Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

$10K to spend. Performance Help

It's been a while since I've posted, been busy saving up a little side money for the old/new girl. Here's the situation. Got my 01 SS early spring, has 30k miles and is a 6 speed. Eventually I want the entire car to be pristine, FAST, and overall, insane. The paint is okay for now, so I think I've decided performance first. I've got Pacesetter LTH, SLP SFC's, a K&N intake setup, Hi Flo's and a Magnaflow catback. It's time to really step up my game and spank these turbed 350z's that seem to be poppin out of the woodwork. Help me find out how I can get the most power, reliably. I was thinkin Procharger intercooled, heads and cam... Get it tuned and should be some good numbers I'd think. Also I'd probably do an intake manifold with that. Like I said, 10,000 to spend. Recommendations? Please include specifics; manufacturers, for cams lift etc. I want some good feedback please!

PS I'm not going to mind smokin my buddies c5 either

white
    02 SuperSport

I would build start off with exhaust,headers,intake,cams and look into buying a procharger. Alot of people on this board i have found that they like procharger/vortec supercharger. For myself im looking to buy a procharger down the line. Its your money so do what will satisfy you. If you want to spank vettes/turbod 350z, go with a Procharger.

white, white and pewter
    Rip99SSA4,74Z28M4,02SSM6

call texas speed get a forged 402 stage 1 ls6 heads and an ms3 or ms4 cam, get some lt's and a magnaflow catback so its not too loud, invest in a nice clutch like a textralia, and get it dyno tuned, then be ready for 500rwhp on motor and the motor is ready for a 150 or 200 shot of n20, then you will be at 700+ wheel hp. thats what i would do with 10k.

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by camarojunky74 View Post
    call texas speed get a forged 402 stage 1 ls6 heads and an ms3 or ms4 cam, get some lt's and a magnaflow catback so its not too loud, invest in a nice clutch like a textralia, and get it dyno tuned, then be ready for 500rwhp on motor and the motor is ready for a 150 or 200 shot of n20, then you will be at 700+ wheel hp. thats what i would do with 10k.
    dang, what about the tranny and rear end

white
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    It's been a while since I've posted, been busy saving up a little side money for the old/new girl. Here's the situation. Got my 01 SS early spring, has 30k miles and is a 6 speed. Eventually I want the entire car to be pristine, FAST, and overall, insane. The paint is okay for now, so I think I've decided performance first. I've got Pacesetter LTH, SLP SFC's, a K&N intake setup, Hi Flo's and a Magnaflow catback. It's time to really step up my game and spank these turbed 350z's that seem to be poppin out of the woodwork. Help me find out how I can get the most power, reliably. I was thinkin Procharger intercooled, heads and cam... Get it tuned and should be some good numbers I'd think. Also I'd probably do an intake manifold with that. Like I said, 10,000 to spend. Recommendations? Please include specifics; manufacturers, for cams lift etc. I want some good feedback please!

PS I'm not going to mind smokin my buddies c5 either
    above mentioned first then rear end, tranny, solid 125+ shot if you want like that stuff, and. probably not enough for a stroker but can still get a few more suspension things, and heads and cam package in that order. power to the ground is worth way more than anything imo. i like strokers though
    Last edited by 00z28bubba; 08-21-2008 at 03:07 PM.

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Build your suspension, tranny and rearend before you add the HP.
    CCW SP 500s 18x10 275/35 18x11 295/35
    SLP CME with GMMG style catback
    Painted manta stripe

Quote Originally Posted by konigandy6 View Post
    I'd rather be bi than full homo!!!!

PEWTER
    2002 Z/28 VERT.

Nope ! None of the above . Leave as is for now & start with the new generation blower like the one on the new ZR1 . That alone will start you off with an additional 150 HP thats available from idle to redline , then as you start breaking parts after about a year or two start replacing with extra heavy duty replacement parts.Dual slider Z06 clutch. Stay off the strip & you might get away with a 12-bolt. Hell of a street car .

