iTrader

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

Thumbs up Custom Drivers Seat - Black Vinyl, NEW

I literally just put this in my car two weeks ago, and am finding that after my back surgery the seat just isn't allowing me to feel comfortable on a trip over 3 hours, and I drive my car often for those long trips.

The seat is from Summit Racing and ran about $200, Here is a link to it.
    http://store.summitracing.com/partde...5&autoview=sku

From there I fabbed a $99 Corbeau Camaro Spec bracket to fit the seat. It slides nicely and does not rub on the console or door while driving. It reclines via a rolling wheel on either side and also flips forward for rear access.
    I love the seat and wish I could use it, my back just won't allow it. I am 6'0 tall and my head does not hit the roof of my hardtop SS. All you have to do is remove your old seats four nuts, and bolt this on using those same four nuts, that is all, a complete bolt install. If you want to buy it, I will show you how to install it when you pick it up or something, but it is simple as anything to do. Just reverse of taking out your old seat. I am going to ask $250 since I spent over $300 for everything, so technically you are saving $50 and all the labor time that went into the install of this. Please PM me with interest or questions, as I will be happy to answer them. I live by Akron, Ohio for you people that want to pick it up, I will ship this, but shipping seats is not cheap as you may or may not know. Thanks for the interest, here are two pictures I took right after I put it in. This seat literally only has 300 miles on it, it still smells, looks, and feels brand new.

iTrader

Black
    1998 Camaro SS M6 #1871

any interest, or should I ebay it?

01 Z28 06 Trailblazer SS nitrobusa's Avatar
    iTrader
    3 (100%)

Red
    2001 Z28 2006 Tundra TSS

Quote Originally Posted by aerojt View Post
    any interest, or should I ebay it?
    I think you should ebay it. This seat is similar to the hunsaker seats. They have them on sale now for $279 shipped to your door for a pair. Ebay is probably going to be your best bet.

iTrader

Pewter
    2000 WS.6 T/A

you could get some trans am seats... they look nice and have adjustable side bolsters and lumbar supports. They hold me in place on tight sweepers...

iTrader

Navy blue Metallic
    2002 trans am

RE: T/A seats

Just to give you some input, I have a fairly severe lower back injury (L4, L5), and sitting in the stock seats in my trans am is not as good for me as one would think. The seats were very comfortable for me before my injury, but since then I'm noticing that the lumbar support is about 3 inches higher than it should be for some reason, and actually DECREASES my tolerance for driving distances in this car, unfortunately. Hope this helps. Just make sure you can try to sit in whatever you're interested in for long enough to know if its good for you or not. A back is a fickle thing. Good luck!

Thread Information