Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Young Guys Step In (Old Guys Can Too)

So, in the past two weeks, two of my buddies have gotten killed. They were seperate accidents, one was a car wreck and the other a 4-wheeler wreck, but the thing is that they were both young and my age. I wasn't really close with either one, but its really made me think about the possibility of getting killed doing something stupid.

You guys ever had anything make you start thinking like this?

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

I have thought of it, alot. I bought my first Z at 17 and my first crotch rocket a year later and some close calls will really get you thinking. In my world if it can kill you it's probably the funnest thing to do, but the drawbacks are family and friends. I'm not saying it would tear alot of people up to see me go, I'm not that cocky, but there are always more people that care than you would think of. I don't particulary worry about getting killed necessarily, becuase I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever stupid thing I am doing right up to the end, but I don't want my mom or sisters etc to have to think why'd he have to do something like that and take himself away from us. To be too wreckless is in effect being somewhat selfish

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

I have had 1 or 2 close calls while with my friends and it does kinda freak you out. I do agree with Z tho, chances are, if its gonna kill you its something fun(driving fast, racing, etc)

I, unlike Z however, do fear dying. Im still really young, even compared to a lot of the guys on this forum and theres still so much I have left that I want to accomplish and experience. At this point and time in my life I am legitimately scared of dying. I would hate to leave my friends and family behind as well.

Future Super Trooper Mr. CarelessAndImprudent's Avatar
    '69 Camaro

Exactly, that and I figure that I have a lot of things I still wanna do

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

I have had friends die in accidents and one friends brother commit suicide. It really changes your perspective on life when these events happens. I think it is the aftermath of the event that hurts. Seeing other friends and family members so hurt by the death is what really gets you thinking. I have ridden dirtbikes for 20+ years, streetbikes, dragbikes, raced cars, demolition derbies, and plenty of other things that are dangerous. You just have to do the things you enjoy and don't ride/drive/race above your ability. The best things in life are dangerous!

My fiance was paralyzed from a drunk driver and one of my best friends was paralzyed..as of now...it's 50/50 whether he'll walk again. In those situations it sucks..personally..i'd rather die....but first the person that was parlyzed should get to kill the drunk driver. With any luck i'll clock out by the time i'm 60 or 65. I don't see any point living beyond that. Why suffer for 20 years with arthritis/diseases/or whatever else you have wrong with you? Then again..if they find cures for arthritis/cancer/etc. my view will definately change.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by gettin sideways
    I have had 1 or 2 close calls while with my friends and it does kinda freak you out. I do agree with Z tho, chances are, if its gonna kill you its something fun(driving fast, racing, etc)

I, unlike Z however, do fear dying. Im still really young, even compared to a lot of the guys on this forum and theres still so much I have left that I want to accomplish and experience. At this point and time in my life I am legitimately scared of dying. I would hate to leave my friends and family behind as well.
    Soooo....I take it you're not gonna enlist

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. CarelessAndImprudent
    but its really made me think about the possibility of getting killed doing something stupid.

You guys ever had anything make you start thinking like this?
    no, ive never really started thinking like that.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I miss doing stupid shit, I hate the fact that I give a fuck now. I used to go do crazy things and man I had a blast, somehow I never got hurt.. or atleast very badly. Now things are different. I can't go really cut lose anymore because of life and the fact that I would never put my g/f and parents thru the shit. But I do miss it, The thought of death never slowed me down, I just figured it was part of kicking ass. So now I say "no" to fun and excitement because I don't want to hurt others. If I died going fast listening to some hard rock then I just would'nt mind

