Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Senior Member FuxOnTheFirstDate's Avatar

Shit

Women Before/After Kids

I have noticed that most, if not the vast majority of women, gain a hell of a lot of weight after pregnancy. Sometimes 30% or more, especially if they were a little chunky before. Even if there is a miscarriage they still keep some weight on. Why do you think this is? For instance, I used to date this girl in high school that weighed 110 pounds. She has since had a kid and now she weighs 152 pounds, according to her driver's license. Is it because they don't care anymore after they have kids? Heidi Klum must have cared because she is every bit as skinny as she was pre-child. Why does that happen so often? I thought women spent 2 hours every day getting "pretty" for a reason.

Wicked Witch of the West egaian's Avatar
    its cause they wanna get gross so you wont hit on them Fux! lol

Sebring Silver
    98 Z-28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by FuxOnTheFirstDate View Post
    I have noticed that most, if not the vast majority of women, gain a hell of a lot of weight after pregnancy. Sometimes 30% or more, especially if they were a little chunky before. Even if there is a miscarriage they still keep some weight on. Why do you think this is? For instance, I used to date this girl in high school that weighed 110 pounds. She has since had a kid and now she weighs 152 pounds, according to her driver's license. Is it because they don't care anymore after they have kids? Heidi Klum must have cared because she is every bit as skinny as she was pre-child. Why does that happen so often? I thought women spent 2 hours every day getting "pretty" for a reason.
    Thats what happened to my wife, she was tiny before she got pregnant with our first, something like 127lbs with size D boobs Now she's around 150 or so with size DD boobs, granted she doesn't look 150 but she's holding on to alot of baby fat from the C-section. She's slowly loosing it but she's not as concerned as she used to be. I just hope she keeps the boob size and looses a little more, get back around 135 or so and she'll be a little hottie again. Childbirth takes a toll on some women, others I've seen have a kid that is a month old and their just as skinny as they were before the pregnancy.

Sunset Orange
    2001 Z28

Lots-O-Money = personal trainer

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I'm never having kids...

Hugger Orange/W stripes
    1999 Z28 M6

My wife is 5'1" and weighed about 90 pounds (very slender) when we got married twenty-two years ago. Now she is maybe 110 pounds at almost 41. The second kid was 9 lbs. 4 oz. and she never had a C-section. Tough little thing that woman!!!

The weight bothers her a lot more than it bothers me, it's minimal as far as the eye can see. I still like the way she looks, and so do a lot of other guys from my observations. She's the mother of my children, and the very small amount of weight she picked up is nothing compared to the "gifts" she gave me.

I've ended up weighing less after each child I've had.

Shit
    Quote Originally Posted by third_shift|studios View Post
    I'm never having kids...
    Thats kinda what I'm thinking too. IF I do have kids with someone though I'm going to take some of my little guys and an egg from my wife and we're going to plant them in someone else. There are 2 reasons for this. 1, she won't potentially gain all that weight and 2, I won't need to continue PE to be able to satisfy her after she has the kid. Either that or I'll just find a girl that has a skinny mother and that should tell me a lot about the future, lol. Cassie, is/was your mother slim?

Cassie, is/was your mother slim?
    My mom is pushing fifty, is 5'4, and weighs about 130 lbs. I do, however, have friends who are completlely opposite their mothers so I wouldn't use that as a predictor. Many women to tend to put on weight as they age and when they're in a comfortable relationship. I think a woman's thoughts on eating, exercise, and fitness would be a better predictor of her future appearence. However, I would not agree that these are the most important factors when seeking a life partner.

Mystic Teal Metallic
    1998 Z-28, 2010 SS

There is some very shallow opinions expressed on this topic. Hell, everybody gets older, goes through changes, etc. Just because a women isn't 110 lbs, DD tits, doesn't mean she isn't "HOT." There are alot more things that go into making a woman hot than maintaining a teenage figure. My wife was hot when I married her. Twenty years later and extra pounds on both of us, she's still hot and she still gets me excited.