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

rearend-$2000
    clutch 500-1000
    relocated torque arm-500
    driveshaft 500
    slicks and rims 500-1000
    and n20 for 1000 to complete a system

you can get slicks and rims for about 500 used

so really you could get all this for about $5000 and you would probably drop about a second and a half in the 1/8 mile with 150 shot of spray
    i would do this and save the rest to start building a motor

but you could always skip the n20 and build a turbo or supercharge it with the extra cash

my best investments though were definitely the 9in. rear,spray ,and slicks

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

all in all it depends how far you want to go

but whatever you do make sure to get the car to hook and after you do that the rear end is gone if you launch it so i would definitely put that top priority

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    rearend-$2000
    clutch 500-1000
    relocated torque arm-500
    driveshaft 500
    slicks and rims 500-1000

so really you could get all this for about $5000 and you would probably drop about a second and a half in the 1/8 mile with 150 shot of spray

but you could always skip the n20 and build a turbo or supercharge it with the extra cash

but whatever you do make sure to get the car to hook and after you do that the rear end is gone if you launch it so i would definitely put that top priority
    We think alike. Tons of HP is worthless if you can't plant it. Address the weak areas first and then plan your HP route.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KPewterSS View Post
    We think alike. Tons of HP is worthless if you can't plant it. Address the weak areas first and then plan your HP route.
    yeah i like running the guys with 150-200 more than me and all they do is spin

blacker than wesleysnipes
    98' trans am

rearend-$2000
    clutch 500-1000
    relocated torque arm-500
    driveshaft 500
    slicks and rims 500-1000

yeah i like running the guys with 150-200 more than me and all they do is spin
    thank you guys..i have nothing to say because you guys summed it up perfectly !!! THANK YOU!

Silvaa
    2007 Corvette

SLP Blocks

Okay okay, general concensus seems to be prepare my car for the power, prior to the power. Probably a good idea. I do want to ask another question. I have also been debating buying my parts and holding them for a bit, until I have essentially everything I want, and then stripping the car and going to town. If I do this, I may just put a new block in. Considering new blocks, one that can handle a supercharger as well as the high HP I expect N/A (450+) do I want an iron block? Can an aluminum block handle the power? I am looking at an SLP assembly, but I have heard some bad things, some good things too though. If I did this I would spend time working on the engine, in the meantime buying a new rearend, tranny upgrades and brake upgrades, and the all important rubbers.

SILVER
    2000 Z/28

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 001CamaroSS View Post
    Okay okay, general concensus seems to be prepare my car for the power, prior to the power. Probably a good idea. I do want to ask another question. I have also been debating buying my parts and holding them for a bit, until I have essentially everything I want, and then stripping the car and going to town. If I do this, I may just put a new block in. Considering new blocks, one that can handle a supercharger as well as the high HP I expect N/A (450+) do I want an iron block? Can an aluminum block handle the power? I am looking at an SLP assembly, but I have heard some bad things, some good things too though. If I did this I would spend time working on the engine, in the meantime buying a new rearend, tranny upgrades and brake upgrades, and the all important rubbers.
    no slp. go to texas-speed.com and look at the selection..the 402-408 lq9 iron blocks are very popular within the community..if you really like aluminum ect..try the ls3..you can get better ci ect....450 isnt sheeet when it comes to the strength of the blocks. get a 408 stroker or a ls3 stroker and 450 is nothing

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

get the(lq9) 6.0 iron block and and you wont have a problem

i believe that block with the l92 heads is probably the cheapest /best way to go at least from what i remember
    but yeah 450 with that setup would not be a problem i would probably be looking for more like 550

Black With T-Tops
    96 Z28 M6

Spend about 2 grand into the suspension (ford 9 inch because its lighter then the moser 12 bolt)
    Then you have about 8 grand to play with, I would try to go with a stroker kit or new block or stage 3 heads, with a nice cam... 8 grand is more then enough. I just want to throw 3 grand into my motor.

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by JwMonE99 View Post
    Spend about 2 grand into the suspension (ford 9 inch because its lighter then the moser 12 bolt)
    Then you have about 8 grand to play with, I would try to go with a stroker kit or new block or stage 3 heads, with a nice cam... 8 grand is more then enough. I just want to throw 3 grand into my motor.
    ??? the ford 9" does not weight less then the 12..also for a properly set up 9 should be close to 3k

NBM
    98 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by shady milkman View Post
    ??? the ford 9" does not weight less then the 12..also for a properly set up 9 should be close to 3k
    how much is the 12 bolt

98' trans am

Quote Originally Posted by tigersport14 View Post
    how much is the 12 bolt
    too much go with a moser 9" or even if you feel like dropping a few more 100s get the m9

Thread Information