414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Why do alot of Jeep Wrangler owners have a cocky attitude about them?

This isn't a flame/bash on ALL Wrangler owners. But I am being serious here. Me and my wife have noticed over the last few months, basically ever since spring/summer season that it seems like the majority, again NOT ALL, act like some form of a cocky asshole on the road. I understand the feeling of taking off the hard/soft top and cruising and all that but the stares you get with the smug look on their face like you are envious of them because they are in a Jeep. More than a few were assholes who were weaving in and out of traffic leaving inches to spare and not using turnsignals....which is my biggest petpeave. Driving with their shirts off Just dumb little shit like that confuses the hell out of me. I mean, not to be a dick, but it is a Jeep Wrangler, not a $50k+ that isn't within most peoples budget. What gives? Anyone else notice this behavior?

Black
    99 SS

yes it a jeep thing we wouldn't understand, lol

i hate jeeps too, ugly as shit cars....

Something wicked this way Jeep41's Avatar

Gomango
    06 Dodge Charger Daytona

I guess I *could* be one of the most qualified to answer this question, having owned and rebuilt jeeps for a business and hobby over the past several years.

More than likely you're seeing kids driving these jeeps with their feelings of superiority. You're seeing more of them because it is the summer time and yep, come high or hell water that top is coming off. Kids will be kids, whether it's a '98 LS1 or an '83 CJ7. They're both "cool", fun to drive and considered "hey, look at me" vehicles.

What's worse is when we see unmodded jeeps on the trails carrying on like they can make that small run off to the side where it's clear that they're gonna be scraping hardcore..

Or those guys who invest in a 3-4" BODY lift, not even touching the suspension and look silly with 31" tires on their rig. lol

414 RWHP 395 RWTQ
    00 Black Ram Air Trans Am

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep41 View Post
    I guess I *could* be one of the most qualified to answer this question, having owned and rebuilt jeeps for a business and hobby over the past several years.

More than likely you're seeing kids driving these jeeps with their feelings of superiority. You're seeing more of them because it is the summer time and yep, come high or hell water that top is coming off. Kids will be kids, whether it's a '98 LS1 or an '83 CJ7. They're both "cool", fun to drive and considered "hey, look at me" vehicles.

What's worse is when we see unmodded jeeps on the trails carrying on like they can make that small run off to the side where it's clear that they're gonna be scraping hardcore..

Or those guys who invest in a 3-4" BODY lift, not even touching the suspension and look silly with 31" tires on their rig. lol

This is the part that confuses me.....they're not always kids. Seems to me alot are in the 25-40 range, which I don't consider to be a kid. You're right a few are young bucks and that part I understand, it's the older crowd that I don't get

Black
    99 SS

i auctually like them a good friend of mine has a really nice 05 thats a 6 speed and been lifted with 35's. there a lot of fun to play with

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    i auctually like them a good friend of mine has a really nice 05 thats a 6 speed and been lifted with 35's. there a lot of fun to play with
    Hamsters are fun to play with too; doesn't mean I'd drive one.

Gomango
    06 Dodge Charger Daytona

If that hamster put out enough tq, i'd drive it

blue
    2000 SS

They seem even worse for me. I drive an old Scout II and it seems like they have somthing to prove when they see it. I put my top down and just enjoy the ride no need to show off.

2000 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Zboner View Post
    yes it a jeep thing we wouldn't understand, lol
    I got your jeep thing, now it burns when i pee

NBM
    99 TA

i drove a 05 jeep wrangler 6 spd when i was in the Dominican Republic, we went on this tour and you go bombing through the towns and through the jungle! The jeep was literally brand new and it already felt like it was going to break down. It was a very fun day but i dont think i'll be rushing out to buy a Jeep

Quote Originally Posted by Hurley711 View Post
    This is the part that confuses me.....they're not always kids. Seems to me alot are in the 25-40 range, which I don't consider to be a kid. You're right a few are young bucks and that part I understand, it's the older crowd that I don't get
    It is about the same as a few people in our ls1 crowd. No matter what vehicle comes out, no matter what some person does to thier car "Its not an ls1 so it must be shit"

I have noticed alot of folks in a certain make of car that are hard nut swingers of the brand drive like assholes and give everyone the shit on look.

What i do know is most people who take the time to make the vehicle thier own and do not use mommy and daddies money, or let a shop do every damn mod from stereo, to changing the oil seem to be better car people and have respect for other peoples cars.

Shit i had some snubbed nose 16 year old punk laughing about my daily driver at a GTG and giving me the song and dance about his brothers camaro would eat me up and blah blah blah. When his brother shows up it turns out to be MY OLD CAMARO i sold him with him claiming all the things done were by him he shut up real fast when i pointed that out.

NBM
    99 TA

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrus View Post
    I have noticed alot of folks in a certain make of car that are hard nut swingers of the brand drive like assholes and give everyone the shit on look.
    in my area, we call those ppl SRT 4 drivers lol seems like every time i see one the driver always has that hot shit look on his face, and is driving like a dink

Black/Purple Marble
    1995 Camaro

Eh Jeeps are over priced piles... Honest to god they are fun as **** and four wheel better than anything. But I know what you mean about alot of the owners of them for some reason.. As my gf just said over my shoulder its a Jeep thing... You wouldn't understand. And she wants to correct that a Jeep is not a Car its a JEEP lol... You get the idea she owns a Jeep... And yes she has the same problem, I'm bigger than you blah blah and she doesn't realize the Jeep really isn't, and she has tended to lack the use of signals, and merging over nice little german sports cars in city streets. I had to jump about 15 ft in the air at her to stop her..

But ya I don't get it, just immaturity I guess. Comes down to it, I know people with trucks that will blow through mud better than any CJ or XJ I have ever seen, and my Fbody is still faster.. So... Got ya beat either way. lol

No offense to Jeeps or owners, but its true and the way alot are.. But I will admit they are a blast to drive.. But ugh not looking forward to replacing the alternator in my gf's 95 Sport...

Black
    99 SS

they wave to every single one, watched a guy race up to get a wave in to this bitch and then at a stop light sees another and went nuts nuts hugh wave

Gomango
    06 Dodge Charger Daytona

Yup, we do the wave, and I gotta tell ya- it does make for a friendly community. I notice that Harley riders do the same.

1986 Camaro

I got that jeep thing once.... Now it hurts when I pee....

Black & Brilliant Silver
    1999&1997 SL600 6.0 V12's

Quote Originally Posted by IHSS View Post
    They seem even worse for me. I drive an old Scout II and it seems like they have somthing to prove when they see it. I put my top down and just enjoy the ride no need to show off.
    scout

Thread Information