White
    2008 Hummer H3

Wow! New computer monitor came today!

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

OMFG! i would want to murder that dude!

Pewter metallic
    2000 Camaro SS

I think I would be showing his supervisor that video.

ʢ ൧ ൨ ൩ ൪ ൫ ൬ ൭ ൮Ր Ց Ւ Փ Smittro's Avatar

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I agree.

If you go to youtube and roll down to the comments there are actually people sticking up for the FedEx guy..

I really think there's no excuse for it, especially if what the OP states is true about the front door being open and a bell to ring on the gate..

White
    2008 Hummer H3

If you guys liked that one you'll love this one..OMG!

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Official FedEx apology

Guess they had to respond quickly since the original video got 4+ million views in a couple of days.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i see two sides here... looks like a closed gate and on the other side the obvious... granted the guy could have left a "pick you shit up at our office" note...

White
    2008 Hummer H3

It's not the only FedEx video out there with these kinds of things, there are also some UPS videos out there too.

I only however see it one way as business owner myself, and that is, that the customer is always right, even if I know they're totally wrong in reality.

Videos, and other issues made public such as this, though FedEx is a huge corp. can irreversibly damage a companies reputation.

Especially if quality of service is on high priority.

Customer satifaction = continued patrons and potential new customers.....
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-22-2011 at 07:16 AM.

Sunset Orange Metalic
    2001 Camaro SS

Only an asshole could do something like that and not care, hope karma comes his way

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

the drivers that drop off parts at my workplace aren't like that...but the condition of the boxes when they get there...well...you can tell that several people along the way didn't give a flying fuck what condition my customers get their stuff in.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 1MileCrash View Post
    the drivers that drop off parts at my workplace aren't like that...but the condition of the boxes when they get there...well...you can tell that several people along the way didn't give a flying fuck what condition my customers get their stuff in.
    Same here. My UPS and Fedex guys are great. Always bring my packages to my door and if I don't come to the door, they know not to ring my bell because my dogs are maniacs But, occasionally the boxes do show up looking like they were the heavy artillery weapons in a box throwing war...

Epoxy Block atm
    '68 Firebird LS1

Glad that at least Fedex addressed the video, but I'm with those the drivers I deal with for UPS (not sure about Fedex as I've mostly just dealt with UPS), have been respectful and come to my door and ring it to make sure I'm aware that they are dropping off a package, if there are no signature required. They also always leave it in a spot where it's hard to see from the street, but easy for us to get and find whenever we do get home.

White
    2008 Hummer H3

I've also never had trouble with either shipping company, even when I have to pick things up @ the freight docks because it too heavy for UPS or FedEx I've never had any touble in anyway..

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

When I get a box that looks like it's been through a war, My UPS guy always has me open it while he's there so if anything is damaged, he can take it back right then and there. He says sometimes they get messed up on the conveyers

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    i see two sides here... looks like a closed gate and on the other side the obvious... granted the guy could have left a "pick you shit up at our office" note...
    how are there 2 sides? I only see 1 side.....someone throwing a frigin monitor over a fence. There's no way that's even close to being justifiable. It was pretty obvious it was a monitor too so he knew exactly what he threw over the fence.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Official FedEx apology

Guess they had to respond quickly since the original video got 4+ million views in a couple of days.
    reminds me of every overpaid higher up at every company I've ever worked for. I see his lips moving but I only hear " I'm full of shit....you can't believe anything I say. I have no idea what it means to work for a living yet I make more money than 99% of the people in my company. To make it look like I'm not full of shit I'm going to move my hands a lot so it looks like I really mean what I say."

White
    2008 Hummer H3

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    how are there 2 sides? I only see 1 side.....someone throwing a frigin monitor over a fence. There's no way that's even close to being justifiable. It was pretty obvious it was a monitor too so he knew exactly what he threw over the fence.
    reminds me of every overpaid higher up at every company I've ever worked for. I see his lips moving but I only hear " I'm full of shit....you can't believe anything I say. I have no idea what it means to work for a living yet I make more money than 99% of the people in my company. To make it look like I'm not full of shit I'm going to move my hands a lot so it looks like I really mean what I say."
    Even though I have yet to have any issues with either FedEx or UPS I have to totally agree here.
    That guy seemed to sorta step up his pace a little getting back to the truck.
    I also agree he knew what it was, that's why he gave the quick look back before leaving.

Imho in the last 10-15 years customer service has gone to shit, and many times very large companies will either not reemburse(sp) or only let you exchange an item.

I also have to agree with your second post, as the only reason FedEx even came out to say anything was because the video went viral within a few hours.
    There are other videos online such as this that got less attention and nothing was ever said by any CEO. or otherwise.

In one of the UPS videos the driver all but came out and told the customer "f&ck off" and walked away like the customer was just a faceless idiot.
    These "too big to fail" corps. have no care for any one single complaint till someone makes it "hurt" a little.
    Even then,, sometimes nothing gets done as they know the BBB is over whelmed and may never get to thier case.
    Or they just pay the maxium fines which are usually jokes as a whole and lack any kind of monitary leverage, and the Corp continues status quo undetered.

Sad to say it gets worse with the USPS at least from my experiance.
    I can't count how many times materials I had purchased were lost, tossed on the portch or drive way to my business, left in plain sight, or even in the rain.
    I've even had them jam an item so deep into my mail box I had to ruin the mail box to get it out.
    My persol favorite is having to go to a main branch USPS hub and retrieve items that never got delivered.
    I am also sad to say I've even had items stolen by local USPS carriers and had to file complants with the Post Master General..

The addage, "you get what you pay for" is fast becomming a thing of the past,, imho...
    Last edited by Smittro; 12-23-2011 at 03:46 AM.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

NAIL ON THE HEAD WINNER!! That video pained me as much as the box throwing.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

How do we know the guy didn't tell the driver to throw his packages over the fence? Or isn't standing there to catch them for that matter?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Quote Originally Posted by INMY01TA View Post
    How do we know the guy didn't tell the driver to throw his packages over the fence? Or isn't standing there to catch them for that matter?
    Would you tell him to throw your tv/monitor over a 6 ft fence? Common sense says no..

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information