Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Black
    2002 Z28

whos gotten a reckless driving ticket?

i got into an accident last night and the bitch cop slammed me with a reckless driving failiure to control vehicle because i lost traction on a rainy day and ina desperate attempt to not slam into the cars in the oncoming i went way off into the grass.i have court on march 10th and i dont know what to expect and i heard i can lose my license 6months-2years?is that true?so anyone who has gotten a ticket what was your punishment?

2002 C5 - M6 - Blue
    2000 Z28 - A4 - Pewter

Dude, seriously... you're making too much of a big deal about it. More than likely the court will suspend it for no more than 6 months. I think you have a good chance of not losing it at all if you go in there and be straight up honest with them. They'll want to slam you with a hefty fine more than anything.

Reckless Driving - Everyone has a different record, different age, different circumstances... I would have to say I beleive mine to be pretty similar to yours, but mine was probably a little worse going into court. Mostly because after the cop was finished, all the judge said before he found me guilty, was when he asked the officer

Judge: "So the car was upside down, resting on its roof?"

Deputy: "Yes, Your Honor"

Judge: "ok"

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

How old are you and what are your prior offenses?

Black
    2002 Z28

im 16 and have none.but this lady said she witnessed it and she was calling me a liar aboutw hat happened and was asking if i was on my phone(which i wasnt)i just dont want to get my license suspended at ALL and the bitch who called the cops probably told the officer i was driving like an idiot

Bright Red
    1999 Trans Am Ws6

Eek...at 16 you are pretty much FUCKED. You are almost definitley going to lose your license for a little bit. Not to mention since you are so young and just had a costly accident your insurance is going to skyrocket now. SR21 high risk.

Best bet, hire a lawyer. Cause without one, you are going to get it bad.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

When you get your license back, drive with more care.

Black
    2002 Z28

what could a lwayerr possibly do other than repeat exactly what i say?

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by F-my-body View Post
    Who will a Judge more likely take into consideration an argument from:

A) You, the 16 year old kid

or

B) An adult who has devoted years to a post-graduate education and is well-versed in law?

Yeah, you're right, just talk to the Judge yourself.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

im 16 and have none.but this lady said she witnessed it and she was calling me a liar aboutw hat happened and was asking if i was on my phone(which i wasnt)i just dont want to get my license suspended at ALL and the bitch who called the cops probably told the officer i was driving like an idiot
    Bring a copy of your cell phone bill with you. If they claim that you were on your phone you should have proof that you weren't. So at 16 you are legally allowed to drive wherever?

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

They may be able to keep cost down for the ticket. Might be able let you keep the license. Heck many things. It all very's by state. I know here in Oklahoma well I should say the Tulsa area. With a reckless driving ticket the judge will make a lawyer a must. You first appernce all he will do is say get a lawyer and set a new date with you and a lawyer.

Purple
    1998 Trans Am

the judge will explain that you can plead guilty or not guilty....if you plead not guilty you can have a bench trial which the judge hears what you have to say right then and there... tell your story and hope she understands....but plead not guilty!

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    So at 16 you are legally allowed to drive wherever?
    Unless I misunderstand this question, as far as I know this is an obvious "yes".

Arctic White
    2000 Z28

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Unless I misunderstand this question, as far as I know this is an obvious "yes".
    Alot of states now have restrictions on young drivers. Only one person in the car. Can only drive during the day. At night you must have a job.. ETC..

•For the first year, no driving between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or licensed driver at least 25 years old;
    •For the first six months, no passengers under age 20, except for family members;
    •For the second six months, no more than three passengers under age 20.

Penalties

•1st offense - a warning letter is sent to the parent or guardian, as well as the ticket which is at least $101;
    •2nd offense - suspension of the driver's license for six months, as well as the cost of the ticket;
    •3rd offense - license is suspended until the age of 18.
    Last edited by Z28Thunder; 01-23-2010 at 03:18 PM.

always dirty
    2013 Ram 2014 Caddy ATS

Quote Originally Posted by 86 IROC-Z View Post
    Here you can only drive to and from work. Many kids do drive everywhere even though you can get ticketed for it.

