Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Why were there less T/A's than Camaros?

So I was at work tonight and a guy came in who moved down to Pensacola from Michigan. He worked for Ford and got laid off...sorry I had to say the F word.

Anyways, he knew a few things about some GM cars and we got to talking and he told me that GM made fewer T/A's than Camaros...why was this? Now, I dont know the production numbers (I wish I had a place that could tell me though), but I kind of have to believe the guy, I see more camaros on the road than firebirds all the time (where I live).

((Also I asked if Ford was coming out with anything cool in the future,,he said they are coming out with a new version of the Mustang with a Supercharged 4.6, putting down close to 500 HP. No it wasnt the Cobra he was talking about or the GT500.))

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Because they were made by pontiac

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

Quote Originally Posted by white99x View Post
    So I was at work tonight and a guy came in who moved down to Pensacola from Michigan. He worked for Ford and got laid off...sorry I had to say the F word.

Anyways, he knew a few things about some GM cars and we got to talking and he told me that GM made fewer T/A's than Camaros...why was this? Now, I dont know the production numbers (I wish I had a place that could tell me though), but I kind of have to believe the guy, I see more camaros on the road than firebirds all the time (where I live).

((Also I asked if Ford was coming out with anything cool in the future,,he said they are coming out with a new version of the Mustang with a Supercharged 4.6, putting down close to 500 HP. No it wasnt the Cobra he was talking about or the GT500.))
    I really believe hes stroking you with a 500 hp supercharged 4.6. Theres no reason for ford to make that car at all. Why would they dethrone the gt500? They will make a hotter mustang then the gt but expect it to have more like 400 horses not 500. Sounds like a typical "insider".

Slower Than a 3rd Gen juiced99ws6's Avatar

Mystic Teal
    99 Trans Am & 01 CBR 929

more than likely it was because of the price difference. the more expensive something is the less people are going to buy it and therefore dont need as many.

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Because they were made by pontiac
    true that .. People dont buy as many Pontiacs as they do Chevys ........Like I said ...if the GTO had been a Chevelle ?????

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    true that .. People dont buy as many Pontiacs as they do Chevys ........Like I said ...if the GTO had been a Chevelle ?????
    Yeah, pontiac is sort of more "luxurious" than chevy... they usually come with more options, nicer stuff, higher price etc

Black Hardtop
    01 NHRA Formula

it is the 2008 gt500kr that will have over 500hp
    http://www.mustang.com/news/?p=389

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by Scanlamp View Post
    it is the 2008 gt500kr that will have over 500hp
    http://www.mustang.com/news/?p=389
    The KR’s 5.4-liter V-8 Gets the Royal Treatment
    Just like its namesake, the 2008 ‘King of the Road’ packs a walloping dose of Ford performance power under its massive composite hood scoops. The Ford SVT-engineered 5.4-liter supercharged V-8 is treated to a Ford Racing Power Upgrade Pack that boosts horsepower to an estimated 540 and torque to 510 ft.-lbs., thanks to revised ignition and throttle calibration and a cold air intake system that replaces the stock unit

Why cant Ford come out with a engine that has a lot of hp and is not SuperCharged

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by snaggeltooth View Post
    Why cant Ford come out with a engine that has a lot of hp and is not SuperCharged
    Laziness

Impounded

Red
    99 TA

less pontiacs because a firebird is a car for people with real inner fire,the camaro is a car for the ordinary dood that thinks he got inner fire.

Senior Member transamprincess98's Avatar
    CT6

If you actually find production numbers on all year there have always been less firebirds
    I think it has to do with the higher cost

white
    90 Mustang 5.0

I think it really comes down to the camaro being a chevy product. The Chevy name is the bread and butter of GM, has been for yrs. The other factor you cant forget is the camaro was also used for fleet vehicles. Police forces have used b4c camaros for yrs. Never used trans ams. Personally I think the t/a is a nicer car but thats jus my opinion.

SMKDFRD
    Quote Originally Posted by juiced99ws6 View Post
    more than likely it was because of the price difference. the more expensive something is the less people are going to buy it and therefore dont need as many.
    I was looking at what the Camaro's and the T/A's cost brand new and there wasn't that much of a price difference really. I just think that the Camaro had a hotter market that the T/A's so thats why more were produced.

down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Are the T/A's any worse or slower than the Camaros? I dont know....I really like the pride of driving a Chevy..but I really REALLY like the looks of the t/a

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Are the T/A's any worse or slower than the Camaros? I dont know....I really like the pride of driving a Chevy..but I really REALLY like the looks of the t/a
    It would be T/A , Formula vs a Z28 or a Ws6 vs a SS .... Pontiac dont sell as many cars as Chevy ....Just like Mercury dont sell as mant cars as Ford ....Just a name game

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by 310stanger View Post
    I think it really comes down to the camaro being a chevy product. The Chevy name is the bread and butter of GM, has been for yrs. The other factor you cant forget is the camaro was also used for fleet vehicles. Police forces have used b4c camaros for yrs. Never used trans ams. Personally I think the t/a is a nicer car but thats jus my opinion.
    in 1979 catoosa county georgia had t/a police cars that were built and bad to the bone....kinda legendary round here lol

Black
    2014 Camaro 1LS

Quote Originally Posted by Rivi View Post
    less pontiacs because a firebird is a car for people with real inner fire,the camaro is a car for the ordinary dood that thinks he got inner fire.

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Well.. if you think about it... weatehr you have a 'Bird or Camaro.. you've got a Chevy Engine and Tranny... so you ARE driving a Chevy.. lol. Sad.. but true... one day I'll find me a 455HO or SD to dump into one of my 'Birds to make it a more fully Pontiac Bird
    -Geno
    1983 Black WS6 "WindCharger"
    1987 Black WS6 "WS87"
    2002 Black WS6 "Silver Streak"
    Sold the other four f-bodies

Gray
    2012 Challenger R/T

Quote Originally Posted by KITTvsKARR View Post
    Well.. if you think about it... weatehr you have a 'Bird or Camaro.. you've got a Chevy Engine and Tranny... so you ARE driving a Chevy.. lol. Sad.. but true... one day I'll find me a 455HO or SD to dump into one of my 'Birds to make it a more fully Pontiac Bird
    there is a place that makes a motor mount kit so you can put a Poncho motor in a 3rd gen ..

ArtistFormerlyKnownAsMac Silver Streak's Avatar

All Black
    83, 87, 02 All WS6 T/As

Yeah... just when I finally get to that point.. I dunno if I want it in a 3rd gen.. or my 4th.. lol.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information