Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Young kid in a Civic cracked me up yesterday.

I wanted to share this because it really was funny.

Yesterday, I was heading home from work and detoured to get some dog food at the grocery store. I'm in a fairly new area where the road has been reconfigured for a new mega-mall. I'm in no hurry through the lights, and have fought the skip shift several times. Well, I come up to a light that is the last exit to the mall and I'm behind two ladies in a Lexus in the left lane and the right lane (two straight lanes) is open. I'm sitting there waiting for the light to change and I start to hear a " busted chain saw" sound. Sure enough, I look in my rear-view and here comes a green, lowered, Civic with that stupid looking 6 inch howitzer exhaust (which I see in a minute). This kid pulls up beside me and revs it up to 4500-5000 rpm and holds it for about 3-4 seconds. I look over at him and he's staring at me. Now this is where it starts getting comical. I'm a cop, but I'm in plain clothes. Still I have all the police stuff usually associated with being on-duty. I'm trying my best not to roll down the window and ask him if my car just passed wind, or was that his piece of shit making that noise. Instead I just turn my head away and genius boy pulls up beside the Lexus. Now this is an older four-door Lexus with a middle-aged lady driving. I'm thinking, you goober, how am I supposed to line up with you? What an idiot.

The road narrows to one lane soon after the light. The lady in the Lexus hasn't been in any hurry up to this point. When the light changes, the Civic guns it (what a shock), but to my surprise the lady in the Lexus ain't having any of it. She's door to door with the Civic which sounds just like a Husqvarna 272XP to me. Near the very end of the merge area the Civic finally gets ahead and pulls in front. He does not show a whole lot of skill with his efforts to merge and then of course, he's behind someone doing 40mph with no hope of passing. If I would have raced him (which I won't) and had been in front of the Lexus, I would have been in 3rd gear after maxing out 1st and 2nd. This retard was maybe doing fifty.

I was hoping he'd pull in where the store was so I could "speak" with him. He was a little scawny 17-18 year old who needs a dose of reality, but he continued straight and that was that. I wouldn't have written him up unless he was a complete jerk, however a word of prayer would have been to his benefit.

First- Don't street race

Second - If you do, don't challenge cars you have no hope of beating.

Third - Get a real car.

Lastly- Know who you are dealing with.

Anyway, I thought it was pretty funny. I couldn't help but chuckle over it. It's really surprising how many test me with my F-body. Overall, it doesn't bother me and I'm fine with a little showing off, but some people are really asking for attention they don't want.

John
    Last edited by jad628; 07-19-2006 at 05:19 AM.

NBM
    99 TA

great story... would have been funnier if the woman in the lexus kicked his ass and left him in the dust

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by KyleLs1 View Post
    great story... would have been funnier if the woman in the lexus kicked his ass and left him in the dust
    It sure wasn't for lack of moral support. I was cheering her on for all I was worth!!!

She actually stopped at the same store as me, but she had a twelve year old girl with her and I felt it would be best to just let it go.

Had he not jumped her on the start, I think she would have got him.

asshats in imports just feeding the stereotype....

i'm about that kids age, 21, well a bit older, i'd never race the celica. my car aint fast.

sure, it looks fast.

but hell no, it aint fast. my mom's old minivan would probably take me at the drag strip

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    People like that have INFESTED New Mexico, unfortunately. At least you were cool about the situation though and didn't flex your badge.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    People like that have INFESTED New Mexico, unfortunately. At least you were cool about the situation though and didn't flex your badge.

Sorry to hear that New Mexico has that problem.

The way I look at it, I save the badge for those that REALLY need to see it.

In all honesty, I came closer to giving him a one-finger salute than anything, but then I figured I'd just make him mouthy by doing that.

