Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
    down with the lot lizards blackhawk01's Avatar

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

why do people drive corvettes...

...like they are freaking economy cars? I live in Penscacola, FL and down here it is very common to see a corvette, mostly C5's and C6's.

Im not discriminating or saying anything about who drives one but DAMN get in the gas!!. I see people in a corvette trying to turn out of a side street and wating until they cant see nothing from here to freaking Mobile Alabama....they drive it like its a damn honda.

I understand people buy one because it looks nice, but damn open up the gas and get it out in traffic! I cant stand seeing people driving corvettes like they are 4 cylinders. They are performance cars, they were built to be driven hard!
    Last edited by blackhawk01; 06-05-2007 at 03:51 AM.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Huh? So I am suppose to smoke em up every time I pull away from a stop sign or stop light because I drive a Vette? I suppose to pull out in front of folks because I'm in my Vette?
    What you are describing is folks in there cars driving like sane people versus some dumbass. You see mature folks take it to the track and abide by traffic laws and concern for others safety when on public roads versus driving like aforementioned dumbasses. However I do admit to the occasional run up....sure...but 99% of the time normal folks drive within the accepted parameters......
    This is my signature. It is mine. Nobody else has one like it.

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

No, im not saying pull out in front of somebody, or cut people off. The reason I target this at vettes is becasue I dont see the majority driving F-bodys but younger guys. What im saying is people around here drive vettes like they are going to get run over by other cars if they dont wait until they see something coming forever. I always see them wait to turn a corner and watching for cars until they are 3 miles away. Im not saying they should pull right out in front of a car.

I guess its just me, Im not a person that likes to see a sports car being driven like a volvo. Im not one to go buck wild and just pull out in front of somebody, but I know how to get it out in traffic.

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by white99x View Post
    No, im not saying pull out in front of somebody, or cut people off. The reason I target this at vettes is becasue I dont see the majority driving F-bodys but younger people. What im saying is people around here drive vettes like they are fixing to get run over by other cars. I always see them wait to turn a corner and watching for cars until they are 3 miles away. Im not saying they should pull right out in front of a car.

I guess its just me, Im not a person that likes to see a sports car being driven like a volvo.
    Young=no money/Fbody's=cheap=Young'uns in Fbodys
    Older=Disposable income/Vettes expensive=old guys in Vettes.

QUICKMFNSILVER
    2004 GTO

like i heard recently.... guys who are having a mid life crisis buy a corvette.... guys that buy a lambo have no crisis

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge View Post
    now you are getting what I am saying

Red
    2001 Camaro SS A4

Quote Originally Posted by GetSome04 View Post
    like i heard recently.... guys who are having a mid life crisis buy a corvette.... guys that buy a lambo have no crisis
    lol
    so true

Black
    2004 Z06

This is an easy one.

Obviously you have never driven one nor gone for a ride in one nor owned a vette.

primevil
    2000 FRC

Hey, hey , hey !! I drive a vette and I'm not slow !!
    Last edited by SleeperC5; 06-05-2007 at 05:39 AM.

Yeah, That's right CaptainCaveMan's Avatar
    Mexican killed my car

...like they are freaking economy cars? I live in Penscacola, FL and down here it is very common to see a corvette, mostly C5's and C6's.

Im not discriminating or saying anything about who drives one but DAMN get in the gas!!. I see people in a corvette trying to turn out of a side street and wating until they cant see nothing from here to freaking Mobile Alabama....they drive it like its a damn honda.

I understand people buy one because it looks nice, but damn open up the gas and get it out in traffic! I cant stand seeing people driving corvettes like they are 4 cylinders. They are performance cars, they were built to be driven hard!
    I hear ya! You know what else i'm sick of? I'm sick of seeing trucks (like your's, an S10 Extreme) that are not hauling anything! Why get a truck if you aren't going to haul anything!!! They want to drive them around without a washing machine in the bed and act like they are a damn honda! It's a disgrace!

Now if you will excuse me, i'm going to hop in my vette and go out and be stupid now. Maybe i'll break something expensive or get a ticket. I'll be sure to post about it on here to let you know i'm driving my car up to your standards now.

Detailing + Design third_shift|studios's Avatar

My life is a
    Ben Stiller movie.

Mexican killed my car

I guess its just me, Im not a person that likes to see a sports car being driven like a volvo.
    It says under your name "Future T/A Owner". Hopefully it's a long time in the future. Give you a little more time to grow up so you won't kill yourself or other people. Anyone that comes onto a messageboard bitching about corvette owners not driving aggressive enough for you has some serious maturity issues.

Paid 2 Post Daycrew SexOnWheels's Avatar

Blood Red
    Z28

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    It says under your name "Future T/A Owner". Hopefully it's a long time in the future. Give you a little more time to grow up so you won't kill yourself or other people. Anyone that comes onto a messageboard bitching about corvette owners not driving aggressive enough for you has some serious maturity issues.
    Zing.

If I owned a Vette I would race the shit out of it.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Around here, the dudes who drive like shit and cut people off are usually in hondas

The Herpes of LS1.com Modulistic's Avatar

gray
    07 duramax

how dare you

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

LOL...hey Mod...I should have said hard working young uns have Vette's too I guess....

Mexican killed my car

LOL...hey Mod...I should have said hard working young uns have Vette's too I guess....
    Not only that....but mod keeps semi automatic rifles in his corvette.

Miss Pennsylvania ls1blackbeauty98's Avatar

'98 Black Gone :(
    01 WS6 Midnight Blue

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Around here, the dudes who drive like shit and cut people off are usually in hondas
    hahaha
    same thing goes on around here, except its more mini vans who are the crazy people who drive like shit... haha *no offense to anyone who owns/DDs a mini van*

Retired Outlaw Sum Bitch

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCaveMan View Post
    Not only that....but mod keeps semi automatic rifles in his corvette.
    Around here where Mod and I live everybody has/carry's a gun.....so it aint nothing unique.
    I have guns in all my cars....in my office desk...and of course at home throughout the house and I am way behind most of the people I know around here.....guns we all got.

Compulsive F bomb dropper sgt0704's Avatar

silver
    1998 Z28

When you know you've got the fastest stock car on the street, and your shit costs 15-30k more than every one elses shit, you drive it slow. because you know you're gonna win, you know you're gonna pull the pussy, so why drive so fast.

you wanna make sure EVERYONE gets to see your investment.

if i ever get a bentley, i'm gonna come to Pensacola, and drive slow. just for you.
    Last edited by sgt0704; 06-05-2007 at 01:56 PM. Reason: fucken smilies

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information