Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Would you demand reimbursement?

I took the speed6 in to get checked out after owning it for 2 days and the CEL came on. Turns out piston 3 was misfiring because the dealer I bought it from "certified" had detailed it and water got on the plugs and fouled them up. No big deal but Mazda charged me $255 for new plugs, wires, and coils. Clearly the car had water on the plugs when I bought it being that it hasn't rained here since I purchased it. They haven't said no the sales manager is talking with another upper manager about paying me back but I feel like I deserve the refund.

Blue
    09 Nissan Altima

yeah, if you've owned it only 2 days i'd say they should have fixed for free.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

i would demand a refund as well...

Giant Dicks Car Club Zapper2003's Avatar

2005 Ram
    1978 Firebird

I guess thats why NY state makes the dealers, any dealer, warranty engine and drivetrain for 90 days after purchase. Sounds like engine to me. Good luck eitherway.

sold: 1999 firebird
    1998 Trans Am

this is why i never buy from a fawking dealership. set the lot on fire if you dont get YOUR money back, total BS IMO

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

Its bullshit because they said they warrant their cars for 3 months/3k miles off the lot. I called those fuckers yesterday and told them about my CEL and they said take it to a Mazda dealer because I still have a warranty. If people would be fucking men and handle their shit the world would be a better place. And after I shelled out almost 16k for a car, (30%) down too they want to bitch about covering a $250 dollar bill.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

Wonder if this would fall into lemon laws?

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

lemon law is for new vehicles

Doubt you'll get your money back but I hope you do...shitty dealer will prob just say they're maintenance items despite the water.
    Last edited by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn; 04-29-2010 at 02:02 PM.

Black
    1999 Z/28 M6

i don't think that lemon laws are strictly for new vehicles i think they apply to all licensed dealers...new and used vehicles. i know that the dealership i used to work for (used car lot) had to deal with lemon laws from time to time.

demand a refund and if they refuse take them to court.

White
    2003 Ram 2500

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn View Post
    lemon law is for new vehicles

Doubt you'll get your money back but I hope you do...shitty dealer will prob just say they're maintenance items despite the water.
    It depends on the state. Some states have used car lemon laws. One incident would not classify as a lemon law though. Did you buy the car from a Mazda dealer or just a used car dealer?

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Damn man! That sucks to hear. I had a my fog lamps on my Cobra were broken on delivery when they shipped it from Arizona to Virginia. Don't understand how but they were. The dealership took so long with paying me back the salesman sent me a check from his own account to cover the oem replacements I bought off E-bay! Talk about a stand-up guy! Not to mention he told me the Whipple 2.3 on it was the stock S/C from the factory because it said Ford Racing on the sticker... LOL! I so got a good deal from them. That was the best car salesman I have ever dealt with!

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I have to go in there tomorrow to provide my paystubs etc. before the deal is sealed. You can bet your ass they aren't getting a damn thing from me until I get my money.

Black
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by JHayesLS1 View Post
    I have to go in there tomorrow to provide my paystubs etc. before the deal is sealed. You can bet your ass they aren't getting a damn thing from me until I get my money.
    Did you already pay them the $250? I sure as hell would not have that should be covered under the 3 month warranty. I'll be damned if i'm paying 250 to fix a car that I don't technically own yet. I would have left the car there they can have it back. Never would have even opened my wallet, would have reached in my pocket and handed the keys back.

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

If people would be fucking men and handle their shit the world would be a better place. And after I shelled out almost 16k for a car, (30%) down too they want to bitch about covering a $250 dollar bill.
    i really think customer service is a thing of the past.now it's like business' attitude is tough shit if you have a problem,and they will try to find any excuse when it is obviously their fault,as in your case.you must really like the car,because it looks like the people you bought it from are incompetent (water getting into engine) and unwilling to fix their mistake.

1999 Formula WS6 M6-sold
    2001 Silverado Z71

Quote Originally Posted by transam98 View Post
    Did you buy the car from a Mazda dealer or just a used car dealer?
    Thats what I was wondering. Did a different dealer service the car then the one you bought it from?

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I got the money back, and they got their car back too. The store manager came down and asked if I had the 3k down payment I owed them, then after looking at the deal that we made it wasn't shown anywhere about a down payment but the bank wanted cash down. He said the only way I could keep it at the payment I had was to put the money down or I would have to return the car. Gave them the keys and left. I wish I could get some assistance as far as getting a loan on another LS1. I have about $2500 saved, but no bank is willing to finance a car at that age.

2011 Prius

Why not a C5? With decent credit and $3,000 down sure you can get a decent C5.

2011 Prius

GTO would be fairly easy also, maybe even an early CTS-V

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

I got the money back, and they got their car back too. The store manager came down and asked if I had the 3k down payment I owed them, then after looking at the deal that we made it wasn't shown anywhere about a down payment but the bank wanted cash down. He said the only way I could keep it at the payment I had was to put the money down or I would have to return the car. Gave them the keys and left. I wish I could get some assistance as far as getting a loan on another LS1. I have about $2500 saved, but no bank is willing to finance a car at that age.
    Carmax had a 02 Z with 52k for 12k last week I think it sold though...it was an auto though. They'll finance anything for anyone.

11 years of bangin gears cammed goat's Avatar

Phantom Black Metallic
    2004 GTO M6

ya gave the car back. Good man. NOW START LOOKIN FOR AN LSx CAR!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information