Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

98 Formula
    06 duramax

wife's car search continued.....

Looked for the old thread but after a couple pages of my subscriptions I said screw it.....had a bunch of nonsense in it anyhow. I think we have it narrowed down.....had it down to 1 car until the last few days. Now I'm between looking at a Maxima SV and an Acura TL. Both cars look pretty sharp to me and you can get a Maxima pretty well pimped out.....they have a lot of cool ass options. The Acura's are cool looking too and look a little nicer IMO in certain areas than the Maxima. With the acura we'd be getting a few more miles on the car for the same money as the Maxima. Either way we're keeping the mileage under 15k.....lower the better. Maxima's can be had with just a couple thousand (5k or less) in the $27-$29k range and be optioned to the gills. The acura's I've seen are in the $28-29k range and usually have 15kish miles on them. Side by side which would you guys prefer?

white
    04 2500 4x4 crew cab

The Tl's are a little more rare. Prob make it easier to find in a parking lot.

Black/Red/Black/Red
    98WS6/06MCSS/86GN/06H3

Acura TL

Gone:2001 Camaro SS #4846

Doesn't the TL have that hideous aluminum snout?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Have always been a Acura fan. I had a 2.2 CL that I still miss. Hands down Acura TL!! They will go 250k + miles with regular maintenance.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by CJREX View Post
    Doesn't the TL have that hideous aluminum snout?
    yeah....some of them do. I wouldn't own one with that nasty ass thing on the front. I did find a black one though that the nose piece is black also.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Since I have never owned an Acura and currently own a 2011 Maxima, I stay with my choice from the old thread. Our Maxima has everything except navigation. Does have the reverse camera though. I love that car. Car handles great, looks really nice inside and out, and is pretty quick for a Maxima. Have owned this car for about 2 or 3 months and have ZERO complaints.
    Suspension: Lower control arms (Spohn), Drive shaft safety loop, Torque arm (Edlebrock), Strut tower brace, Panhard Bar (BMR)

Under the Hood: Smooth bellows, Lid, Catch can, LT Headers, ORY, AIR/EGR delete, Poly engine/transmission mounts,

Exterior: Painted brake calipers (Red), Halo “Spyder” Headlights w/matching parking/turn signals (Black)

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

TL especially if you find a Type S

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I prefer the TL to the maxima. Doesn't the TL have AWD now too?

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

i have a 2011 maxima and i LOVE it! it is the best car i've had so far. i got one HELL of a deal on a leftover 11 but i didn't get the SV, i got the base which has about the same goods as GM cars that are loaded.

IMO the 09+ maxima is one of the BEST looking sedans on the road right now.

Arctic White, red/gray
    1997 Corvette, 92 Typhoon

I don't totally like the looks of the TL but I think its a better car than the maxima and the VQ engine. I do love the interiors of the TL and think it is about as good as you can get without paying out the ass for one of the bigger Audis. I am pretty sure the TL has SH-AWD atleast as an option which puts it above the FWD maxima in my book.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    Since I have never owned an Acura and currently own a 2011 Maxima, I stay with my choice from the old thread. Our Maxima has everything except navigation. Does have the reverse camera though. I love that car. Car handles great, looks really nice inside and out, and is pretty quick for a Maxima. Have owned this car for about 2 or 3 months and have ZERO complaints.
    I'm having a little trouble figuring the stereo options out on them........I wasn't sure how they packaged navigation in there. Don't really have to have the navigation but I also don't want the base stereo. My wife is not an aftermarket kind of person so whatever it has is what she'll keep. Do those have music storage on them? I have like 8 gigs of music on a thumb drive that I use in my truck...would be nice if there's someway I can move it over to hers for when I'm in there.

Light Pewter Metallic
    y2k 8-cylinder catfish

After watching that dancing video of you, may I suggest giving her whatever you're driving and you go buy yourself a Miata.

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

I like the max my self and they last foreve. The afermarket is bigger for them as well with places like stillen if upgrading is on your mind
    "The Camaro SS looks like it could kick your ass. The Trans Am WS6 looks like its on its way over to do it."

treat stressful situation like a dog. if you can't eat or hump it, then piss on it and walk away.

keep your foot in it,till you see god

"Arrest Me Red"
    2001 trans am

If you need more info on them look at maxima.org its the site I was on when I had my old max

silver
    1996 Trans AM WS6

my base Max has 6disk MP3 changer, aux input and bluetooth for my phone.... i have modded the stereo on every car i own but won't need to with the max. it is not the best sound i have ever heard but the factory deck does everything i need. i'm glad i didn't spend the extra cash on the SV.

Pewter
    '00 SS

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    I'm having a little trouble figuring the stereo options out on them........I wasn't sure how they packaged navigation in there. Don't really have to have the navigation but I also don't want the base stereo. My wife is not an aftermarket kind of person so whatever it has is what she'll keep. Do those have music storage on them? I have like 8 gigs of music on a thumb drive that I use in my truck...would be nice if there's someway I can move it over to hers for when I'm in there.
    My wife's came with bose stereo in it. Sounds really good. We just plug in our ipods when we get in. There is a usb in the center console we plug into. Maybe the thumb drive will work if plugged into that.

98 Formula
    06 duramax

Quote Originally Posted by kenro23 View Post
    My wife's came with bose stereo in it. Sounds really good. We just plug in our ipods when we get in. There is a usb in the center console we plug into. Maybe the thumb drive will work if plugged into that.
    yep....that should work.

Liquid Red
    2008 Pontiac G8 GT

The Bose stereo can be had in an SV with the premium package or in an SV sport. IMO, the sport/tech(nav package) is the way to go. Silver interior trim, paddle shifters (also on the premium package,) spoiler, and 19's. If you need any info on them, I've been selling new Nissan's since 2009!

Pewter
    '00 SS

I guess thats what we have. I have all u mentioned except nav

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information