Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

This is why life sucks for me right now

2 weeks ago I worked a 81 hour work week between my 2 jobs. Tomorrow it will pay off with 2 nice paychecks b/c of the holiday pay plus extra hours.

Today at 6:22 in the morning driving my dd pickup to work on 476 south bound just before route 30 I see a rock fly up from a truck and hit my windsheild. No the worst part about that is I just replaced the damn thing 4 months ago. It hit so hard that the rock pushed glass into my truck and it will probably leak or spider web.

So now the money that I will be getting tomorrow to buy my first major mods for my car has to go to my pos dd pickup.

I had the mods all picked out too ready to call the vender and give him my cc tomorrow on my lunch break

I was going to get a 3600 stall and a posi unit with 3.73 gears. Now I have to wait even longer. Last time that I saved up my parents asked me for money to help pay there heating oil bill.

I CAN"T WIN

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 02Sweet View Post
    2 weeks ago I worked a 81 hour work week between my 2 jobs. Tomorrow it will pay off with 2 nice paychecks b/c of the holiday pay plus extra hours.

Today at 6:22 in the morning driving my dd pickup to work on 476 south bound just before route 30 I see a rock fly up from a truck and hit my windsheild. No the worst part about that is I just replaced the damn thing 4 months ago. It hit so hard that the rock pushed glass into my truck and it will probably leak or spider web.

So now the money that I will be getting tomorrow to buy my first major mods for my car has to go to my pos dd pickup.

I had the mods all picked out too ready to call the vender and give him my cc tomorrow on my lunch break

I was going to get a 3600 stall and a posi unit with 3.73 gears. Now I have to wait even longer. Last time that I saved up my parents asked me for money to help pay there heating oil bill.

I CAN"T WIN
    damn josh... well.. at least you can save... i spend all my money on food...

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

if its not in your "line of vision" or whatever id say fck it buy ur mods because its summer and save up for the windshield before winter. where are u getting ur windshields?? a windshield doesnt equal the amount u were going to spend on mods... 300-400 for a windshield when i was charging people, and that was with another company coming in and doing it and id add 150$ to whatever their price was...

anyway good luck

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    if its not in your "line of vision" or whatever id say fck it buy ur mods because its summer and save up for the windshield before winter. where are u getting ur windshields?? a windshield doesnt equal the amount u were going to spend on mods... 300-400 for a windshield when i was charging people, and that was with another company coming in and doing it and id add 150$ to whatever their price was...

anyway good luck
    220 for the windshield

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

220 for the windshield
    nice!!!

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

check any local bone yards for one? Got one for my brother in-laws blazer for like $80

White
    2000 Firebird Formula

And do you not have 100% glass coverage in your state through your insurance?

[]D [] []V[] []D
    1999 trans am

Quote Originally Posted by 00 formula View Post
    don't think you can get that in PA... i can't even get under $500.00 deductable for my TA... i'd gladly pay more $$$ yearly for a $200.00 deductable!!!

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

I know Kentucky does...even covers ttops that fly out

primevil
    2000 FRC

check any local bone yards for one? Got one for my brother in-laws blazer for like $80

That's exactly what I was going to say. It's much CHEAPER from a junkyard.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by SleeperC5 View Post

That's exactly what I was going to say. It's much CHEAPER from a junkyard.
    didn't even think about that I guess Im going up to Harry's U pull it on Saturday
    either that or ill have to call up barney's

red
    2002 ss camaro

I CAN"T WIN
    check your insurance they ussually cover that with a mall deductable.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by knappbunch View Post
    check your insurance they ussually cover that with a mall deductable.
    I did that last time this happened to me and all they said is that they cover "repair" of windshields and not replacements.

what ever that means

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

in the state of PA glass coverage is part of comprehensive. Just called my insurance company. Since my deductable is at $1000 b/c of the value of the truck is only $4000 its not worth it ill have to buy it on my own

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    don't think you can get that in PA... i can't even get under $500.00 deductable for my TA... i'd gladly pay more $$$ yearly for a $200.00 deductable!!!
    i know with nationwide insurance u get like one windshield the life of the vehicle in pa, so if u need a windshield they will cover it completely without deductable one time. or atleast i think thats how it worked before with my windshield for my firebird

01 WS6 Midnight Blue

in the state of PA glass coverage is part of comprehensive. Just called my insurance company. Since my deductable is at $1000 b/c of the value of the truck is only $4000 its not worth it ill have to buy it on my own
    220 is nothing tho really, thats not alotta money for something to fix a car, if you think about it.. i still say post a pic, id let it go if its not that bad

Pewter
    2000 Z28

Another option, depending on the level of damage is to just have it filled in. Most glass repair places can just do n injection fill repair unless you have an actual hole in the glass.But definitely check into your glass coverage on your ins. If they will pay for a repair, if the damage is in line of sight they should cover replacement. Tell them if they cant then maybe you want to get soem quotes from thier competitors. The result might surprise you.

NBM
    2002 z28 camaro

Quote Originally Posted by ls1blackbeauty98 View Post
    220 is nothing tho really, thats not alotta money for something to fix a car, if you think about it.. i still say post a pic, id let it go if its not that bad
    Well I went out to check it and its starting to spider web. It got hit at the bottom of the windshield right below the wiper and now it cracked in 2 spots about 4-6 inches each. Once I get home ill post a pick

07 MAZDASPEED6 GT

based on your post, you don't have much, if anything, in the bank. stop buying mods & be responsible

Yo Da Lin The Valley..... astyles's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaz View Post
    damn josh... well.. at least you can save... i spend all my money on food...
    +1.......and on house pmt for me

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information