KeithO

10-Bolt Rear with 3.73s FS

Pictures and receipts can be found here:
    EDIT: I cannot post a link here, please e-mail me/PM me for pictures and receipts.

Complete GM F-Body (Camaro/Firebird) 10-bolt rear - fits 4th gen cars (1993-2003) and likely 3rd gens (1982-1992) with some mods (you might want to check your sources if you are looking to install in a 3rd gen).

The rear is off my 1995 Firebird Formula and includes the LS1 backing plates for the 1998-2002 brakes (you could move your existing plates if running the LT1 brake setup).

Has the stock Auburn, 5-spring posi in it. Not in the greatest shape but I would continue to run it if I hadn't scored another rear with 3.42s and a T2R in it. Put Red Line 75w90NS in it and it will likely help with the posi.

Aftermarket pieces:
    1) 3.73 Strange Ring and Pinion Set, installed 6,206 miles ago (admittedly this car is autocrossed and road raced, but many miles are street miles including the drive from Richmond, VA to Pittsburgh, PA when I bought the car)
    Note at link there is a receipt for the gear set, installation, new seals, new bearings on the rear totalling $661.31
    2) Spohn Lower Control Arm Relocation Brackets, welded in place (see pictures and scan of receipt at link)

The rear wheel speed reluctor ring has a few bent teeth (see picture at link) but this never caused me any issues.

The gear oil has been changed 4 times (Red Line each fill) that I know of since the 3.73 gear set was installed. When I drained it yesterday, the oil was still looked new.

Other than that, the rear is fine and I wouldn't hesitate to put it on the track (and have).

Reason for selling - 3.73 gears weren't working out for my needs and I scored a complete rear with the 3.42's and a T2R already installed in it. (Saved me the $$$ of buying and installing the 3.42's)

If you are looking to go to 3.73 gears, this is probably the cheapest way to do it - no installation, etc.

Priced to sell at $350 firm. For pickup (south suburbs of Pittsburgh) or willing to deliver within a 100 mile radius for a fee.

If you need me to check anything or take specific pictures of anything, just ask.

KeithO
    Rear has been sold. Thanks for the interest.

Thread Information