1.com/forums/f8/my-8-8-rear-build-165553/

6.0L Block - Forged 403ci , Polluter Stg3 Cam, FAST 102mm Intake, NW102 TB, MSD wires, NGK TR6 plugs, Truck Coil Packs, LS3 Fuel Injectors, CC Pacesetter LT Headers, TS&P ORY, QTP e-Cutout, Magnaflow Muffler, 104mm Air Lid & Line Lock, Catch Can, Stage 2 T56 w/Viper shaft, PRO 5.0 Shifter, Tick MC, SPEC Stg3+ Clutch, QT SFI BH, MWC DSL, Full UMI Performance Suspension, Belstein Shocks, Hotchkis Springs (1" Drop), YR1 Snowflake Wheels wrapped in NT555 tires & Custom Fab Ford 8.8 rear w/Wavetrac Diff 3.73 Yukon Gears, WSQ Hood, 3"CM Strange Eng Drive Shaft.

00 FB Vert - Stock

78 FB - Just getting started......

Horsepower never lies, but is often lied about!

Silver Metallic
    2000 Trans Am WS6

Seeing how some of these cars end up from wrecks, it is good to hear she made out well through that and hopefully recovery will be quick.

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Good to hear she isn't TOO banged up from the crash considering what happened. I wish her a speedy recovery. Cars can be replaced, people can't. From the sound of that crash though, I can't imagine the car is worth saving.

navy blue metallic
    2000 camaro SS

thanks for all the well wishes for my wife. the car doesn't look real bad (haven't seen it in person) but the driver side front wheel is driven back into the fender, and the driver door won't close. we are looking at getting her another SS, she's really against a mini van LOL. the car will be a donor for either(most likely) my 73 vette or possible my 66 biscayne.

Navy Blue Metallic

That 66 Biscayne would be one hell of a sleeper.....

Thread Information