Orange, red, white
    1967,68,97,2000 Camaros

1. What do your parents say? They'll have to be there with you in court.

2. Ask to talk with the prosecutor and lay it out for them.

3. Expect to not be believed when you made the choice to either slam into oncoming traffic or take it in the grass. You're 16 for Christ's sake. I don't even believe you weren't driving like an idiot and I don't even know you. I do know it was wet, you're 16, and were driving a Z28(or am I taking that part for granted). They're going to think the same thing I did, and they have some woman's statement to the fact. Be honest and let them know what you did and why. Were you going too fast for road conditions or just flat out driving like an idiot? Did you just freak out when the car lost traction or were you just flat out driving like an idiot? They are going to think one thing, it'll be up to you to get them to see your side.
    Last edited by usa1camaro; 01-23-2010 at 03:28 PM.

Black
    2002 Z28

for hte first year your only allowed to have 1 person in the car not counting family memebers.and we have a curfew for everyone under 18 for the state its 12 but the county i live in is 11

05 Wrangler
    00 Z28 sold :-(

So you're blaming the rain? It's more like you used too much throttle while in the rain. Sorry but I believe everything the witness said...i've seen way too many kids driving like tards.

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Z28Thunder View Post
    Alot of states now have restrictions on young drivers. Only one person in the car. Can only drive during the day. At night you must have a job.. ETC..

•For the first year, no driving between 1 a.m. and 5 a.m. unless accompanied by a parent, guardian or licensed driver at least 25 years old;
    •For the first six months, no passengers under age 20, except for family members;
    •For the second six months, no more than three passengers under age 20.

Penalties

•1st offense - a warning letter is sent to the parent or guardian, as well as the ticket which is at least $101;
    •2nd offense - suspension of the driver's license for six months, as well as the cost of the ticket;
    •3rd offense - license is suspended until the age of 18.
    Oh okay, I was under the impression that he meant that you couldn't drive at all, i.e. a higher minimum driving age.

When I was that age I think it was no driving midnight to 6am and no passengers except for family for the first 6 months.

I remember about 3 months into getting my license, I was pulled over for reckless driving, driving past curfew, driving with too many people in the vehicle (7 other guys in the minivan lulz), and they also threatened criminal trespass since it was a private neighborhood and none of us lived there.

I was only cited for the passengers, which was a $255 ticket, but that got dropped after a talk with the DA.
    Quote Originally Posted by bigrondownhiller View Post
    Here you can only drive to and from work. Many kids do drive everywhere even though you can get ticketed for it.
    Those are the only circumstances under which you can drive at 16? If that's the case, do they require an employment check for DL applicant that are 16?

Black
    1999 TA WS.6

i got into an accident last night and the bitch cop slammed me with a reckless driving failiure to control vehicle because i lost traction on a rainy day and ina desperate attempt to not slam into the cars in the oncoming i went way off into the grass.i have court on march 10th and i dont know what to expect and i heard i can lose my license 6months-2years?is that true?so anyone who has gotten a ticket what was your punishment?
    Bitch of a cop? You mean, a LEO that was doing their job? YOU lost control. Cars don't magically lose control every time it rains. Ive driven in complete downpours with worn out Mickey Thompson ET drag radials, my car is still alive and I didn't crash.

You did something wrong, probably due to your low experience at driving, a V8 rear wheel drive nonetheless. Either way, don't try and pass the blame onto some citizen. You crashed, deal with what comes from it like a man and drive with a little more respect when operating a powerful car from now on.
    Last edited by Hi-Po; 01-23-2010 at 03:50 PM.
    370 CI - Twin 6766 Turbo - Jakes stage 5 4L80E - MWC 9" - Holley Dominator

Build in progress...

Everything fiberglass
    2005 Amberlamps

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Po View Post
    Bitch of a cop? You mean, a LEO that was doing their job? YOU lost control. Cars don't magically lose control every time it rains. Ive driven in complete downpours with worn out Mickey Thompson ET drag radials, my car is still alive and I didn't crash.

You did something wrong, probably due to your low experience at driving, a V8 rear wheel drive nonetheless. Either way, don't try and pass the blame onto some citizen. You crashed, deal with what comes from it like a man and drive with a little more respect for a power car from now on.
    God damnit, I'm usually the first to point out those things and to say something to the same effect.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information