Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

You can't even make this up II!!!!!!!!

I am going to keep with these posts in the hope to steer people away from Imports and support America!!!!!!! All of these stories are 100% true Now, on to the funny......

About a week ago, my friend (which is a girl) was pulling into her driveway after work and her Sante Fe felt like it was the time to let her know she needed brakes. Both sides of her front calipers let the pads go. Her brakes were not squeeking or any of that and the pads decided to fall off the caliper, through the rim and on to the concrete. She ended up nailing her boyfriends 2000 Honda dirtbike, but didn't damage it. So my buddy thats doing all the work to my car is fixing the brakes right now and decided to see what the engine light was on for...... 18 fuckin codes are stored in that bitch... I didn't even know the damn jap crap had 18 sensors. By the way, this vehicle was made past 2000 I am pretty sure.
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Hyundais are Korean made, but aside from that, funny stuff

Soo glad we don't have the Tiburon anymore.....gutless POS

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

WOW.....

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Still not made in America. Maybe not jap crap, but I will keep calling it that Now he is balls deep in the brakes and finds out that the brakes are held on by PHILLIPS SCREWS. Granted the lug nuts and wheel hold the rotor, but it has TWO PHILLIPS SCREWS that are in place in the rotor....... GREAT fuckin idea

Quote Originally Posted by Y2KArcticSS View Post
    Hyundais are Korean made, but aside from that, funny stuff

Soo glad we don't have the Tiburon anymore.....gutless POS
    +1.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by bmyers View Post
    +1.
    What year did you have?

GS, GT?

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

Quote Originally Posted by blackSS01 View Post
    Still not made in America. Maybe not jap crap, but I will keep calling it that Now he is balls deep in the brakes and finds out that the brakes are held on by PHILLIPS SCREWS. Granted the lug nuts and wheel hold the rotor, but it has TWO PHILLIPS SCREWS that are in place in the rotor....... GREAT fuckin idea
    Quit your bitchin those screws save weight.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by c5z28 View Post
    Quit your bitchin those screws save weight.

On your ass flashing
    my highbeams

I also use duct tape to cover that gap where this airdam is underneath the car-she is much more aerodynamic now.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

They are probably there to hold the rotor on while it is going down the line. My moms Malibu had a brake problem. Defective pad. The friction material cracked and some fell out. They were making a real bad grinding noise. Only time I ever saw that happen.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

those lock screws are pretty common....and they never just come right out. I don't even try anymore. I just drill them out before doing anything else.

nbm
    00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    those lock screws are pretty common....and they never just come right out. I don't even try anymore. I just drill them out before doing anything else.
    Try a impact driver next time. Those areas of the brakes are prone to crud and corrosion.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

My grandad had a shop until recently....changed a girls oil, dunno what it was in, i know it was some compact car, dunno if it was domestic or import, but her oil was thick..like syrup.....got the change done, filled it up.

when i went to put a new sticker in the window...i checked how long it had been since her last change....She said it was last summer, before she left for school, and it was summer again...did the math....28,000 miles since her last oil change.

2001 3.8 Black - sold
    2000 SS Black M6

heres another....a year ago my mom decided her 2002 durango was "feeling sluggish" but one day it started getting hot and really really didnt want to go. pulled over, had it towed....not a drop of oil in it. something in the intake had broken and all her oil went into the cylinders....that bitch was running with literally no oil.

Impounded
    gmcheviac

^my sister after I stop being required to nag about/take care of her brand new cars. In her brand new in '06 Cobalt she bent two aluminum factory 16" wheels with plenty of sidewall, then later knocked out the radio and bent the whole right front suspension on one curb encounter with me in the car. The body panels didn't match up after that on the right side either She'll run oil forever, full throttle as soon as the engine starts even in winteer and run the fairly thin tires on her Rogue's 17's at 15 lbs until she brings it back home a few months later. Every boyfriend she's ever had is useless when it comes to cars as well. And forget tellin her to use decent name brand gas... My mom (a real car person) stays on track with maintenance/tire pressure.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 2000SSM6 View Post
    Try a impact driver next time. Those areas of the brakes are prone to crud and corrosion.
    my experience has been by the time I get done screwing around with them to get them out I can have them drilled out and the rotors changed. Just easier and quicker.

your parts guy!!! 1fastcamarosss11's Avatar

trans am 00 ws6
    1998 camaro ss vert

well we have an 04 with 83k on it no problems but one alt. that was replaced by the dealer. oil changes and the brakes. the brakes are easy to change. front and back. i didnt read all the replies. but i would get another one in a min. to know my family is safe. and we use this as the daily driver. so if this girl would have got or noticed the brakes sooner would you still post this? most people know when there is a problem with there car.
    to each there own i guess. but if i can get a car/ suv to get me 83k (plus) and all i have to do is one alt. oil changes, brakes, and tires im in.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Racist bastard. They are SlopeMobiles.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 1fastcamarosss11 View Post
    well we have an 04 with 83k on it no problems but one alt. that was replaced by the dealer. oil changes and the brakes. the brakes are easy to change. front and back. i didnt read all the replies. but i would get another one in a min. to know my family is safe. and we use this as the daily driver. so if this girl would have got or noticed the brakes sooner would you still post this? most people know when there is a problem with there car.
    to each there own i guess. but if i can get a car/ suv to get me 83k (plus) and all i have to do is one alt. oil changes, brakes, and tires im in.
    our durango has 115k on it and the only thing I've had to do to it was an egr valve.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by Spikito View Post
    My grandad had a shop until recently....changed a girls oil, dunno what it was in, i know it was some compact car, dunno if it was domestic or import, but her oil was thick..like syrup.....got the change done, filled it up.

when i went to put a new sticker in the window...i checked how long it had been since her last change....She said it was last summer, before she left for school, and it was summer again...did the math....28,000 miles since her last oil change.
    Dumbass... Girls like that make me look bad...

I change my own dam oil every 3-4 months.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information