black
    98 z28 m6

$5000 and what to do

Today i was offered $5000 for my quad. Before i got my car my quad was my life and now im kind of losing intrest in it. The quad is prolly worth 4500 and i wasnt even looking to sell it. But this brought light upon my eyes today when the guy came up to me. Im pretty sure im going to sell it to him...Ive rode the thing 3x in the past 4 months. I dont have the time or $. So i figure $5000 would look really nice under my hood. What im asking is some general opinions as to what i should buy...I have some ideas im toying around with but im not really SET on anything. Heres everything on my car, performance wise.
    Crane cam(Small)
    Crane roller rockers
    Crane springs and ti retainers
    Light Port n polish of heads
    Borla CB
    SLP lid and high flow filter
    180* thermo
    TB bypass
    No emissions at all
    Groty LT
    3" mufflex catless y w/ merge
    Stage 2 clutch
    255lph fuel pump
    Short shifter
    ---note---im looking to sell my borla, y pipe and headers. Or ill trade headers for hooker or similar to work with true duals (ill know if theyll work if you can send pics)

Im most likely going to take $2000 of it and put of it to the side because god only knows how much longer my rear is going to last me. Heres some of my ideas.
    -first off get updated master and slave cyls.-200
    -500 more to the side for a pro dyno tune once i get w/e im getting
    -drag or street slicks wouldent be a bad idea on a spare set of rims but i have no idea what the prices are on them
    1.monster cam (trex or similar or custom grind)-500, will i need new springs etc for this?
    2.heads-700 to 2400
    3.150 wet shot w/ everything-1000
    4.get tb ported and polished-75
    5.ls6 intake-250 or bbk-420
    6.Moser 12 bolt w/ 410s-2000
    7.42lb injectors-300
    8.UD pulley-200
    9.Adj torque arm-300
    10.3-point bolt on or weld on subframe connectors-300
    11.13lb flywheel-230
    -i figure i can also make a few $ back with the old parts ill no longer need
    -dont consider labor into any of this. Everything i can do or have done for me at no cost other then the tune. I have access to a lift and basically every tool on the planet whenever i need it and my friends dad welds for a living. My uncle is a mechanic for gm so im set as far as that stuff goes. Kind of a long post but oh well...let me hear your opinions!!! thanks

sebring silver
    2000 z28

in my opinion i would do motor work, rip out that ls1 and put a stroker kit in it, i havent done the research yet so i don't know what kits are out there an which ones are the best but doing engine work instead of bolt ons will give your car more power and reliability

i would go with having the block bored with oversized pistons and stroker crank and some high flow heads, if you do work yourself you should be able to get all the parts plus having the block machined

with all the bolt-ons you have already you should have one bad ass car after motor work and tune

if not motor work, i would get the 12 bolt rear end with some fat tires and 17 inch wheels

live fast, die young.

metallic blue
    1969 camaro

im with silverZ28.... if ur lookin for more power, then do the stroker, make a 383 LS1, thatll give u the most power for your money, either that or throw on a turbo kit, lots of power, but u sacrafice a little bit of ur engine life, either way ull make a fast ass car even faster

black
    98 z28 m6

i had thought of getting it bored. its still in my mind too but i didnt think 5000 was quite enough for everything. So you guys think i can get my block bored (im pretty sure i can get it done fairly cheap), high comp pistons, forged rods, a forgred crank, heads/cam package and all the other small stuff for 5000? And if i do this im still out 2000 for the rear im going to NEED after the 383. Also, why not go all the way with a 408? Is there a reason as to why this would be a bad idea? Thanks

sebring silver
    2000 z28

if you take the motor out and tear it down , clean it and then have a shop install the bottom end you should be pushing it price wise, maby a 2000 personal loan or just save for a year, do everything perfect , if you are going th use it as a daily driver the go with a smaller stroker kit, if not , up the cubes, if you don't want to spend more that 5000 the go with a 12 bolt rear 4.10 and a head and cam package, with some nice fat tires, even with your stock bottom end you should pull high 11's or low 12's depending on climate

thats what i would do with 5000

Thread Information