Leaving for Lackland soon

Black
    2000 Z28 M6

We used to go out and drink beer while 4-wheeling etc... yeah dumb i know. but anyway, one of our friends probably not more than 3 minutes after we passed the same road... he crashed into a tree and died, because he was drunk and driving, we drove by and didnt think anything (there where already cops and emts there) because he wasnt driving his vehicle... so we didnt even know who was in the accident, until the next day when we found out it was our friend... Made me definatly think twice about some of the things i did.. and changed the way i do things now.
    2000 Black Camaro Z28 - !Cags, Spec Stage 3 clutch, Drill Mod, Smooth Bellows, High Flow Lid, Free Ram Air Mod, 150 Wet Shot Cold Fusion Nitrous

N/A 333rwhp 340 RWTQ
    N20 476RWHP 493RWT (Finally got it tuned)
    http://www.dakotafbodies.com

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed
    I miss doing stupid shit, I hate the fact that I give a fuck now. I used to go do crazy things and man I had a blast, somehow I never got hurt.. or atleast very badly. Now things are different. I can't go really cut lose anymore because of life and the fact that I would never put my g/f and parents thru the shit. But I do miss it, The thought of death never slowed me down, I just figured it was part of kicking ass. So now I say "no" to fun and excitement because I don't want to hurt others. If I died going fast listening to some hard rock then I just would'nt mind
    People like you and me are lucky we're even alive today.

I wouldn't say I miss it. In fact I get chills down my spine when I think of all the stupidly dangerous shit I did before I woke up to reality.

Jesus died to save you! Killer_bluebird's Avatar

Navy Blue Metallic
    2000 Camaro Z28

I plan to live forever! but I have done some stupid things also in my life I just hope for you guys that it is not the last thing you do. As I get older I I've started to understand that I'm responsible for my actions before my friends and family and above all to God. I too have seen and felt the pain that a reckless momment or a thrill can cause. I still go to the road courses and dragways to drive in excess of 120mph because I enjoy doing it. However I no longer put my self in unecesary risk and danger knowing that I have people who care about me and depend on me. In the end we all will have to give account whether you believe it or not. It's my hope you grow from those experiences. My .02

Red
    93 Camaro V6(I know lame)

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    Soooo....I take it you're not gonna enlist
    ive deff considered it, but i just dont know if i could do it. i would enjoy serving my country. i dont think i could for a couple reasons tho

1. i will never join the armed forces will george bush is president
    2. i already have a career started and a good amount of money has already been spent, so i cant exactly just walk away from that

RED
    2000 Camaro SS

My cousin died at 17 ( in a DD accident, he was a passenger) , the same night & time I wrecked a Vette in a street race and walked away. I was 18. We were supose to go the the Citadel military academy the next year together. I never went.

Quicksilver Metallic
    2005 Pontiac GTO

Yep, there's all kinds of shit to make you contemplate your own mortality. Everyone has a time when they wake up and realize, "fuck, I could die today and what would ever happen to...". Usually it's your kids that make you think like that, but it's bound to happen no matter what. I'm all for livin life, but there's time to have fun and time to recognize trouble and to get the fuck away from it...

My .02

black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

my friend in nov 04 with his brand new gto..had it for 5 days....hit a wall doing around 120, got airborne...hit a tree(6feet off the ground) and smashed into a telephone pool.died at the hospitol. another friend this past september crashed his brand new sti going 140ish..don't know the details..second was a good friend...last contact with him when he went into the marines...he went to iraq twice..and was in n.o. after the hurricane. both of those are why i go to the track.... both were 20

badass67
    I am a bit older the most of you. I still do some stupid shit, but I try to think first now.
    I do not drink when I drive my Camaro.
    I do nto drink when I ride my Harley.

Due to experience, I have learned that.

I have been lucky and only had a couple of semi close calls. Nothing really life changing. Just thought changing.

I disagree with those that make the statement - "If I die doing something fun, it is ok" Or "If I die going fast and listening to Rock, that is ok"
    I say BS to that. You will live just long enough to regret it, and of course your family and friends will too.

Driving fast is great, just be smart - choose smart places and smart times.

PS - I would be happy to live an extra 10 years in pain with some disease, so I could be with family and friends.

Thread Information