Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

x-mas ramblings....8 days away

My kids have a pretty good xmas in front of them. At 6 and 9 they're finally old enough to start getting cool shit. I've noticed as they get older the gifts get more expensive so the actual number of gifts has went down but the quality is going up. They both made lists and got everything on their lists plus a few other odds and ends. Chloe's getting an ipod, new bike, baby alive doll, karaoke machine, monster high dolls, easy bake oven, and a 3' tall Barbie house with dolls plus a bunch of smaller odds and ends. Zach is getting an airsoft gun with 5000 rounds extra clips extra speed loaders, lego clone tank, nerf blaster, beyblades, swiss army knife, and electronic drums plus odds and ends. Chloe will have more to open but Zach's actually cost more. The damn lego tank was $150 and his drums were $400. Zach is a fairly sensible little dude. He made his whole list for santa and on the list were new socks and jeans......how many here asked for clothes when they were 9?? I damn sure didn't.
    I had my wife go get him some cologne for his stocking because he always asks to put mine on when we go to dinner and stuff. What did she come home with? Stetson. I told her there's no way she's giving him Stetson that I would wear it and we'd get him something that wasn't in style in the 80's. No shit...in 1988 an aunt give me a Stetson gift pack for graduation that came with a free wallet......I still use the wallet.
    Me and the wife normally don't really get anything for each other. Just something we can open with the kids and we'll take the kids out and let them pick something small up for us. I bought myself a treestand this fall that I considered my xmas present and she bought a kindle fire hd. This year however I ordered her a bunch of Rachael Ray stuff and I'm going to get her a Keurig coffee maker. I saw her eyeballing my buddies keurig over the summer. We put a few gifts out under the tree today and it's driving Chloe crazy....she just can't stand having them there and not knowing what they are. It's fun watching her try to figure everything out. She's the reason that I taped every seam on her gifts because she's the one that'll be peeling seams to see the end of the box. Not gonna get me with the same tricks I pulled.

blue
    1999 TransAm

i've still got shopping left to do

Silver 2002 WS.6
    Red 1989 Formula

Stetson, that is great

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    I think we're pretty much all done....I still have to get the coffee maker but that's about it.

Quote Originally Posted by silverWS6 View Post
    Stetson, that is great
    I know right? wtf was she thinking? I guess that's one way to guarantee he never gets laid....make him smell 40. That's part of my problem.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Our kids are almost the same. My son is 18, my daughter is 9.

He tends to get less in volume but more $$$ amount. She gets a shit load but hers average $10-$30.

She also likes to try to sneak peaks too.

Navy Blue Metallic

I'm smart, let my wife handle kids and others, I just get hers & take the kids to look for her.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Baylen is the odd man out this year.....he got a couple of things from Santa just to make it look legit in front of Zach/Chloe but IMO at 2 months old he won't even realize xmas happened so if it were up to me we wouldn't get him anything this year. Speaking of Santa....this is the last year for Zach I think. He's asking way to many questions and you can tell that it just isn't adding up to him. Now I just gotta threaten him enough when he figures it out so he doesn't tell Chloe.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

And from 1988...

98 Formula
    06 duramax

anyone a coffee drinker? I'm not and looking at keurig's I have no idea what I'm looking at or what she needs really. I just know she liked my buddies. I could always call him and see what he has I guess. What's the draw to keurig? The one's I see look like they just make 1 cup at a time....do they brew fast or something? What if you have 2 or 3 people that want a cup of coffee? She has a bunn now that I bought her several years ago.....know as much about coffee makers now as I did then.

2016 Camaro SS - Summit
    2001 Trans Am WS6 - NBM

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    anyone a coffee drinker? I'm not and looking at keurig's I have no idea what I'm looking at or what she needs really. I just know she liked my buddies. I could always call him and see what he has I guess. What's the draw to keurig? The one's I see look like they just make 1 cup at a time....do they brew fast or something? What if you have 2 or 3 people that want a cup of coffee? She has a bunn now that I bought her several years ago.....know as much about coffee makers now as I did then.
    They are one-cup coffee (or hot tea etc) brewers, they are fast. You insert a 'K-cup', hit the button and you'll have a hot cup of Joe in about 15-20 seconds. There are a LOT of different companies embracing the k cup stuff, so there are a lot of choices out there. We have one at work, so now I don't have to deal with the boss's horribly strong and funny tasting black death lol.

As far as which model to get...looks to me they all do the same, some just look nicer than others.

2016 Summit White 1SS - The DD - Mishimoto catch can, Solo axleback & secondary cat delete, LED sidemarkers & reverse lights, head/taillight blackout, RCC custom badges
    2001 NBM Trans Am WS6 - Torquer V2 cam, Yank 3000 stall, Transgo kit, Racetronix fuel pump, TSP LTs, Magnaflow catback, Strano Springs/Koni STR.T shocks, 17x9.5/17x11 TTII's
    2000 Arctic White SS #1667 - Sold

2002 WS6
    1965 Mustang

Wow thats alot of stuff they are getting. Lucky kids.

As for the coffee maker, get the one closet to the friends she was eyeballing.

Navy Blue Metallic

Plus a box of 18 k cups cost around $9-$13 a box with many different options of type & brands.

We use it in my office, great because no wasted coffee, clean up is tossing the k cup in the trash and washing your cup.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    Plus a box of 18 k cups cost around $9-$13 a box with many different options of type & brands.

We use it in my office, great because no wasted coffee, clean up is tossing the k cup in the trash and washing your cup.
    I asked for another early present.....a win Sunday so I'll have bragging rights for another couple years.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I asked for another early present.....a win Sunday so I'll have bragging rights for another couple years.
    That's no present, more like a fore gone conclusion, it's December so it's just a matter of time for him to choke.

Black & Blue
    '02 WS.6 / '07 Suburban

The actual Keurig brewers are a bit pricey. Bought a Mr. Coffee version for around $40 less and it works great.

Living the Dream LS1FirehawkWS6's Avatar

2000 Trans-Am
    2007 Silverado 2500HD LTZ

I typically do 75-90% of my shopping on the 23rd. I go fairly early in the morning, never run into traffic, and I've never waited in line. The only risk I run is the store not having the item I want in stock. Only had that happen once, and I got her a gift cert. to that store instead.

My co-workers and I usually get each other gag gifts. We get a few good laughs out of it. =)

red
    95 Z28

Finished up the last of my shopping today

Also got out the pieces in the mail that my grandmother commissioned me to build as gifts for other family members

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Finished up the last of my shopping today

Also got out the pieces in the mail that my grandmother commissioned me to build as gifts for other family members
    I gotta know what this is.....not your grandma in particular but my whole experience is grandma's can give the corniest shit on the planet. One of the biggest regrets I've ever had was tossing a pillow my grandma gave me and my wife. It was the ugliest damn pillow I've ever seen.....it was a little small couch pillow covered in different colored flowers made out of fabric. One ugly ass pillow. I tossed it in the trash a year or two later when I found it in a box. I really regret doing that.....it would've made for a great story about my grandma.

red
    95 Z28

Little pieces of metal art (palm trees with hammocks, little chairs, etc) made of steel and copper. Stuff people can put on their desks or whatever. It's not corny shit, it takes me 6-8 hours minimum to make each piece.

blue
    1999 TransAm

Quote Originally Posted by LS1FirehawkWS6 View Post
    I typically do 75-90% of my shopping on the 23rd. I go fairly early in the morning, never run into traffic, and I've never waited in line. The only risk I run is the store not having the item I want in stock. Only had that happen once, and I got her a gift cert. to that store instead.
    ...strangely my plan seems to be headed this way

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information