2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

This is why boats are a money pit

Throw both drain plugs back in this morning, both bolts in the exhaust manifolds, tighten down all clamps and hoses, fire the engine up on the water hose (just installed my new thermostat, wanted to check for leaks). Yes, I know my propshaft is turning, it's NOT in gear, transmission fluid is just cold, and I didn't have my "1UP" prop bar bracket to keep it from spinning.

I swear, if it ain't one thing, it's another!

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

oh yeah we forgot to tell you

boats are a money pit,sale the boat and get a bike or another car

just kidding man,cant wait for the lake this year my parents retired to a chill lake house last year so im set

just gotta try to not fall off the dock on those late night fishing/drinking episodes

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    oh yeah we forgot to tell you

boats are a money pit,sale the boat and get a bike or another car

just kidding man,cant wait for the lake this year my parents retired to a chill lake house last year so im set

just gotta try to not fall off the dock on those late night fishing/drinking episodes
    Right on man, my mom lives in a neighborhood with a boat slip and a pretty large size dock. About 25-30 minutes from my house on a busy weekend towing the boat out there. Do you wakeboard at all?

So I'm assuming that there's not enough water pressure coming through my garden hose to close the built-in spring, to close off the raw water intake. There's a "T" inside the engine compartment. This little hose right here in the picture below is where the water comes in through the hose. The big hose where it says "In" is where the water comes in off the lake. There's a spring that's supposed to close when pressure builds coming through my hose. Like I said, I'm guessing it's just not closing, and I've got water going to the left (engine) and to the right (out of the bottom, where it's supposed to come in off the lake).

Just hoping it's not the impeller, and gunna cost me another weekend out of the water

98 Formula
    06 duramax

hey, at least yours is running. Mine hasn't ran more than a handful of times in 2 seasons now. Started it a couple weeks ago and it fired right up and ran like it was brand new. Went out a day later and no spark again.....spark hasn't been back since.

Awaiting Activation

69 hugger orange
    98 z28

yeah i wakeboard or try to anyway,im getting old though and that shit makes me hurt for days

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Quote Originally Posted by 0rion View Post
    hey, at least yours is running. Mine hasn't ran more than a handful of times in 2 seasons now. Started it a couple weeks ago and it fired right up and ran like it was brand new. Went out a day later and no spark again.....spark hasn't been back since.
    What kind of boat are we talking about? Year/Make/Model/Powertrain/Hours? I might be able to help you if it's an inboard ski/wake boat. Something like a MC Indmar or Nautique PCM?

Quote Originally Posted by dpinson View Post
    yeah i wakeboard or try to anyway,im getting old though and that shit makes me hurt for days
    Right on man, I'm riding a Hyperlite 143 right now. Friend and I went out today, his first time attempting to waterski and both of my rope handles broke trying to pull him up He's nearly 6' and 250lbs. Ropes and all were old anyways, I didn't expect them to last all year, but I wasn't planning on them breaking today either. As for your age, it's all in your head.... really

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Doesnt look like anything is wrong. Lucky you dont run in the salt water. Kills things even faster.

black
    2000 pontiac trans am

just found a 8hp outboard at the dump, need an impeller for it, but it started right up.

SS: NBM, tan top
    1998-SS, 2010 Jetta TDI

bust out another thousand!

Pewter
    2000 Z28 Camaro

I can't afford boats....

Thread Information