Thread: ls1 t56 tranny

iTrader
    95 240sx

ls1 t56 tranny

hey all!

Just signed up new here and new to the ls1 motor FOR SURE. I'm home bread from turbo charged 4 bangers. Recently blew my motor up at past event and I'm picking up a ls1 ready to go.

Its automatic now, that is a problem. Looking for the 6 speed tranny for the motor and anything else I may need to complete the swap. I'm a noob 100% when it comes to this ls1 deal so please, please bare with me on it.

Any advice, tips, would be awesome. The auto tranny is perfect but like I said it does me know good.

Thanks for putting up with "another" one of those new guys!! Looking forward to my life with the ls1 in it!!!!

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar
    iTrader
    48 (100%)

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

Quote Originally Posted by MOOREOFSTEHPEN View Post
    hey all!

Just signed up new here and new to the ls1 motor FOR SURE. I'm home bread from turbo charged 4 bangers. Recently blew my motor up at past event and I'm picking up a ls1 ready to go.

Its automatic now, that is a problem. Looking for the 6 speed tranny for the motor and anything else I may need to complete the swap. I'm a noob 100% when it comes to this ls1 deal so please, please bare with me on it.

Any advice, tips, would be awesome. The auto tranny is perfect but like I said it does me know good.

Thanks for putting up with "another" one of those new guys!! Looking forward to my life with the ls1 in it!!!!

well first welcome.
    do you drag race? if you do leave it an auto and get a big stall converter. 34-3600.
    if you auto cross, then i see why you want to change. it is doable and many have done it. a guy/ company on ebay had brand new stage 2 ones for about 2k shipped.

iTrader
    8 (100%)

2000 Camaro SS
    '02 Z28 parting-out

I have an '02 Z28 with the 6-speed that is totaled. Motor and tranny are fine. In fact most of the car is fine. I have been working on selling/parting it out. But I would rather sell it as a whole. If you got the whole car you would have the tranny plus any other parts you would need. I have some "extra" pieces that could go with it depending on the price. Let me know asap if you are intrested. I've got a few people wanting some parts. My email Charles.Rushing@Century21.com

iTrader
    95 240sx

Hey guys thanks for the comments!

No auto or drag race.

I drift....I blew up my other car so new setup. I need the tranny to drift the car and nothing else. new seasons just started and I only got half day out of the last event before it blew up. Trying to be ready ASAP we have pro am events coming up very soon.

I plan to be making about 350whp with the motor soon. I just need the transmission first.

Keep the post coming, love it guys. Thanks so much!!

ps- I emailed you blackcar

iTrader
    95 240sx

Still looking for LS1- T56 transmission. If anyone cares I'm located out of Georiga. Trying to find something local but willing to hear anyone out!

iTrader

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Couple of guys out here in Phoenix have put LS1/T56 combos into both a 240SX and RX7. One of the guys with the 240 seems to be kicking everyone elses butt when I watch them.

FYI: The have what they call "Drift 'n Drag" nights at Firebird. When I'm not running down the 1/4 mile I watch the other guys drift.

iTrader
    95 240sx

yeah its not going to be hard. Just trying to find one lol

Thread Information