gashbasher

FS: Ibanez custom shop guitar 1 of 6 (could be 1 of 3) made.

Hello Everyone,

I will be putting a ad in a few local papers soon for my guitar i'm planning to sell. I thought I would list it in a few places before the paper and ebay. the guitar can be played or viewed in person if your close to norman, oklahoma(pm me for details).

on with the good stuff:
    The guitar is a Ibanez-RGGOLD2 produced at the Fugijen custom shop in Japan in 1999. This guitar was built for the upscale domestic (Japan) marketplace. Its true production number is unknown. Although I been told by collectors that is either 1 of 3 or 1 of 6 built. However, there is only one other example that I (or my collector friends) know of and it's located in Japan.

Tech stuff:

The tone wood the guitar is made of is USA "Swamp" Ash and is fairly lightweight.

The guitar is factory loaded with Dimarzio pickups as follows: Neck position-Air Norton, Middle position-Blue Velvet, Bridge position-Tone Zone. The pickups are direct-mounted to the body. The tone this guitar produces is in a realm of it's own. It has the sweetest tone of any guitar I have owned and I have been playing for 16 plus years.

The neck has a "Wizard" profile with a 430mm radius and a 25.5" scale. The feel of the neck can be described as "wide thin" and it is absolutely effort less to play. It is made of Rock Maple and is a of 3 piece construction with a Bubinga reinforcing stripe down the middle. There is no finish on the back of the neck, only tung oil.

The fingerboard is choice (extremely dark with exellent grain) Mahogany. The finger board has no inlay save the 12th fret where 2 abalone dots will be found.

The bridge/trem is a Ibanes Lo-Pro Edge and is double locking.

The finish is something that must be seen to be believed. The enitre face and headstock of the guitar is covered in 18k gold leaf with heavy clear to protect it. You can see the wood grain impressions through the gold leaf and is stunning to see in person. It has lacquer (i think they are lacquer, although i have found nothing to back that up) Herons (in flight) painted on the front of the guitar (5 of them) and are factory painted. The back and sides are painted a metallic silver.

The guitar has the following markings: Serial number-F99355x (not giving last digit on net due..well we all know)
    Above the Ibanez logo on the face of headstock reads "J CUSTOM REG. 1,479,480 CRAFTED WITH ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY." If the neck is removed you will find the J Custom mark stamp on neck and in the neck pocket of the body along with the model name (in japanese).

The condition: Mint with 3 exceptions. Lower horn has 1 chip to wood i would say smaller then an eraser head on pencil. One chip through clear only located where the forearm of the pic hand rests and is about the size of a match head. Neither of these are visiable from the front or back. as they are on the sides. EDIT: I noticed on the cavity panels (on rear) some of the paint has wore off the plastic from my shirt rubbing against it.
    Thats it! ZERO FRETWEAR, No corrosion on any metal surface.

Guitar comes with very plush Ibanez M200 hard shell case and case candy (original tools, original manual for working on the bridge). Also, the Ibanez strap that was included with the guitar and factory straplocks are included.

I have a few other pics i can email if interested. However, no pic does this guitar justice....

THIS MACHINE WOULD MAKE A ABSOLUTE STAGE KILLER. THE GOLD LEAF REFLECTS LIGHT LIKE NOTHING YOU HAVE EVER SEEN. Of course, it would make a fine piece for the collector as well.

Asking 2000.00 obo.
    Will consider partial trades plus cash. Let me know what you've got.

I know this is a long post. But, this is a very special guitar and i wanted to describe everything to the best of my ability. Like i said, I will allow viewings and let experienced players play it. However, please only inquire about this if your aserious buyer(or you wanna come to norman to ride PB's and just happen to stop by while in town lol)

PLEASE EXCUSE THE HAIRY TATTOOD GUY.lol
    Last edited by gashbasher; 11-27-2005 at 09:49 PM.

Thread Information