2000 Pewter SS
    2004 Blue R6

XBOX/360: 2 new flying games coming OVER G FIGHTERS, & BLAZING ANGELS: WWII squadron

i might actually get back into video games for these two games(and tourist trophy as well)
    :drool2:

Over G Fighters (formerly called World Airforce)
    for 360 not out yet

HD Trailer (the first 3:15 is flying around, the last :45 is missles blowing up)
    http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...70/vids_1.html

September 16, 2005 - In the far side of Xbox 360's booth we recently put in some hands-on time with Taito's World Airforce. The game combines near photorealistic visuals with high speed combat in the world's most deadly aircraft. Ace combat has taught us how much fun can be had in a fighter jet and it looks like this title might follow suit.

The mission we jumped into provided players with five minutes to intercept a number of bogies. The HUD includes all of the information one would expect from a flight simulator including altitude and fuel as well as some indicators showing the position of nearby enemies. Locking on to a target was as simple as placing them within range, waiting for a reticule to lock-on and firing off a missile. Of course the targets can fire back, so keeping track of your position is critical. Flying aimlessly will allow enemy craft to get around behind you and launch some of their own attacks. Our first experience with the game ended with such an experience, leaving nothing left of our jet but a cloud of smoke and falling debri.

Players have the option of a few cockpit views including one that is mostly just the heads up display and a seat inside the plane. It was difficult to keep our eye on the target while admiring the pretty visuals of our surroundings. The level starts as players shoot over the ocean towards a coastal metropolis. Almost everyone we witness playing immediately dropped their altitude to get a closer look at the sparkling water. It wasn't until we took a nose-dive into the city that we noticed some blurring of textures on the ground surrounding the buildings.

The navigation system issued warnings for improper flying methods like buzzing the tops of buildings and taking the jet straight up towards the sun. The controls were mapped to the left analogue stick and required players to bank the plane by pushing left or right and then accelerate into a turn.

World Airforce appears as though it will include realistic aircraft and arcade influenced combat. Keep your eyes on the sky for more information about this title.

and my true passion WWII fighters :drool2:
    Blazing Angels: WWII Squadrons
    this ones already out i believe and available for regular xbox too.

3 page review (8.5)
    http://reviews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360...ns-of-WWII/p1/

GREAT video preview
    http://media.xbox360.ign.com/media/7...21/vids_2.html

cant find any in game shots. im sure minty will pop in though

i might buy a 360 and get back into games. i really like these two...

YOW Pookie's gone postal! Motrv8d Steve's Avatar

Black
    1998 Camaro Z28

I got an Xbox for Xmas, and these look truly amazing. When does the Over G Fighters come out?
    thanks for letting us know. That trailer is incredible! Talk about photo-realism...
    I'm not very good yet as I'm just learning all over again since I haven't played Vid games for many years...

I meant to say Xbox 360... my gf got up at 4am to win a yahoo auction. She's awesome.
    Last edited by Motrv8d Steve; 03-24-2006 at 03:22 PM.

2000 Pewter SS
    2004 Blue R6

im not sure when Over G comes out. but i believe its only coming out on Xbox360, and not Xbox

'57,'63,'70,'91,'01

Damn! I need one!

Rob 94Hawk 319
    Oh, those look bad ass!!! I can't wait! It'll be nice once more good games start coming out for the 360.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

You can download the demo for Blazin free on the Live marketplace...it's a ok game, could be better. I bought Oblivion the other day...best F'in game ever, and i'm not even into RPG's.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

I am sure both of these titles will be released for pc aswell.

Hell if you get the pc version I am sure it will be easier to get into online dogfights with human opponents or is the xbox's online capabilities have a strong online server aswell?

Thread Information