Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Work out question

To skip a bunch of bullshit, I'll get right too it. Lately after my sets I've been extremly tired. Alot more than normal. I work out say.. Arms or upper body 1 day and rest the next, day after I hit it again. Lately I've upped my sets a little and I work out once in the morning and once at night. Been doing that for a little while. Its like its all catching up to me or somthing. I have also quit taking any supplements with the additional sets. My diet has mostly chicken and beef, I eat veggies also but not alot, fruit I eat in the morning

I did take Megamans for a long time, I also tried Animal Packs. But the MM vitiamins where somthing I took every day. Could that be the cause of my fatique? I will admit my diet is abit lacking, but still healthy. Also, it seems to be getting worse. This does not apply for anything but my upper body, which is the largest part of me. Do I need to get back on some vitamins or what? I think I'm not getting enough of somthing but don't know what it is

Silver
    At least its paid for.

You should always take vitaman's every day. Why did you stop? Do you eat bananna's? Not getting enough potassium could make you feel tired also.

I rather be wakeboarding SexyWS6Mama's Avatar

Sunset Orange Metallic
    2002 WS6

Hmm. I dance all day, take regular multi vitamin and eat lean burgers and I'm good to go. Some days, I'll run as well.

good luck with your workout and progress!

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Quote Originally Posted by Johny Utah
    You should always take vitaman's every day. Why did you stop? Do you eat bananna's? Not getting enough potassium could make you feel tired also.
    While I partially agree with this statement, it isn't necessarily true to "always" take a multi-vitamin. Monitoring your food intake is more important.Natural sources of vit's and min's are truly the most important.Obviously.

If you feel tired since you stopped taking a daily vatamin, you probably need to scrutinize your daily diet closely. Perhaps a better balance is needed as far as fruits, veggies, protiens, etc..

Maybe a glucose gel pak before a workout for a week or so will get you over the hump until you get yourself back on track.

Love buying generic GM's Nastyfoot's Avatar

Black, Black
    2011 "Generic" Gasser

Oh, and one other thing, if you are going to go back to a multi vitamin daily, save your money on the MM or any other GNC type vitamins and buy a bottle of Centrum Silver. It's designed for older people but has exactly what you would need and costs half the price. CS is a jacked up multi-vitamin.

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

Sounds like you're in "burn-out" phase...you said you lift one day then rest the next...are you working the same muscle groups? I've burned-out so bad that I couldn't even do a pull up even with a days rest...but after 4-5 days rest I was back doing 20+....weird huh. I'd say eat a lot of protein and still lift...but give a few days rest on each muscle group. For example, bi's, tri's and lats monday...chest,back and quads tuesday...shoulders and calves wed...etc. That way you're lifting 4-5 days a week but giving each group a chance to recover with 2-3 days rest.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Diet is probably the main reason for the fatigue you feel.

Since you are lifting two times in one day do you think that you are overtraining?

You never said how much time per day you are lifting but if you split it up into two sessions you should not be training more that one hour at a time imo.

Also a session of upper body takes allot out of a guy. Consider splitting it up into muscle groups like back/lower back and then hitting another group (abs/calves) in the second workout. Try to stay away from training the same muscle groups in the same day (i.e. chest in the morning and triceps in the evening).

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels
    Diet is probably the main reason for the fatigue you feel.

Since you are lifting two times in one day do you think that you are overtraining?

You never said how much time per day you are lifting but if you split it up into two sessions you should not be training more that one hour at a time imo.

Also a session of upper body takes allot out of a guy. Consider splitting it up into muscle groups like back/lower back and then hitting another group (abs/calves) in the second workout. Try to stay away from training the same muscle groups in the same day (i.e. chest in the morning and triceps in the evening).

Black
    '05 Ninja ZX-10R

Smells like glycogen depletion and overtraining. Far too many newbs only think about protein, and neglect everything else. It's got to be about your whole diet my man.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

To answer how much I work out, about 2 hours a day if I can concentrate on it. Maybe I'm not resting enough. I will check into the CS and see if that helps. I am starting a new job on Monday so I'll lay off working out and heal up abit while I get use to my new hours. Then I'll give it another go, thanks for the help everyone

BIGRED Z
    Up your protein intake, make sure your carbs are quality carbs, all wheat, grains, no white processed crap. Take your vitamins.