John

Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit
    Knowing how those idiots are, he probably would have accidentally swerved into you if you flipped him off, lol. He would have floored it and started acting stupid and something bad would have happened. Just watch some of the many "drifting" videos on the internet and you'll see. Some of them shouldn't be allowed to drive because they are more dangerous than DWI offenders.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by Ice Spiral View Post
    asshats in imports just feeding the stereotype....

i'm about that kids age, 21, well a bit older, i'd never race the celica. my car aint fast.

sure, it looks fast.

but hell no, it aint fast. my mom's old minivan would probably take me at the drag strip

Well, my money would be on your Celica over this kid's Civic. Is that exhaust sound actually something somebody WANTS? I didn't know Civic's had two-stroke motors!!!

I hope I don't ever meet up with your mom's minivan. I might have to

John

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    Knowing how those idiots are, he probably would have accidentally swerved into you if you flipped him off, lol. He would have floored it and started acting stupid and something bad would have happened. Just watch some of the many "drifting" videos on the internet and you'll see. Some of them shouldn't be allowed to drive because they are more dangerous than DWI offenders.

You're exactly right on all counts. Above all if he had hit me, I promise you something bad would have happened. A whole super-sized can of it.

Hopefully he'll wise up one day. It was still fun watching that lady give him a run for his money.

1978 Corvette

'Word of prayer' LOL

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

now, what would you have done if you saw those 2 go at it and you were in your patrol car?

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by ss~zoso~ss View Post
    now, what would you have done if you saw those 2 go at it and you were in your patrol car?
    Once I could figure out how to work the blue lights (been out of patrol for over fourteen years) I would have lit them up. She would have most likely stopped and he would have ran. Can you guess which one I would pay attention too? Some things you just shouldn't do with a patrol car behind you.

If they both stopped - which would be a miracle these days - as long as nobody had an attitude, they would have been warned and let go with no ticket. Anybody who had an attitude would pay the price. Truth be known, she would have gotten more latitude than him. That's what happens when you bring attention to yourself. Just being honest.

But it's all just a "what if". I might have trouble filling out a citation, but under the right circumstances, I don't mind figuring it out. If I couldn't, there's always the magistrate for a warrant - which I know how to do - and the big ride. However, that would really take some "mouth" to have happen.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

does anyone live in a state where the rice craze has all about died off? at least in their area? in my area the kids that do like japanese cars drive the premium models and they all appear stock. otherwise late model domestic v8s is the preffered weapon.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    does anyone live in a state where the rice craze has all about died off? at least in their area? in my area the kids that do like japanese cars drive the premium models and they all appear stock. otherwise late model domestic v8s is the preffered weapon.
    I really only see rice anymore at shows.
    Not much on the street.

Of course there is always the dumbass with the 1987 Accord with a melon launcher on it and 3 colors of paint, but hey....

And of course when I do see a ricer, I am in the Grand Am.
    Seems when I am driving around the T/A they stay away.

The Rookie
    I think if anything it has gotten worse here in Houston. I wanna kill some of these idiots! I can't even get my car out of the garage without some rice, fart can exhaust, pc of shit little import wanting to race! Now granted I do like the every now and then EVO, SRT4 or WRX STI. But most of those that I have run into are level headed kids. Even some older guys like me. The primered 240sx's and preludes and civics are just plain retarded.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Update on this:

I'm pretty sure I saw this Civic again. It was on the side of the road.....dead, and apparently abandoned. If he had been with it I don't know if I would of stopped or just revved at him. I just don't know.

Still had the fart can exhaust pipe though!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

that was hilarious!

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I really can't stand those young ricer punks. They watch these fast and the furious movies and think its ok to street race. I just think its hilarious how they go buy a fart can, put it on and think they can own a true muscle car. These young punks need to grow up and quit wasting our time.

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by StangKiller615 View Post
    I really can't stand those young ricer punks. They watch these fast and the furious movies and think its ok to street race. I just think its hilarious how they go buy a fart can, put it on and think they can own a true muscle car. These young punks need to grow up and quit wasting our time.

Maybe walking will have lead him down the "right path". American muscle!!!

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    that was hilarious!
    I guess I would have offered him a lift if I'd of seen him walking. It might have be even funnier.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information