Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

If in this guys shoes I would have tried going back in as well.....no damn taser would stop me...

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    If in this guys shoes I would have tried going back in as well.....no damn taser would stop me...
    I would not be surprised to see A.) a GIANT lawsuit come out of this and B.) some type of revenge thing stem from it...

Navy Blue Metallic

maybe, maybe not.......I can see the LEO's point of view in the situation in that they were trying to prevent another possible death.

Without being there to see the fire can't say they made a bad call.

Not every one is a hero. Unfortunately too many ppl think a hero is someone that get's a high salary for playing a sport or acting in some movie/tv show.

White
    2002 VY SS

I have been to many house fires with a few involving the loss of children. You can the pick the mother out of the crowd from a mile off. The expression on their face and the noise they make will sit with me forever. On two occasions the father arrived with full intentions of entering the building. The first time it was up to myself and a fellow firie to tackle the guy to the ground as police had not yet arrived, the second time police were already there and had to physically detain him.

As a parent of 3 kids I have gone over in my head a thousand times of what I'd do in the same situation and I'm afraid I'd do the same. It is a parental instinct I guess. However it doesn't matter how tough anyone thinks they are, it's a statistical likelihood that unless you have your hands on the child within the first couple of minutes of the fire starting then you probably won't survive the event.

A small fire starting in an average room can take only 4 minutes to reach over 800C/1500F. And that's if the smoke allows you to get that far. So in the end the mother will also lose her husband and any remaining children will also lose their father. Not to mention the fire fighters that will put themselves at extra risk to save him.

So I guess what I'm saying is if there was time for emergency services to arrive on scene (ie police) in the above situation then I believe they saved his life. On the other hand if what witnesses said is true that the father was tazed twice after being cuffed then I think the police stepped over the line. Surely he could have been removed without further tazing.

Pevention is better than cure I say. Rather than discuss what we would do if it was our kid, plan what you would do to prevent it from happening in the first place. .

My 2c

BLACK
    1998 PONTIAC TA

Well said.

Navy Blue Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by Firebug View Post
    I have been to many house fires with a few involving the loss of children. You can the pick the mother out of the crowd from a mile off. The expression on their face and the noise they make will sit with me forever. On two occasions the father arrived with full intentions of entering the building. The first time it was up to myself and a fellow firie to tackle the guy to the ground as police had not yet arrived, the second time police were already there and had to physically detain him.

As a parent of 3 kids I have gone over in my head a thousand times of what I'd do in the same situation and I'm afraid I'd do the same. It is a parental instinct I guess. However it doesn't matter how tough anyone thinks they are, it's a statistical likelihood that unless you have your hands on the child within the first couple of minutes of the fire starting then you probably won't survive the event.

A small fire starting in an average room can take only 4 minutes to reach over 800C/1500F. And that's if the smoke allows you to get that far. So in the end the mother will also lose her husband and any remaining children will also lose their father. Not to mention the fire fighters that will put themselves at extra risk to save him.

So I guess what I'm saying is if there was time for emergency services to arrive on scene (ie police) in the above situation then I believe they saved his life. On the other hand if what witnesses said is true that the father was tazed twice after being cuffed then I think the police stepped over the line. Surely he could have been removed without further tazing.

Pevention is better than cure I say. Rather than discuss what we would do if it was our kid, plan what you would do to prevent it from happening in the first place. .

My 2c
    Very well said.

Black / White

Navy Blue Metallic

I just read that....and what's funny is if you follow what the 1st Lady food mentality is, the Dad should have been awarded a medal and the Mother serving a 5 yr child abuse sentence for feeding their kid McDonalds.
    Last edited by SMWS6TA; 11-08-2013 at 05:27 AM.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    I just read that....and what's funny is if you follow what the 1st Lady food mentality is, the Dad should have been awarded a medal and the Mother serving a 5 yr child abuse sentence for feeding their kid McDonalds.
    exactly...so New York banned large soft drinks "it eventually got overturned"...the 1st lady is on a health kick even though every picture I see of her involves her stuffing her face...but this guy gets hammered for saying no to his kid? our world is pretty screwed up...

Thread Information