Page 1 of 12 12345 ... LastLast

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Post Who's horny for a droid?

For all you verizon users....the most anticipated phone of the year is soon to debut. http://phones.verizonwireless.com/motorola/droid/#

The new droid from Motorola (I'm not a fan of motorola btw) and enhanced by google is to be a very stout phone. Uses the same processor as the Palm pre, which means it can multi-task. Has a real qwerty pad which for me makes a difference over the iphone. It has 16 gig of removable memory, upgradeable to 32 gb. Screen resolution is superior as well. Oh and you can remove the battery on this phone....the iphone you cannot. Many nice things have been put into this phone and hopefully it proves to be all that they claim it to be. Only time will tell.

Research for yourself. http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-10386430-71.html

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I ready for it. Getting one when its out.

2006 GTO

son of a bitch.. why does every other phone provider have a better phone than mine?!

I like the palm pre but it is just limited on things..

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I ready for it. Getting one when its out.
    There will be more android type phones coming out next year as well. Also don't forget that Apple's contract with AT&T runs out early next year as well. And FYI, Apple's iphone development team is a huge group and they are supposed to be coming up with something new in not too long.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by tallnick View Post
    son of a bitch.. why does every other phone provider have a better phone than mine?!

I like the palm pre but it is just limited on things..
    The palm pre is just the first of many that palm is coming out with. They're re-inventing themselves to climb back into the market with state of the art stuff. Be patient and you'll see several new things from palm. The pre is a pretty good phone btw.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

Quote Originally Posted by ntimid8r View Post
    There will be more android type phones coming out next year as well. Also don't forget that Apple's contract with AT&T runs out early next year as well. And FYI, Apple's iphone development team is a huge group and they are supposed to be coming up with something new in not too long.
    dam i feel like i just got the 3g S

2006 GTO

The palm pre is just the first of many that palm is coming out with. They're re-inventing themselves to climb back into the market with state of the art stuff. Be patient and you'll see several new things from palm. The pre is a pretty good phone btw.

it is by far my favorite phone I have ever own.. no doubt about it.. it has given me less hassles than others but still it is missing some of the cool aps of the Iphones..

I will probably be buying more palms from here on..

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by toityme View Post
    dam i feel like i just got the 3g S
    With the cell phone market becoming so extremely competitive....they all have to develop the future and do it better than the next guy.

'06 Z06 & '05 Ram SRT-10

With the cell phone market becoming so extremely competitive....they all have to develop the future and do it better than the next guy.
    haha thats so true!

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

I've been happy with my iphone. you can run multiple programs at a time, you just have to jailbreak it.

Blown, Stroked, & Sprayed

Black
    383 Procharged & N20 Vert

I am not touching the iPhone. Its a damn MAC!

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

it is by far my favorite phone I have ever own.. no doubt about it.. it has given me less hassles than others but still it is missing some of the cool aps of the Iphones..

I will probably be buying more palms from here on..
    iphone owns the apps market. But what was strange, IMO, is that Apple is pushing the fcc to put injunctions in order to keep palm pre owners off their app site. Like why would they cut business/revenue just to make their site exclusive to iphone users. Why not sell their apps to everyone.

Palm pre is a very cool phone. First to come out with the multi-tasking capability, which is a good thing.

2006 GTO

anyone with an iphone get mentioned to them that they sound really soft on the other end? I called a friend the other day that had one and I could barely hear him..

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by LgndKller20073 View Post
    I've been happy with my iphone. you can run multiple programs at a time, you just have to jailbreak it.
    I've never seen or used one that has jailbreak. Can it run, lets say, internet and text message at the same time?

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

Quote Originally Posted by Ed Blown Vert View Post
    I am not touching the iPhone. Its a damn MAC!
    Mac or not....if you do use jailbreak on it...you can pretty much use it as a pocket computer. Very powerful in that regard.

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

anyone with an iphone get mentioned to them that they sound really soft on the other end? I called a friend the other day that had one and I could barely hear him..
    This is probably true. That was part of the design of the iphone...use the cheapest phone base and build up a bitchin computer phone on top of it. So it's an amazing mobile device, but it lacks voice quality. Plus AT&T isn't a great voice network either. They have fast data but suck at voice quality in comparison to cdma based phones.

2006 GTO

ah that would make sense.. my palm pre has great reception almost all the time.. and usually its pretty clear but i am in a good sprint location..

Gray/ White
    09Ram 1500 83 Thunderturd

I'll let Ed deal with any of the early glitches and get one in the late spring

383 w/Meth & ProCharger
    2001 Camaro Z28

ah that would make sense.. my palm pre has great reception almost all the time.. and usually its pretty clear but i am in a good sprint location..
    I used to be on sprint and didn't have any complaints with their voice quality. I switched to verizon just to see if the grass was any greener. It's not.

Arctic White
    2001 Firebird

iphone owns the apps market. But what was strange, IMO, is that Apple is pushing the fcc to put injunctions in order to keep palm pre owners off their app site. Like why would they cut business/revenue just to make their site exclusive to iphone users. Why not sell their apps to everyone.

Palm pre is a very cool phone. First to come out with the multi-tasking capability, which is a good thing.
    I've never seen or used one that has jailbreak. Can it run, lets say, internet and text message at the same time?
    They're attempting to force people to make the choice between an iPhone and all the apps or a palm pre without the apps.

It can run both....it's not like separate windows or anything. what it does is keeps the program running in the background. so when you click back on the app, it loads up immediately and goes right back to where you were.

Page 1 of 12 12345 ... LastLast

Thread Information