Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Worlds largest army

Not sure where this should go, but I think this spot would get the most viewers!

This is eye-opening!

In WWII, Japan 's highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University.

There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States . There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:
    -------------------------------------------------------

America's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran ; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan 's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia , and it is literally the case that the

hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.
    The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)
    As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.

Black
    2001 Camaro SS M6

Quote Originally Posted by cuervo25_1 View Post
    Not sure where this should go, but I think this spot would get the most viewers!

This is eye-opening!

In WWII, Japan 's highest ranking naval officer was Isoruku Yamamoto. Although he was Japanese, and his loyalties were unquestionably with The Empire, he studied for many years in America, graduating from Harvard University.

There is an oft-repeated (and sometimes disputed) quote attributed to him regarding the possibility of any nation taking a war to American soil:

"You cannot invade the mainland United States . There would be a rifle behind every blade of grass."

Here is why he was correct:
    -------------------------------------------------------

America's Hunters. The World's Largest Army.

The state of Wisconsin has gone an entire deer hunting season without someone getting killed. That's great, considering there were over 600,000 hunters that got permits this year.

Allow me to restate that number.

Over the last two months, the eighth largest army in the world - more men under arms than Iran ; more than France and Germany combined - deployed to the woods of a single American state to keep the deer population under control.

But that pales in comparison to the 750,000 who are in the woods of Pennsylvania this week. Michigan 's 700,000 hunters have now returned home. Toss in a quarter million hunters in West Virginia , and it is literally the case that the

hunters of those four states alone would comprise the largest army in the world.

And that is just FOUR states.
    The total population of registered hunters in America today ranges from 23 million to 43.7 million individuals. (Based on annual data provided by the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service.)
    As long as the American Hunter retains his right to Bear Arms, America will forever be safe from foreign invasion of troops.

Hunting - it's not just a way to fill the freezer. It's a matter of national security.
    WI FTMFW!!!! Great Post!!
    ┌∩┐(◕_◕)┌∩┐

Man: The Mods you are fighting,
    they are the biggest Men I have ever seen. I
    wouldn't want to fight them!

Me: That is why no one will remember your name!

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Now that's a slogan the NRA should use.

Black
    2001 Trans Am

wow, nice way to put things into perspective

I think we got a few guns down here in Texas too, lol

Black/Screaming Yellow
    99 S/C TA WS6 & 04 Cobra

Quote Originally Posted by scooley View Post

No way! A few million probably...

Steel blue pearlcoat
    2000 dodge intrepid

Yea here is another thing to think about. How many people own firearms but don't hunt? Yet the liberals refuse to see that it is a deterrant to crime and evasion by other countries. Kinda makes you wonder what the UN'S motives really are.

Black
    2002 Camaro SS (crashed)

I'm going to play Devil's advocate (flame suit on) In my home town of Long Beach, way too many shooting and accidents death of kids from guns. Now, I feel its a lack of education on firearms because "generally" that doesnt occur with kids that a raised by gun consious parents. However, the gun is still present and the accidents does occur. I don't want to see the 2nd Amendment striken. Yet a stricter critea on getting a license wouldn't fix this either because the accidents seem to be from from people with unregistered guns. There really is no easy solve for this. The denser a population of many faiths and cultures get; the more problems we'll see.

PS - I do like the OP article. I found it sad that the US trains many of the people who attack us, from Japan to 911.
    Last edited by Soltakr; 01-04-2011 at 07:45 AM.

White
    1999 Transam WS6

Wow, that's a pretty large variance...

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

we still can't keep the population down in PA... we also need a protester hunting season here as well...

Blackety Black
    35th Anniversary SS

Quote Originally Posted by Soltakr View Post
    I'm going to play Devil's advocate (flame suit on) In my home town of Long Beach, way too many shooting and accidents death of kids from guns. Now, I feel its a lack of education on firearms because "generally" that doesnt occur with kids that a raised by gun consious parents. However, the gun is still present and the accidents does occur. I don't want to see the 2nd Amendment striken. Yet a stricter critea on getting a license wouldn't fix this either because the accidents seem to be from from people with unregistered guns. There really is no easy solve for this. The denser a population of many faiths and cultures get; the more problems we'll see.

PS - I do like the OP article. I found it sad that the US trains many of the people who attack us, from Japan to 911.
    Keep in mind most of the accidents are with hand guns. We are talking rifles here, for hunting. You won't be waiting in the woods for an attacking nation with a sub compact, you would want a rifle. Good point though.

Tan 79 and Red 01
    79 Z28 & 01 SS SLP

Nope! I don't own any guns, sold them all....

Black
    1999 Trans Am

Just a thought....before you all start ragging on me Im a 21 year veteran of the U.S. Army and National Guard. But out of those millions of hunters armed with rifles that you're talking about....how many do you think would be in the woods if the deer were shooting back? just asking.

04 Cobra 'vert - M6 mysti
    02 WS6 coupe - A4 red

Quote Originally Posted by wicked1 View Post
    Just a thought....before you all start ragging on me Im a 21 year veteran of the U.S. Army and National Guard. But out of those millions of hunters armed with rifles that you're talking about....how many do you think would be in the woods if the deer were shooting back? just asking.
    Ha. Yeah hunters wouldn't feel nearly as macho about hiding in a tree to kill Bambi then.

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i say if deer shot back there would be MORE people out hunting them....... can't have deer running around shooting people! we would kill them all.

Impounded

Silver
    02 Camaro Z28

BWHA HAHAHHAHA! Good question. IMHO, the more danger involved in hunting the animal the more people that would do it.

IF the US ever got invaded the invading force had best not go through Michigan (where I grew up). EVERYONE has a ready-to-go bang stick at home.

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by krese View Post
    i say if deer shot back there would be MORE people out hunting them....... can't have deer running around shooting people! we would kill them all.

mankind loves sport... i'd say the numbers would be different but we'd still be out there and with different tactics to go with it... in a sense we'd be like the preditors and the deer would be like arnold...

autoconnectionllc.com 02transamce's Avatar

2007 Corvette
    Ebony

Wouldn't be a good idea to invade Alabama,do you know how many people in this state hunt,not just deer but ducks,turkey,ect.hell I don't hunt and never had a hunting license,but I do have a very powerful semi-automatic rifle 7.62 caliber that me and my wife both shoot often and wouldn't hesitate to use on a intruder or foreign invading army.
    Posted via Mobile Device

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Millions of gun owners that don't hunt. The 2nd amendment has nothing to do with hunting.

Black
    2001 Trans Am (sold)

Quote Originally Posted by Soltakr View Post

can you site the source for your statistics? The Brady Campaign To Prevent Gun Violence likes to preach that 8000 or so children die every year from handguns, problem is they don't tell you they consider anyone under the age of 21 a child. They'd like you to think 8000 toddlers find a gun in dads closet and kill themselves accidentally when in reality most are teen/adult gang bangers shooting and killing themselves over drugs and money.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

More kids drown than are killed by accidental discharge from guns every year in the USA.
    I think we should ban swimming.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information