Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Visualize°Design°Create SSwt00SS's Avatar

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

You know what really grinds my gears

I'm sorry but I am already sick of all this coverage about the 'foiled' air attack attempt. Yes, it was finally confirmed that explosives were found, but do people not see that regardless if planes had been attacked or not, the terrorists are still winning. All this and day after day our so-called 'freedoms' are being taken away from us and people simply shrug their shoulders and stupidly ask, 'What can you do?'

You can do a lot people. Speak up and don't tolerate this BS. Does anyone not see the millions upon millions of money and items that have litterally been tossed/thrown away because of the ban of lotions, contact solution, toothpaste?! WTF!!! They now call for cell phones to be placed in check baggage. Now, this is crazy (atleast for me) because next week I fly to KC and then drive back the following day. This means I'm not going to have a 'check bag' just a carry on (if even that). Now, I can't even carry on my cell phone and would have to wait in line behind crazy f'ers who check in everything but a kitchen sink just for my cell phone in a suitcase, that the airlines may or may not lose. And people just say, 'What can you do?!' Again, the government is just one step closer to controlling how we live our lives and the 'privacy' we have in our lives. They will press for more cameras, more this, more that, tricking the people to think they are safer, when we aren't. If someone wants to do something bad enough, they will find a way to do it. Come on who can't see a baby formula bomb, since baby formula has been excempt for the ban list. So, favorites are played to babies and little kids, while the rest of us, get cow-herded into giving in. It's sickening. If you want your freedoms that you have to stay 'free' urge governments to spend the money to invest in machines and equipment that can 'sniff out' liquid explosives. Tell them you aren't going to check your cell phone cause lord knows if you luggage will make it where you go. The TSA and government have gone over-board with this silly ass ban, just like before with banning tweezers (come on WTF take down a plane w/tweezers, never will happen). And you the american public buy this BS and its disgusting. times are changing, but our freedoms should stay our freedoms, our rights, are our rights. God, I love America and I feel blessed to be here and have the rights and freedoms I have, but seriously, enough is enough. The government is getting leaps and bounds closer to containing and controlling us.

NBM
    99 TA

i think they just need to start controlling who they let on an airplane... if that makes me an ignorant person for saying that, then so be it... but it is the truth

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

this is in the wrong section, pretty soon this may be transfered to the political section

ok Peter Griffin...lol

Grinds my Gears

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

MODS, if i placed this in the wrong section of AAG, please move as deemed necessary...thanks.

NBM
    99 TA

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

lmao

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

most political threads start here and get moved. LOL @ peter griffin pic.

It's true, we're getting closer and closer to Orwell's "1984" and it's scaring the shit out of me.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Man ... put those two post in before I got finished suposed to be laughing at Peter ....

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

smilin_assassin & KyleLs1...I'm glad to see someone caught onto the title...lol

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Yea, these fukn wackos are winning! We are changing our lives, little by little, to suit whatever they do , or threten. We need to get off this PC shit and do the common sense things to protect ourselves and I think you all know what I mean......
    2000TA, ARCTIC WHITE, 6 SPD
    ALL THE USUAL STUFF
    A MILE HIGH & A SECOND SLOWER

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    ...It's true, we're getting closer and closer to Orwell's "1984" and it's scaring the shit out of me.
    what should scare the shit out of you is the fact people seem to by OK with it and 'accept' it...

Arctic White
    2000 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by SSwt00SS View Post
    what should scare the shit out of you is the fact people seem to by OK with it and 'accept' it...
    That's caus these things are happening incramentally

I'm anti-big brother too but I do understand the thought process behind checking cell phones since they are commonly used as remote detonators.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

i understand where you are coming from, but for people who just make an over night trip with no checked baggage if even a carry on, now either have to wait in line to check a freakin cell phone, over night it to where they will be, or risk going without one period and take a chance that nothing will happen to them while they are without one.

Dare I say, I doubt suicide bombers wouldn't be checking much baggage either.

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

the TSA and the government have set rules/guidelines and limitations enforced on us, but make 'exceptions'. they define what the age is for a child, but what about someone who is not in that age range but has the metal capacity of a child. how do you explain or justify to them about the changes, etc.

its outta hand now and will get worse from here and it's something I'm not OK with. My brother is a pilot so i hear first hand about rules that are made and how stupid they are. pretty soon the "sky' magazines will be removed because someone will find a way to make an paper origami bomb. Yeah sure it may be an exaggeration but so are the silly ass bans imposed to travelers...

'18 CTS-V
    '13 ZL1

and more to think about with these bans, it will force more people to drive which will increase the demand for gas, and as if the prices aren't high enough and with BP shutting down, prices through the roof so we can hear of more oil companies posting record profits in the BILLIONS. all because there is a shortage...BS there is no shortage and the price we pay now for gas is off of gas bought months ago (at a lower price per barrel) yet prices are high now and will continue to rise for a supposed shortage that doesn't even exist and never will. And the talk of opening up the oil reserves is to ease the customer into believing that everything is ok to ease the shortage...lol I laugh at the lies

Artic White
    2001 Camaro

There will always be terrorism in the world as long as the human race lives. People hate each other and theres no way to end the hate and some people are crazy and will do crazy stuff to people they hate.
    As for the goverment they got the citzens of the US brainwashed and making them scared of everyday life. The people that benefit the most are the companies and the terrisots themselves because they know how everyone fears them and it makes them even more stronger. It shows the weakness of the goverment and an shows that even a "super power of the world" isn't as strong as it really is(kinda like superman and is weakness to krptonite).

Black/Gold....Now Sold...
    10th Anny. Firehawk #001

I can't wait until I get to the airport tomorrow morning. I am starting a 3 country trip to Asia, and have to take along several pieces of electronic equipment, and my sample kit, which is all ceramics of various shapes and sizes that no TSA person would recognize with any amount of explanation. For this trip, I have no issue with checking all my stuff, but I've seen how these fucktards handle bags on the tarmac, and I'm just waiting to have to file the damaged property claims....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information