Also remember to give your muscles enough time between workouts. You actually build while you're NOT working out. During your workout, you are actually damaging your muscle fibers and while they heal, they knit stronger together. If you hit that same muscle group too soon, you are doing more damage than good. Think of it like a refractory period after coming, it takes a little while before it gets going again if you know what I mean. Same for muscles.

It's a common myth that people assume; "Oh I workout so it doesn't matter what I eat..."WRONG! If you workout it matters even more what you eat. Quality proteins carbs and veggies are essential.

You wouldn't run your top performance car on crappy fuel...same thing applies to your body. Top performance means top fuel, and that means excellent nutrition. Also, eat smaller more frequent meals. If you're not, the fatigue you are experiencing could be from low blood sugar. Meaning you could be actually burning muscle instead of fat. Completely opposite of your goal.

One of the best workout books I've read both professionally speaking as well as personally (I am a registered nurse and I use this persoanlly in my program) is BODY FOR LIFE by Bill Phillips. He also is part owner of EAS. They have a ton of products available on the market. His partner formulated the NO2 (at GNC.) They say it's like nitrous for your muscles.

Lori
    Last edited by BIGRED Z; 02-05-2006 at 11:58 AM.

How many carbs are you taking in a day? Protien is good, but you need a well rounded diet. Carbs are your friend for energy.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

I pretty much figured out what is it, For the past month I have only had water to drink. My carb intake... at most would be 2 peices of bread for a sandwich. Yesterday I got to thinking about it and helped myself to some carbs. Not alot mind you, but enough. The work out was great, and went down without a hitch. So I guess completly cutting carbs out is not a good thing. I just wonder why it took so long for it to catch up to me.

You should try and work out a body part one or two times per week, if you are trying to gain strength. Otherwise, you will mostly be toning and if you are lifting heavier weights you do not have the required recuperation time period. The lower back takes six days to recover(the slowest of any of the muscles in the body) and your biceps are one of the fastest(about a day) but usually your chest/arms/and legs should not be trained more than two times per week if lifting heavy..........fwiw.......imho.......you are just overtraining(which also means you won't see the gains/results)

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzed
    I pretty much figured out what is it, For the past month I have only had water to drink. My carb intake... at most would be 2 peices of bread for a sandwich. Yesterday I got to thinking about it and helped myself to some carbs. Not alot mind you, but enough. The work out was great, and went down without a hitch. So I guess completly cutting carbs out is not a good thing. I just wonder why it took so long for it to catch up to me.
    It takes a while for your blood sugar levels to catch up and average out.......usually two weeks or so, but I guess in your case it took a month???

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z
    ....One of the best workout books I've read both professionally speaking as well as personally (I am a registered nurse and I use this persoanlly in my program) is BODY FOR LIFE by Bill Phillips. He also is part owner of EAS. They have a ton of products available on the market. His partner formulated the NO2 (at GNC.) They say it's like nitrous for your muscles.

Lori
    @Lori Is this book strictly about nutrition with the emphasis on pushing for their brand of products?

Or are there exercise routines in the book aswell?

Just curious as I have been reading allot of nutrition books as of late looking for a decent (read new) cutting diet for this beach body season (read summer) and I find that allot of these type of books (esp. by MD's) are mostly a push on there own product line of supplements.

05 Wrangler

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED Z
    Up your protein intake.

Lori
    I'll up your protein intake..................

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

Quote Originally Posted by SeVeReDiStOrTiOn
    I'll up your protein intake..................

BIGRED Z
    Quote Originally Posted by SexOnWheels
    @Lori Is this book strictly about nutrition with the emphasis on pushing for their brand of products?

Or are there exercise routines in the book aswell?

Just curious as I have been reading allot of nutrition books as of late looking for a decent (read new) cutting diet for this beach body season (read summer) and I find that allot of these type of books (esp. by MD's) are mostly a push on there own product line of supplements.
    It's comphrehensive, workout routines, nutrition, no sales pitch at all as far as his products go. He does mention supplemental shakes to count as a meal and that's about as far as the plugging his products go.

SEVERE!!I'll up your protein intake..................
    LOL!!!! BWAHAHAHAHAAHA! Good one.

Lori

Blood Red
    Z28

@Lori TYVM for the reply but to tell you the truth I was hoping you would write out a comprehensive strict cutting diet guide for me, heh!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information