1969 Chevy Camaro - Surfer's Paradise

Check out this fully restored 1969 Chevy Camaro that blows away all the competition with a GM Performance Parts ZZ454 engine.Mr. R is a 47-year-old software configuration manager from San Diego, a real smart cookie, or so it would seem. Naturally, his $69,000 plan was highly detailed and was always in sight. Here he gives us the cogent reasons for what he's accomplished and how he did it. "I wanted to build it rock-solid and with a bitchin' but not overly flashy or overstated appearance inside and out," he explains. "I wanted there to be some modern touches but no modifications that took away from the classic look of the '69. It had to be blue because I'm a surfer and a fisherman and the deep blue color of the ocean has been a constant part of my life. I used my computer and digital skills to visualize different paint schemes, graphics, and stripes for the car and determined that modifications to a solid blue base only looked different, but not better, so I stayed with a solid blue scheme.

Photo Gallery: 1969 Chevy Camaro - Chevy High Performance Magazine

Photo Gallery: 1969 Chevy Camaro - Chevy High Performance Magazine

Read More | Digg It | Add to del.icio.us

More...