1967 rs/ss camaro headlights won't turn on

Driving home yesterday in the evening, hit a bump & my headlights turned off. Immediately turned my parking lights on since something is better than nothing.

This morning I replaced all three relays for the hideaway headlights, checked the circuit breaker & it had power coming in & out. Checked my fuses & one was bad, replaced it but still can't turn headlights on. The headlight doors seem to be opening & closing fine otherwise.

Pulled the drivers side headlight connector from the back of it and there is no power going to any of the wires. Can't really chase the power through the harness because it is pretty hidden under the fender then plugs into the fuse panel/firewall.

Pulled the headlight switch out of the dash & it seems to be working fine. Pull it out slightly & dash & running lights turn on, pull it out all the way & the headlight doors open (no headlights though), turn it to the left & the dome light comes on, turn it to the right & it dims the panel gauges.

If my high beam switch fails, will that prevent my headlights from turning on? can my headlight switch be bad even though everything else seems to be working with it?

I'm at a loss, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Yep, power runs through the dimmer before it reaches the headlights.

Did you try turning the lights on with the knob and then hit the dimmer switch and see what happens? Might even try stomping the switch 4-5 times quickly. Contacts get corroded from either lack of use, wet feet, etc...

I've had headlights go out on me at night, and I quickly stomped the dimmer switch a couple times and they came back on. I knew it was time for a new switch. I haven't had it happen often at all, but it can.

Thread Information