Quote Originally Posted by norm43a View Post
    There is some very shallow opinions expressed on this topic. Hell, everybody gets older, goes through changes, etc. Just because a women isn't 110 lbs, DD tits, doesn't mean she isn't "HOT." There are alot more things that go into making a woman hot than maintaining a teenage figure. My wife was hot when I married her. Twenty years later and extra pounds on both of us, she's still hot and she still gets me excited.
    Amen but I do have to say that threads like these make me very greatful that I am married to a man who never made me feel any less wanted; even when I was nine months pregnant and out weighed him by a good 20 lbs.

Shit
    I know there is more to a relationship than looks but looks are important. I'm mainly talking about girls that are young, don't change anything about themselves other than being pregnant, and still swell up. Seriously, some women almost double in size after having a 9 pound (give or take a few) child. I guess I'll never understand because I'm not a woman but it sure seems counter-productive and a waste of time. IOW, if she spent 2 hours per day getting pretty before children and 2 hours per day after, yet she gained 50 pounds during and after pregnancy, what is the point in spending that much time to try to be pretty? I could understand if they went jogging or something to get back to their pre-baby figure but they rarely do. Is it that people don't realize what they're getting into when they have kids? I don't know but one thing is for sure, I'm going to be very careful who I have kids with. If I even have them.

That is another thing, if your kids are supposed to behave worse than you did, why in the hell do people have a small city of children? I can understand having 1 or 2 at the most but holy shit, some people have a damn zoo in their homes and minivans. I used to work at a Holiday Inn's restaurant as a busser and we would get families of 5 or 6 sometimes. They would leave the tables so messy that I even had to clean maple syrup off of the ceiling fan blades.
    Last edited by FuxOnTheFirstDate; 07-27-2006 at 12:37 PM.

I think its more of a matter that your priorities tend to change after you have children and you have less time to focus on yourself.

Shit
    Thats for damn sure. If you don't want the next Charles Manson or Timothy McVeigh you better raise them properly. Then again, I very rarely see well behaved, properly mannered children anymore. A 5 year old gave me the good ol' double middle finger hello one morning while I was standing in my driveway. I think people are giving up, lol.

I'd like to think that I'm raising two good kiddos but having been a public school teacher, I have to agree with you. Sigh!

1 BAD ASS BOWTIE StangKiller615's Avatar

Black on Black
    2001 Camaro SS

I've known some women that gained up to 70 pounds while pregnant, and my guess is that with them having to spend so much time attending to the newborn that there is really no time to do things they did before. One of the ladies here will have a better answer than I.

Black as Wesley Snipes
    09 Mazda 3, 12 Z1000

The only reason women get fat after is because they A: Don't give a fuck or B: Don't have time. Any talk of "Hormones goin' crazy!" is bullshit, your body can't MAKE fat, it might not be the best at getting rid of it... its easy, instead of taking the easy road AKA Mac D's drive thru, Go grab some healthy eats or make somthing. I hate people that make excuses as to why they are fat ect, There are very few GOOD reasons to be over weight
    I'd rather have my heart plugged than my butt plugged anyday..- Orion

Wicked Witch of the West egaian's Avatar
    Thats for damn sure. If you don't want the next Charles Manson or Timothy McVeigh you better raise them properly. Then again, I very rarely see well behaved, properly mannered children anymore. A 5 year old gave me the good ol' double middle finger hello one morning while I was standing in my driveway. I think people are giving up, lol.

I totally agree- I could start a whole thread on how bad kids are today...I can't stand going to a restaurant and seeing kids make a mess all over the floor, chair, etc...and then the parents don't even clean it up! when i was little, i wasn't even allowed in a restaurant unless I could behave properly...my favorite is when the kids/babies scream and cry non stop- what happened to taking your kid outside till they calmed down so it doesn't ruin everyone else's meal? that does not happen anymore either...kids are rude nowadays and have no manners, and i hate to say it but its pretty much a reflection on the parents...I think a lot of parents today are getting lazy, because it takes more work to discipline and teach your child how to behave correctly then to just let them do whatever...i know off topic but i'm going off what he (Fux) had said...

Quote Originally Posted by egaian View Post

I totally agree- I could start a whole thread on how bad kids are today...I can't stand going to a restaurant and seeing kids make a mess all over the floor, chair, etc...
    I'm surprised you still talk to me after the Sho-Gun incident.

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

women use pregnancy as an excuse to eat like pigs and get huge. they use the child as an excuse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information