Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Silver
    2000 TA LS1 A4w/ShiftKit

Workouts/Diets ?

I am looking for some tips on some good workouts and a good Diet 2 follow. Does anyone have any good sites/links or just advice ?
    I am looking to gain muscle mass and trim down some body fat. I get to the Gym bout 3 to 5 times a week. Gettn in about 20 min. of cardio and about 1hr to 1hr 20min of lifting. Jus got on some supplements jus the normal Whey Protein and Creatine also some NOS Pills to increase blood flow to the muscles. Any tips pointers or any kind of input would be helpfull.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

hehe i love this thread already.

step 1

Lift first, then cardio

2. Short duration, high intensity with your lifting
    3. Slow rep movements with heavy weight to failure on your third set. anything more then 3 sets and you arent pushing yourself. All the guys doing set after set arent working out hard, they are working out stupid
    4. supersets. For example immediately after benching go into some pushups or dips till failure.
    5. warm up sets. definitely lift a much lighter weight to warm up to avoid pulls and tears
    6. use whats available to you, that means both free weights and machines. dont get caught up in the "whats better" debate.
    7. dont waste too much time worrying about core training. do core work but only like once or twice a week. There are "trainers" in the gym that waste their clients money using nothing but bosu's and stability boards and swiss balls when theres 100k worth of real equipment available.

eating
    1. just eat clean and eat when you are hungry dont eat crap. If its sugary, refined, or "white" dont eat it.
    2. eat at regular times, your body likes regularity
    3. try to get the 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

oh yeah limit yourself to 2 whey protein shakes a day either one in the morning and then immediately after training or after training and then one at night. Too many shakes a day it just gets really expensive.

Try powder form nitric oxide preworkout as opposed to the pills, unless you are happy with the pills. I find the powder works better.

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Herbal Life products

Silver
    2000 TA LS1 A4w/ShiftKit

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    oh yeah limit yourself to 2 whey protein shakes a day either one in the morning and then immediately after training or after training and then one at night. Too many shakes a day it just gets really expensive.

Try powder form nitric oxide preworkout as opposed to the pills, unless you are happy with the pills. I find the powder works better.
    I am drinking 2 whey drinks on workout days 1 before workout and 1 after. Also I am drinking 1 creatine drink before workout.

I have been doing a light warmup before I jump into my first set. Then increase weight each set and try to atleast push out 6reps on my third set.

I been going to the Gym regularly for about 2months now and am seeing a improvement in strength and have cut some weight also. I was 228 when I started and I am down to 205. I am 5'10" with a wide frame. I wouldn't mind being 190 or so.

Do u know of or have a workout routine that u could turn me on 2. Normally I start off the week with Chest and throw in some traps.
    Day 2 I get after Bi's and Tri's
    Day 3 Back and Legs
    Day 4 Shoulders and Abs (Try gettn abs in a lil bit everyday) But concentrate on them on this day
    Day 5 Jus kinda do a quick burnout of all groups and a lil extra cardio. (Do atleast 20min of cardio everyday)

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by CobraKilla View Post
    I am drinking 2 whey drinks on workout days 1 before workout and 1 after. Also I am drinking 1 creatine drink before workout.

I have been doing a light warmup before I jump into my first set. Then increase weight each set and try to atleast push out 6reps on my third set.

I been going to the Gym regularly for about 2months now and am seeing a improvement in strength and have cut some weight also. I was 228 when I started and I am down to 205. I am 5'10" with a wide frame. I wouldn't mind being 190 or so.

Do u know of or have a workout routine that u could turn me on 2. Normally I start off the week with Chest and throw in some traps.
    Day 2 I get after Bi's and Tri's
    Day 3 Back and Legs
    Day 4 Shoulders and Abs (Try gettn abs in a lil bit everyday) But concentrate on them on this day
    Day 5 Jus kinda do a quick burnout of all groups and a lil extra cardio. (Do atleast 20min of cardio everyday)
    move shoulders onto arm day, make arm/shoulders day 3 and back and legs day 4 day 2 would be a rest day. day 5 was unnecessary just do the cardio. actually you could do the back and legs day 5. it doesnt make sense to have back the day right after a bicep workout.

most people do traps on shoulder day also
    Last edited by 310stanger; 05-28-2009 at 07:42 PM.

Red Tint Jewelcoat
    2008 Trailblazer SS

Quote Originally Posted by CobraKilla View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong...but skip the before whey....it is more for recovery than anything.
    The creatine is for before lifting though for sure.

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

+1 on the powder, the pills take time to work and if you vary your workout times powder is the way to go, just chug it on the way to the gym and get your lift on

i like to split my lifting and cardio to different times, im weight gaining and i up my protein right before and right after i work out, cardio just takes up time that my muscles arent getting the protein they need to rebuild

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

also i do a 3 day split
    monday: chest, tri's, and forearms
    tuesday: back, bicep, shoulders, traps(my longest day)
    wednesday: legs and abs

then i repeat the process and take sundays off

in my opinion working tris with chest and bis with back just make sense, they are already getting a great "pre-exhaustion" while your training the bigger muscle groups, so i follow them up with the smaller groups

ie, lat pull down and rows incorporate biceps, so after im done with back i move strait to biceps to finish them off

