Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black SVT & Silver WS6
    2003 SVT Cobra & 2002 WS6

Question Would you ‘black out’

Would you or have you ever ‘blacked out’ on a cop?
    No replacement for displacement.

Click for full size

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

Yes I have! A few times.

Huh?

Silver
    1998 WS6 M6

black out, meaning shut all the lights off and git up and go after you been seen doing somthing your not supose to be doing.

SUPREME member-oderator oneBADDz's Avatar

Custom Slate Blue
    99 B4C

many times, my game plan has always been the same, if they get behind me and flip the lights on I'll pull over they got me, but if I pass one and see the brake lights or if they are parked etc, I'm GONE. In my hometown one of their favorite spots was under an underpass a few blocks from my house, stupid on their part, they had to go to the other end of the underpass turn around and come back. Never had a chance, by the time they go 1/2 block, turn around and come back? please. In the fence before they know what kind of car they were after. Did it with my dad in the car once. . .

Quote Originally Posted by Capster78
    black out, meaning shut all the lights off and git up and go after you been seen doing somthing your not supose to be doing.
    Oh ok. I did that once.

I forget what I had done, but I knew he saw me, so a made a lightning fast right turn, and raced down the side road, an then just pulled in someone's driveway, and shut it down, and laid across the front seat and peaked out as he drove on by. Then I took off going the other way in a few minutes.

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

Yep did that once too.

I was driving down some back twisty road at the dead of night, and come across this car. Looked like he had his brite lights on so I flashed him. He flashed back but left his on. So I kicked the brights and fogs on. As I pass him I see its a cop and he's hitting the breaks. Lucky for me I knew the back roads by heart and it was a bitch of a place to hook a u-turn for him. FLicked the lights off and ran like hell.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I pulled somthing like BillyT did twice

Pewter Metallic
    2001 Trans Am WS.6

did it once to a cop who was in a explorer. I ducked into my gf's subdivision, which has no street lights at all and has a lot of corners and turns. He took a turn a bit too fast for the truck and damn near spun into a parked car. I headed down this one street which loops around and got back on the main road. I wish I coulda saw his face when he took that corner, any faster and he would have tipped over.

Black
    '97 Trans Am

I've done it a few times in my TA, but the funniest was in my truck. I had a bunch of friends in the bed and we were just driving around subdivisions just being your average dumbasses when we passed a cop. He saw me and the three kids in the bed but he was facing the other way so I made a quick turn and flipped off the lights. Then we pulled into a church parking lot and parked and everyone jumped out and we hid behind bushes and pillars and shit while he drove slowly around the parking lot a couple of times and then left. Pretty funny.

It would have been really funny if he found one of us hiding behind a bush or something. What would you say to him?
    Officer "Watcha doin there son in that bush?"
    17 Year old kid "Uhhh..... playing hide and seek? You're it!"

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Did it once in my 69 Mustang back when I was like 16, was flying down the interstate, a cop saw me, he slammed on the brakes, turned around in the dirt/grass median, but I kept accelerating, hit the first exit ramp, he went up the ramp too, but I killed the lights, turned around, and went the other way on the highway. He never saw me again!

Black
    2002 Camaro Z28 6-spd

im afriad to do that here in CA. just the chance of having a helicopter, 3 countys of sheriffs, SWAT, and the 5:00 news after me.

in NJ i wouldve, and my dad has (with an astro van), but they make too much of a deal about it out here.

NBM
    '00 Z28

I wouldn't be able to do that in my Z28 if I wanted to. Auto headlights wont shut off. Damn GM!

--Anyone know a fix?

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by toneloc60
    I wouldn't be able to do that in my Z28 if I wanted to. Auto headlights wont shut off. Damn GM!

--Anyone know a fix?
    http://www.xse.com/leres/ss/drl.html
    i think its the same for the camaro and the TA!?

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Hell I thought he ment blacked out like passed out... Yea but never on a cop......lol

Black
    2000 Camaro Z28

Never with a cop, a bunch of us kids drive around in our teucks with the lights out playin hide and seek in town sometimes at like 1 or 2 in the morning. But no never with the cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel P.
    Never with a cop, a bunch of us kids drive around in our teucks with the lights out playin hide and seek in town sometimes at like 1 or 2 in the morning. But no never with the cops.
    That sounds real safe.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

i 100% approve this thread. wow. i wish i had the balls to do this kinda shit, but i'm always caught on the highway with no exits and i'm the only dude on the road.

Trigger__2005
    As far as a quick fix for your daytime headlights, just pull your e-brake up one click (maybe 2). Shouldn't affect your driving any, but you wouldn't want to leave it up for long, i.e. couple minutes required to get away from the fuzz.

I have a few blackout stories, but how about 1/2 a blackout?
    Couple buddies in my '96 WS6, barreling around the back roads of Mt. Hood, OR late at night. Came up FAST on another car, and didn't realize it was a cop until I was only 1/8 of a mile or so behind him. Made the first right I could, we blacked out and parked in someone's driveway for a good 15 minutes or so and the cop never came down the street. Figured we were good, but I had to go back out and get on the same road that he was on! That road was like the only way to get back to my buddies house, going back was, no shit, a good 20 mile round trip.
    So we're pulling out on the road and I think to myself that all he saw was my headlights and round fogs coming towards him, so I flip off my fogs.
    Sure enough, he's sitting in the middle of the road about a mile up the street.
    I was in a cluster of cars at this point, and we rolled right by.

black
    1999 Camaro Z28 M6

Daytime running lights? You mean the little orange ones on the front? Because my headlights aren't on all the time...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information