Black
    2000 Camaro SS

2000 camaro ss slp M6

I have a 2000 Camaro SS SLP with 800 (yes 800) original miles on it. I do not want to sell it, but what do you guys think it is worth? It has been garaged, and is in mint condition. Does not even have swirl marks in the paint. Car still smells brand new in the inside.

Thanks Guys

light pewter metallic
    1999 z28

wow! im not sure how much its worth but im sure someone will pay a pretty penny for it. any pics?

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

WHAT!!! I want I want

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Pictures...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I mean 800 miles is awesome (believe me as I know about garage queens), but that is less than 100 miles per year. How long do you let the car sit before starting it? Doesn't not driving a car hurt it to some extent? Just wondering...

As far as the value. No idea. I would guess a premium (several thousand) above NADA value

Blog Entries

Black
    2002 SS Camaro

do you start the car on a reg bassis

Red
    2002 SS #5201

pics yeah yeah pics

Pewter
    Camaro 2000 SS M6

that's brand new man

lets see some pics ..

RED
    2001 CAMARO ss

wow!! as some some one starts to drive the car on regular basis you will start to see oil and a/c leaks . the rear main is first to leak and the seal for the a/c second . a club member has 3 camaro,s and until the new camaro came out he did not drive them . as some he start the drive them to meeting and shows he had to replace some gaskets .

i would say maybe 40% off of the original price

Black
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by SPDYGON View Post
    wow!! as some some one starts to drive the car on regular basis you will start to see oil and a/c leaks . the rear main is first to leak and the seal for the a/c second . a club member has 3 camaro,s and until the new camaro came out he did not drive them . as some he start the drive them to meeting and shows he had to replace some gaskets .

i would say maybe 40% off of the original price

Why? What happens to cause this?

Also, will post pics by the end of this week....

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by fixtheglitch View Post
    Why? What happens to cause this?
    Seals dry out.

Car is worth what KBB.com or NADA.com say.
    Granted, the right buyer will pay for the miles.

long and strong Willfully Armed's Avatar

Black
    01 WS6 (stock)

Gaskets and seals require the fluids they are keeping to lubricate them as well.

As the car is running, the counterweights on the crankshaft are throwing oil everywhere in the crankcase. This keeps the rear and front seals lubicated. When the vehicle just sits, those seals dry out, the longer the sit, the more brittle they become. As soon as you start the vehicle fater long periods, material starts to be taken away due to the friction of the shaft.

If you let a vehicle sit too long, rust can build up on internal drivetrain parts due to the lack of this oil-bath.

That's why you should run your AC every two weeks, even if in the winter.

Another thing a lot of guys don't get. Those auto-hubs and front axles in your 4WD trucks do the same thing. Most are vacuum operated. If you do not engage your 4WD once a month, there is the good chance that any moistue could build up rust, and sieze the hubs or front gear set. This is why most 4WD's fail.

2000 Camaro B4C

Quote Originally Posted by Willfully Armed View Post
    Gaskets and seals require the fluids they are keeping to lubricate them as well.

As the car is running, the counterweights on the crankshaft are throwing oil everywhere in the crankcase. This keeps the rear and front seals lubicated. When the vehicle just sits, those seals dry out, the longer the sit, the more brittle they become. As soon as you start the vehicle fater long periods, material starts to be taken away due to the friction of the shaft.

If you let a vehicle sit too long, rust can build up on internal drivetrain parts due to the lack of this oil-bath.

That's why you should run your AC every two weeks, even if in the winter.

Another thing a lot of guys don't get. Those auto-hubs and front axles in your 4WD trucks do the same thing. Most are vacuum operated. If you do not engage your 4WD once a month, there is the good chance that any moistue could build up rust, and sieze the hubs or front gear set. This is why most 4WD's fail.
    had my car sitting for almost a year after my first summer with it and when i started driving it the next year the rear main was leaking pretty badly

Black
    2013 Camaro 2SS/RS 1LE

What its worth and what someone is actually willing to pay are 2 different numbers IMO. I think if you could actually get $22K for it you would be lucky. Maybe Im wrong but it no longer has a warranty and there were over 8000 SS's made that year. I stuggle to see why people don't drive their cars when they have em, if it was a Berger I could see trying to keep the miles low but at the same time I would still drive the damn thing!!! I keep seeing the same ad in our local free auto ad magazine for a 93 Pace Car with low low miles for $26,000----Yeah right good luck getting $19,000.
    You can price your car to sell, or price it to sit and not move until the perfect buyer comes along.

black / black
    '91 Z28 / '10 SS

We have a dealer over here that tries to sell his 00' SS convertible with less than 2000 miles for nearly sticker price. Half year and still there.

Also a '93 Pace Car is still stickered with the same price as back in 1995 when i first saw it standing there.

in this economy if you got 22k you would be lucky. ive seen some cars sell really cheap on ebay lately. an under 10,000 mile ss le vert 6 speed sold for 17200 there a post on it on the 35th forums. might as well just drive it and enjoy. or try to hold out for right buyer in spring good luck either way.

RED
    02 SS, 03 BMW 745

Quote Originally Posted by fixtheglitch View Post
    I have a 2000 Camaro SS SLP with 800 (yes 800) original miles on it. I do not want to sell it, but what do you guys think it is worth? It has been garaged, and is in mint condition. Does not even have swirl marks in the paint. Car still smells brand new in the inside.

Thanks Guys
    Just a jab in the dark but I think it would be worth maybe 22-24k but not more than that because ours cars where around 30k with options so you have to factor in depreciation over the last several years, the state of the economy and fuel prices. If she was mine I'd keep her.

Artic
    2000 SS

Cheaper to keep her.

BLACK
    2000 TRANSAM

Low miles

Quote Originally Posted by z28boy2000 View Post
    had my car sitting for almost a year after my first summer with it and when i started driving it the next year the rear main was leaking pretty badly
    not sure what it would be worth. Need to run it . Drive around the block. Seals will dry up. Mainly depends on buyer. Not being a s/a just because i own one but they will not be worth as much as a ws6 due to number of years made, no longer produced. Etc. But i sure would keep it. Do run it

Thread Information