Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Talking Would you accept a mexican or a asain as the next president?

Someone of hispanic or asain ethinic background. If he/she was qualified................

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Depends on in which Mexican or Asian. Either one would have to be a Constitutional Conservative with a track record to get my vote. If they could fit the bill, then sure.

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

A candidate shouldn't be judged on the color of their skin, but on their credentials and qualifications.
    Boost gets you laid, unless your name is Jon.

red
    95 Z28

Are there even any Asian people involved in politics?

And there aren't any qualified Mexicans anyway

SOM
    2002 FireHawk

Quote Originally Posted by 35th-ANV-SS View Post
    A candidate shouldn't be judged on the color of their skin, but on their credentials and qualifications.

Amen! I don't care if your purple or green, just have some common sense and get the government out of debt! And leave my personal life out of your stupid plans. My Libertarian attitude showing again.

Just can't understand why folks can't leave their race issues at home, just like your sex life. No one gives a crap. Keep it to yourself.

Black / White
    '00 T/A M6/'19 Hemi Truck

I'd vote for Bobby Jindal any day of the week "he is technically an Indian"...guy damn near single handedly removed all the corruption out of Louisiana politics. Anybody who knows anything about that state knows that those corrupt roots were in REALLY deep. He has done a great job bringing in jobs, businesses, and got rid of a lot of business taxes which ultimately paved the way for the growth I just referenced...anybody notice how so many shows on TV are now based around or filmed in Louisiana...? Thats why
    Last edited by theorangeguy; 12-02-2013 at 05:54 AM.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    Either one would have to be a Constitutional Conservative with a track record to get my vote. If they could fit the bill, then sure.
    ^^This.

along with this.

Quote Originally Posted by 5.0THIS View Post
    Are there even any Asian people involved in politics?

And there aren't any qualified Mexicans anyway

Sorry only natural born Americans can run for the office of the President like 5.0 points out.

blue
    1999 TransAm

...how about we get back to the good 'ole days when the credentials were being a natural born citizen, a statesman/stateswoman, w/ good character, integrity, actually "likes" and respects america and the constitution (including all 10 amendments in the bill of rights), and isn't hell-bent on dividing the country in half through 24/7 campaigning via finger-pointing and partisan tongue?...

also, ...to the OP, ..."mexican" is a nationality, so that disqualifies half of the question right there...

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post
    ...how about we get back to the good 'ole days when the credentials were being a natural born citizen, a statesman/stateswoman, w/ good character, integrity, actually "likes" and respects america and the constitution (including all 10 amendments in the bill of rights), and isn't hell-bent on dividing the country in half through 24/7 campaigning via finger-pointing and partisan tongue?...

also, ...to the OP, ..."mexican" is a nationality, so that disqualifies half of the question right there...
    Both sides are hell bent on dividing and conquering...if the divide stops, they lose control of the votes...one side divides the poor, the "minorities", and the uneducated...the other divides the wealthy, the middle class tax payers, and the blue collar workers...

2000 Black TA M6 - LT's, ORY, UMI Short Stick, TT2's, Drilled/Slotted Rotors, Braided Lines, and Tuned by Vengeance SCCA and Car Show Approved
    2019 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Laramie Limited
    2015 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Sport Premium Hemi - Sold
    2010 Hemi Crew Cab Sport Premium - Tuner and HID's - Sold
    06 Quad Cab HHHHemi - Sold
    99 Hugger Orange Camaro - Sold
    97 Camaro - Sold

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by wileyCoyote View Post

I kind of assumed that he understood that and was referring to an American of Mexican heritage. (which I consider an oxymoron. You're either an American or not as far as I'm concerned no matter where your ancestors come from or what the color of your skin may be) CA is full of them, along with a ton of illegals...

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

So, based on that, none of us are Americans since we are all from a decent other than America at some point along our family trees. I'm confused.

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

So, based on that, none of us are Americans since we are all from a decent other than America at some point along our family trees. I'm confused.
    Just the opposite. I am Russian on my Mothers side and German, Pennsylvania Dutch, and a host of other European decent on my Fathers, but am 100% American. I am second and third generation on my Mothers side and my Father's ancestry has been traced back to the mid 1600's and has fought in every war this country has participated in.

But today, far too many people often attach their ancestry of other countries into their current status. ie; Mexican American = Oxymoron

Red
    02 35th LE Camaro SS

I understand. I misread your original comment. I thought you were saying that anyone with ancestors outside America were not American lol.

Navy Blue Metallic
    98 T/A w/ mods, 00 FBVert

Quote Originally Posted by KahanaReef View Post
    But today, far too many people often attach their ancestry of other countries into their current status. ie; Mexican American = Oxymoron

It's because over the last 40-50 yrs of Progressive division that unless you can identify yourself as a "minority" you can't get a special interest.

Just look at Sen Elizabeth Warren as an example - claims to be Native American

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by SMWS6TA View Post
    It's because over the last 40-50 yrs of Progressive division that unless you can identify yourself as a "minority" you can't get a special interest.

Just look at Sen Elizabeth Warren as an example - claims to be Native American
    she should have been crucified over that....but was she...? Nope...

White
    '10 ZR1

Would any of you accept another American caucasian man as the next President?

Arctic White
    2000 Camaro Z28

I've even heard talk about her being a 2016 hopeful

blue
    1999 TransAm

elizabeth warren exploited the race/identity/victim/socialjustice infrastructure at the heart of the "progressive orthodoxy" to further her career by claiming she was "native american", ...and all on a story of distant native american relatives she claimed was passed down in her family... surely we should just take her word for it

if you like your special interest affiliation, you can keep your special interest affiliation...

2002 Z28 A4 NBM
    Sadly now demodded :(

Okay boys and girls...

Decent = of an acceptable standard (It was a decent movie); Descent = the origin or background of a person (They are of Asian descent)...

And the origins or sex of the person running for Prez has less to do with it than their qualifications and character for me, i.e., Condi Rice would have my vote in a heartbeat!
    Last edited by 67CamaroRSSS; 12-02-2013 at 11:45 AM.

Black / White

Quote Originally Posted by 67CamaroRSSS View Post
    Okay boys and girls...

Decent = of an acceptable standard (It was a decent movie); Descent = the origin or background of a person (They are of Asian descent)...

And the origins or sex of the person running for Prez has less to do with it than their qualifications and character for me, i.e., Condi Rice would have my vote in a heartbeat!
    Condi had mine until she put her foot in her mouth...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information