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Luos View Post
    Correct me if I am wrong...but skip the before whey....it is more for recovery than anything.
    The creatine is for before lifting though for sure.
    i like taking whey before i lift as well as after, that way my body has the protein i need to lift strong and start the rebuilding while im still working out, i feel really weak if i dont have some kind of slow buring protein in my system when i go lift

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

sometimes i do bi's and back, tri's with chest, other days i do strictly arm workouts. primarily because for arms i think nothing really beats strict attention via isolation movements, specifically if your arms are stubborn.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by jaslivers View Post
    i like taking whey before i lift as well as after, that way my body has the protein i need to lift strong and start the rebuilding while im still working out, i feel really weak if i dont have some kind of slow buring protein in my system when i go lift
    my bet is that is more a calorie deficiency then anything. you want a fast disgestion protein pre workout and post workout. slow proteins are for night time, however rather then buy whey and casein i take a mixed "utility" protein called myofusion. best product on the market imo.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

3500 calories burned is 1 lb of fat.
    If you're trying to lean up, 2-3 less sugar type fruits a day.
    3-4 veggies
    Stay away from sodium
    Shoot for a gallon of water a day.
    First meal your biggest.
    Last meal smallest at least 2 hours priar to bed time.
    Have protien I'm each meal.
    Have the first meal post work out be very high in protein to replace torn muscle. Stay away from fatty foods after work out. Or they will replace the torn muscle with fat.
    Eat every 2-3 hours to help keep metabolism up.

You can try a vitamin C pill with each first meal to help your ammune system.

Also b12 vitamins will help speed up your metabolism. It be careful, they make you hungry.

Cardio is key to a healthy body. A healthy heart = a healthy body and mind!

Protien shakes too.

Arctic White
    2000 Trans Am WS6

I find that I can eat healthy during the week, cheat on the weekends, run once every other day and be ok ..

I think it has to do with limiting my portion sizes and giving my body plenty of time to recover.

blue
    83 mustang 347

there are plenty of good workout and diet plans on various body building forums.... Everyone is different though so you might have to tweak them a bit so they work for you.

Silver
    2007 CTS-V

hehe i love this thread already.

step 1

Lift first, then cardio

2. Short duration, high intensity with your lifting
    3. Slow rep movements with heavy weight to failure on your third set. anything more then 3 sets and you arent pushing yourself. All the guys doing set after set arent working out hard, they are working out stupid
    4. supersets. For example immediately after benching go into some pushups or dips till failure.
    5. warm up sets. definitely lift a much lighter weight to warm up to avoid pulls and tears
    6. use whats available to you, that means both free weights and machines. dont get caught up in the "whats better" debate.
    7. dont waste too much time worrying about core training. do core work but only like once or twice a week. There are "trainers" in the gym that waste their clients money using nothing but bosu's and stability boards and swiss balls when theres 100k worth of real equipment available.

eating
    1. just eat clean and eat when you are hungry dont eat crap. If its sugary, refined, or "white" dont eat it.
    2. eat at regular times, your body likes regularity
    3. try to get the 1gram of protein per pound of bodyweight
    I never got this. So if the guy weighs 280 lbs he needs to eat 280g of protien? Thats a lot of protien......I mean a 1 lbs steak has what/ 130-135 grams...thats a lot of steak. I know you can take other thing to get your protien but damn, just seems like a lot of protien.

SOM
    1998 Trans Am

you can also check out bodybuilding.com for more info. Just dont post this question in the misc. section :O

White
    99 Pontiac Trans Am #2466

Here was what I did, but I had a diff goal in mind:

Mon: chest/shoulders
    Wed: arms/back
    Fri: abs/legs

I was a runner in college and before i started my 6 week program i performed an assessment workout, which told me what muscles needed work. On the above days, i focused on power/strength, but in between those days i did some muscule tweaking for endurance/speed endurance. Since I was a runner, I did cardio distance 5 days a week the first two weeks, distance/ speed endurance in weeks 3-4 and speed endurance/speed weeks 5-6 while using a 7th and 8th week as a maintenance/reassessment period.

at the start, I weighed 162 lbs and 8.5% body fat with a 34 in chest, 31 in waist, 11.5 in biceps, 21 in thighs and 37 in hips while running 1.5 mi @ 12:15-12:30 min avg

in the end...137 lbs @ 1% body fat. 37 in chest, 27 in waist 12.5 in biceps, 23.5 in thighs and 33 in hips while running 1.5 mi @ 9:15 avg (7:45-8 min race pace)

Of course....my calorie intake didn't top 1500 and i was downing 2 gal of water per day by the end of that 8 wk period....keeps the kidneys clean so they can perform thier natural functions

I did it all with outdoor running and a bowflex in the basement

1958 chevy pickup 283
    02 gmc z71 5.3L white

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    I never got this. So if the guy weighs 280 lbs he needs to eat 280g of protien? Thats a lot of protien......I mean a 1 lbs steak has what/ 130-135 grams...thats a lot of steak. I know you can take other thing to get your protien but damn, just seems like a lot of protien.
    its all about having enough protein to maintain the muscle mass, the fat lazy 280 lbs guy doesnt need shit, but 280 lb freak needs at least that much protein to maintain the body mass or he will lose mass

also a good rule of thumb for trying to gain serious mass is 1.5 grams of protein per 1 lb of body weight

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by SandmanWs7 View Post
    its not that much at all when you are having 6 small meals a day. Thats not at 1 sitting man

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information