Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Would this piss you off or ...

you couldn't care less. do you think this going to far?

POSTERS of a rosy, puffy cheeked newborn baby have provoked controversy in Italy because the infant is shown wearing a wristband name-tag with the word "homosexual" written on it.

The photograph of the baby is part of a anti-discrimination campaign launched by Tuscany's regional government and is accompanied by the slogan: "Sexual orientation is not a choice.''

"Homosexuality is not a vice and hence should not be condemned nor marginalised, or worse still persecuted,'' the Tuscany region's civil rights councillor Agostino Fragai told Milan-daily Corriere della Sera in a interview published today.

Thousands of copies of the poster have been printed, and will go up on city walls and public offices around Tuscany with the sponsorship of Italy's centre-left government's Equal Opportunities Ministry.

But while Italy's main gay rights group Arcigay said the campaign proved "Tuscany is at the forefront, and the rest of Italy should follow it,'' conservative politicians have condemned it.

"Exploiting newborns to suggest that homosexual tendencies are innate is a misleading and shameful act,'' said Lucio Volonte a leading parliamentarian for the Union of Christian Democrats.

Blog Entries

09 EclipseGT 75 Chevy 4x4
    2001 Trans-Am 13 F-XT

The Italians must got some bad weed. That shit is stupid.

i think its a bit to far...bad taste

Yeah a bit too far I agree.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

damn faggots are at it again

Green
    94 Camaro 3.4

*shrug*

Who gives 2 shits, seriously. Big whoop.

And also, I don't think you are "born gay".... while it may not like you wake up one morning and hmmmm, I feel like being a homo today, I think its got like 98.5% to do with your childhood. Just like every other complex or other mental development thing.

Red
    2001 ws6

its b.s these "people" i will call them because i dont want to offend anyone think that others care and support them.....guess wut....they dont.....being gay is a trend, "oo noone liked me so let me be gay and people will accept me in the gay community," fuck that get over urselves

Black
    1999 Camaro Z28

I agree. Homosexuality is a choice. Argure with me all you want but I will never be convinced anyone is born that way.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by B34M3R View Post
    *shrug*

Who gives 2 shits, seriously. Big whoop.

And also, I don't think you are "born gay".... while it may not like you wake up one morning and hmmmm, I feel like being a homo today, I think its got like 98.5% to do with your childhood. Just like every other complex or other mental development thing.
    +1... psychological problems or chemical or hormonal imbalance... not by birth.... maybe the stupid shits should spend the money for scientific proof of their theory instead of crappy propoganda...

Burple
    1966 427 Cobra Replica

I'll cede that there are potential genetic predispositions to homosexuality... just like there are genetic predispositions to violent behavior and sociopathy... that doesn't make them something to celebrate.

pie
    free

That's pretty gay.

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

“Not everyone can accept this teaching, but only those to whom it is given. For there are eunuchs who have been so from birth, and there are eunuchs who have been made eunuchs by others, and there are eunuchs who have made themselves eunuchs for the sake of the kingdom of heaven. Let anyone accept this who can.” (Matthew 19:11-12)

http://www.wouldjesusdiscriminate.co.../born_gay.html

Here Jesus identifies three classes of men who should not marry women. Taking his categories in reverse order, first, there are those who have made themselves “eunuchs” for the kingdom of heaven, i.e., those who foreswear marriage to better serve God. Second, he mentions those who have been “made eunuchs by others,” an apparent reference to castrated males. But Jesus mentions a third category — eunuchs who were born that way. Some might argue that Jesus was referring to males born without testicles, but this would be extremely rare. Moreover, this interpretation ignores how the term “born eunuchs” was used in other literature of the time.

In the ancient world, including ancient Jewish culture (as reflected in the Talmud), “natural” or “born” eunuchs were not associated with missing testicles. Rather, they were associated with stereotypically effeminate characteristics and behavior (just like modern gay men), and were thought by Rabbi Eliezer to be subject to “cure” (just like modern gays). Moreover, as we have also seen, eunuchs were commonly associated with homosexual desire.
    I vote they are born gay.

Red
    2001 ws6

i vote liking to suck dick isnt something your born with.....eh? ne1?

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by basballny2 View Post
    i vote liking to suck dick isnt something your born with.....eh? ne1?
    That sums up the thread right there

Red
    2001 ws6

haha thx man.....and my last point....therefore since your not born liking to suck dick being a "homosexual" (as ill put it nicely) is a choice not something your born with

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

i don't know where you guys have been the last two or so decades, but it's scientifically proven that sexual orientation is genetic. genes trigger hormones, hormonal balance in early growth stages of the individual decides over the sexual orientation. no choice. i know people who tried hard to be straight and at some point gave in to the fact that they just weren't. of course it's nothing to be proud of, but being staight is nothing to be proud of, either. i'm straight, happy with it, but it's not an achievement like being good at the job or being a volunteer firefighter or whatever! the whole gay pride thing began as a struggle for acceptance. that it's become fashionable with straight people is pretty ridiculous, but that phase will pass.
    once everybody accepts the normality of the whole thing, campaigns like the italian one will be obsolete!

and btw, non of my gay friends ever tried to hit on me or anything like that.

:end rant:

Black/Red
    2005 GTO

Quote Originally Posted by hamburger68 View Post

i don't know where you guys have been the last two or so decades, but it's scientifically proven that sexual orientation is genetic. genes trigger hormones, hormonal balance in early growth stages of the individual decides over the sexual orientation. no choice. i know people who tried hard to be straight and at some point gave in to the fact that they just weren't. of course it's nothing to be proud of, but being staight is nothing to be proud of, either. i'm straight, happy with it, but it's not an achievement like being good at the job or being a volunteer firefighter or whatever! the whole gay pride thing began as a struggle for acceptance. that it's become fashionable with straight people is pretty ridiculous, but that phase will pass.
    once everybody accepts the normality of the whole thing, campaigns like the italian one will be obsolete!

Most of the people that have a moral objection (thinly veiled reference to religious objection) will not accept science as an answer. If they did, we would not have the evolution thread for example.

This Light Dinner Is Over hamburger68's Avatar

Silver
    1998 Camaro Z28 A4

Quote Originally Posted by gwballin View Post
    Most of the people that have a moral objection (thinly veiled reference to religious objection) will not accept science as an answer. If they did, we would not have the evolution thread for example.
    i guess your right, i just had to get that out of my system. never been too fond of dogma&prejudice, i prefer dolce&gabbana.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

but it's not an achievement like being good at the job or being a volunteer firefighter or whatever!

OH MY GOD YOU DIDN'T!?!?! LMFAO!!!!!! Aaaaaahahahahaaaaaa.........

whew... that was good

Red
    2001 ws6

disagree 100%.....being gay has become a statement and im sick of all these faggs going around sprouting there gay pride....get over yourselves NO ONE CARES OR LIKES YOU except other gay people.....its ridiculous they want to be accepted but then they go do shit like this? come on keep to yourselves and go bak in the closet....people might still talk 2 u

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information