Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Wrecked the SS yesterday

I was on my way to work yesterday morning around 5:30 am and was listening to the police scanner as usually and I hear of a head on 2 car collision on the south by-pass. Thats the road I was on so I start lookin for the wreck. It was still dark and was raining pretty good. I went a couple miles and was going around 50 mph trying to figure out where the accident was. I was approaching a red light and it was green and about the time a go through it I found the wreck alright couldnt see the cars till I was right up on them. Its a 4 lane highway and both cars took up my 2 lanes. I jerked it to the right hard as a could and locked it down barely missing the 2 wrecked cars. I almost saved it but beacause of the wet payment it slid to far and my left front wheel nailed a side walk curb. Crazy thing was the way it hit on the wheel probally prevented my car from flipping. I jump out of my car and check on the other 2 cars, one guy was okay the other had to be taken to the hospital as a precaution. The idiots were sitting in their cars the whole time. Stayed there until the cops come. About 5 minutes later here comes an 18 wheeler doesnt see them either and slides through the intersection barely missing both cars. It was impossiable to see the wrecked cars till you were right up on them. If I had not heard of the wreck on my scanner there is no doubt I would have hit the cars and someone might have been killed. I was not hurt at all thank God. But the pisser is when I called my State Farm insurance they say it will be my insurance that will pay. Its a 1 car accident for me because their wreck already happened. That really sucks !!!!! I did good to miss those cars but in wrecking my car I have to pay. I think the other people insurance should pay since their wreck caused me to wreck but they dont look it that way. It knocked my wheel back against the fender not sure what in all is damaged, wrecker had to haul it off. Just hope the frame is not damaged. Could have been much worse, made me sick but I am alive and not hurt so all is good.
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 03-17-2007 at 05:17 PM.

2016 Silverado Z71
    1999 Camaro SS #1437

no body damage thats a good thing

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Geezus, I hope the frame is not bent.

At least you are okay and it looks like you can repair her!

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Glad your allright, damn I better park my Z-28 for a while. Looks like some kind of f-body accident bug is going around! Just messing with you, hope it can be fixed and back on the road soon.

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

It almost looks like the lower and upper control arms are bent the way the tire is pushed back into the fender. I just hope it didn't warp the strut tower.
    Best of luck to you.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

sorry to hear about the wreck
    but atleast u are ok!!

Impounded

silver
    02 modified z28

Quote Originally Posted by rrgray8 View Post
    I was on my way to work yesterday morning around 5:30 am and was listening to the police scanner as usually and I hear of a head on 2 car collision on the south by-pass. Thats the road I was on so I start lookin for the wreck. It was still dark and was raining pretty good. I went a couple miles and was going around 50 mph trying to figure out where the accident was. I was approaching a red light and it was green and about the time a go through it I found the wreck alright couldnt see the cars till I was right up on them. Its a 4 lane highway and both cars took up my 2 lanes. I jerked it to the right hard as a could and locked it down barely missing the 2 wrecked cars. I almost saved it but beacause of the wet payment it slid to far and my left front wheel nailed a side walk curb. Crazy thing was the way it hit on the wheel probally prevented my car from flipping. I jump out of my car and check on the other 2 cars, one guy was okay the other had to be taken to the hospital as a precaution. The idiots were sitting in their cars the whole time. Stayed there until the cops come. About 5 minutes later here comes an 18 wheeler doesnt see them either and slides through the intersection barely missing both cars. It was impossiable to see the wrecked cars till you were right up on them. If I had not heard of the wreck on my scanner there is no doubt I would have hit the cars and someone might have been killed. I was not hurt at all thank God. But the pisser is when I called my State Farm insurance they say it will be my insurance that will pay. Its a 1 car accident for me because their wreck already happened. That really sucks !!!!! I did good to miss those cars but in wrecking my car I have to pay. I think the other people insurance should pay since their wreck caused me to wreck but they dont look it that way. It knocked my wheel back against the fender not sure what in all is damaged, wrecker had to haul it off. Just hope the frame is not damaged. Could have been much worse, made me sick but I am alive and not hurt so all is good. Heres some pics.......

Attachment 10597

Attachment 10598

Attachment 10599

Sorry about the wreck and glad you are ok. But I don't think that they caused you to wreck.

You were in control of your vehicle, not them. If it was wet outside and you were looking for a wreck. Maybe you should have been doing 40 or less.
    Last edited by odinsonthor; 03-17-2007 at 09:18 AM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by odinsonthor View Post
    Sorry about the wreck and glad you are ok. But I don't think that they caused you to wreck.
    You were in control of your vehicle, not them. If it was wet outside and you were looking for a wreck. Maybe you should have been doing 40 or less.

Green
    1993 Mazda MX-6 LS

Dang, sorry to hear that. Yesterday wasn't a good day for driving from what I've read. It wasn't the 13th... so I guess we'll need to watch out for Friday the 16th now...

Yea, I absolutely cannot stand going through a traffic light durin a rainy night, and the whole windshield turns green (or yellow ), and you can't see anything in front of you till a few seconds afterwards, 'cuz it still takes a little for my eyes to adjust to the road.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I Hate 3.16.07

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I Hate 3.16.07
    +1 sorry bout your ride dude ...that was an awesome car

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

thanks bro.

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

the pics didnt work for me but hopefully you can get your car back on the road soon. I am very sorry to hear about the f bod accidents.. kinda glad I didnt take mine anywhere yesterday.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    the pics didnt work for me but hopefully you can get your car back on the road soon. I am very sorry to hear about the f bod accidents.. kinda glad I didnt take mine anywhere yesterday.
    i dont know what happen with the pics ...its says invalid attachment

Red
    2000 Camaro SS #2364

That sucks, Glad your ok, I hope you get the ride fixed good as new!

black
    94z

i work in a body shop and from what you said it doesnt sound too bad. you could probably fix the car yourself and save alot of money. just get under it find out what was bent, most likely control arms and possibly spindle. put the stuff on it and have it alligned. i highly doubt frame damage for the strut tower to be moved it would have to be hit high and the fender to hood gap would be, well there would be no gap. any questions just holler. Tim

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

here are the pics again

Attachment 10619

Attachment 10620
    Last edited by Speedy_Gonzales; 03-29-2007 at 07:08 PM.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by luciangage View Post
    i work in a body shop and from what you said it doesnt sound too bad. you could probably fix the car yourself and save alot of money. just get under it find out what was bent, most likely control arms and possibly spindle. put the stuff on it and have it alligned. i highly doubt frame damage for the strut tower to be moved it would have to be hit high and the fender to hood gap would be, well there would be no gap. any questions just holler. Tim
    fender to hood gap is wider now.....fender is against door

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Quote Originally Posted by luciangage View Post
    i work in a body shop and from what you said it doesnt sound too bad. Tim
    you wanna tell me my future too? http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44485

rrgray8: you're lucky yours was an innocent accident man. It totally sucks that it happened out of your control

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    you wanna tell me my future too? http://www.ls1.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44485

rrgray8: you're lucky yours was an innocent accident man. It totally sucks that it happened out of your control
    i am trying to look on the bright side...had i not heard about it on my scanner i probally would have been going faster and hit both of the cars when i came through the red light...then when i see pics of your car i think now that guy with a much nicer car has major damgage so i need to complain very little....cars can be fixed ...glad we are both not hurt...i should find out next week the extent of the damage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information