iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

tuning package for 98's

I have a tuning package for someone with a 98 f-body or 97-98 vette. It's autotap and LS1edit. I want to just test the waters with these and see if anyone would like to have the whole package right now. I'm not willing to seperate these at the moment.
    First up is autotap. This is an older version of autotap. It's hardware version 1with the generic parameters. It works fine to tune with as I used it for 2-3 years to tune my car and my buddies 98 heads/cam vette.

Next up is LS1edit. I've used 2 of the 4 licenses on it so there are 2 open spots. If you have a 98 you would only have to pay carputing $50 to get support and updates. I've already emailed Dave at carputing about this and I'll paste his reply in the bottom of the post so you guys can see how it works. That's the main reason I'm offering it only for 98's because as a 98 you won't have to send the cable back to be updated which would cost a 99+ owner $150 instead of the $50 for 98's.

Edit is considered old software but it works just fine to tune with. It's much more powerful than a programmer and gives you much more control over the pcm. Go to www.carputing.com and read the info at the site to learn more about it.

I'd like to get $350 shipped + paypal fee's for the package which is far cheaper than any tuning package out there that has the capabilities of edit.

2 email reply's from Dave at carputing regarding my questions to transfer the cable to a buyer:
    Hi,
    OK, if there are 2 UNUSED spots left, then it will not cost a lot for the new owner.
    The first question is whether the new owner's car is already supported by your software. Look at the label on the interface module. That indicates what vehicles it supports. If the new owners car is covered, and if you can give him your software, then he can choose to use the same software to tune his car (or he could optionally purchase the software update service to get the latest version, $50).
    He will need to transfer the license from you to him. To do this we need an order form from him, and we have a $50 transfer fee. This will make him our customer and we will give him our full support.
    So his total price will be either $50 or $100.

If all the slots are used, and it has room for more licenses (total must be no more than 4), then he would need to return the module to us and purchase an additional license.

I hope this helps,
    Thanks,
    Dave @ carputing.com

Hi,
    Yes, you have it right, but I do need to make one small correction.

If he has a 97/98 LS1, then the total is $50.
    If he has a 99-05 LS1/LS6, then he needs to send the module to us for updating (we have to add support for 99-05 to it). I forgot to add in our shipping and handling for this case. The total for this case will be $150 ($50 for software update service. $50 for transfer. $50 for shipping and handling). Sorry about that.
    We do NOT need to put the vin into it. It will license his PCM when he goes to program it the first time.

To transfer the license, he can just email or fax us his filled in order form, so we have all his contact and vehicle information. Please ask him to include a note that this is a transfer from you (include your name), so we transfer it correctly.

Thanks for your nice comments. We continue to work on our products. We just announced that we now support a TON of new 07/08 cars.

Thanks,
    Dave
    Last edited by 0rion; 02-09-2008 at 07:43 AM.

iTrader

black
    1998 ram air m6 ws6

Very Curious

I have a untuned 98 ws6,I am very curious as to how hard this would be to use or learn to use? Let's say I am very interested.......

iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

There is a learning curve there. It's not just yes/no questions like with a hand held. When I started I just went real slow and made small adjustments, I read on the web a lot too. It almost becomes a hobby in and of itself.
    I would recommend doing some google searches and reading a little bit. I'm not gonna bs you, it's not as good as the newer stuff out such as hptuner and efilive but ls1edit works fine to tune with and is way more powerful than a handheld. You also can't buy any other full editor for this price. Just read and make sure it's what you want. I don't want to sell anything to someone until they're sure it works for them.

here's a couple of links I have that'll give you a place to start reading

smiley's link
    slowcar.net
    Last edited by 0rion; 02-10-2008 at 02:11 PM.

iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula
    06 duramax

I wanted to do some screen shots so you guys can see what the software looks like for it. I tried to find a happy medium on the pic sizes so it wouldn't kill people on dial up but would still show some definition.
    main screen

main edit menu

main tranny menu

1 of the shift pressure tables

desired shift time

main ignition menu

main fueling menu

main ve table for fueling

diagnostics menu where you can disable codes

iTrader
    7 (100%)

98 Formula